Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Celtic v Rangers 1969. PSports now

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

If anyone is near their TV and has premier sports, check out this game from 1969 (Scottish Cup Final). Its like watching a different sport and is a real roughhouse affair.

Soccer has deffo gone soft.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#2 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

One of the teachers at the school where I work is a long-time Celtic fan. He's really mixed-up at the moment. This morning he was beaming as he pointed out that Celtic were in the Champions League last 16 and Rangers were in the third division. His smile wavered a little as I pointed out that Celtic had lost their fiercest rivals, biggest games, largest crowds and only real competition. After a moment's thought, he concurred; then beamed again as he said that he'd just like to enjoy it for the time being. I can't say I blame him. :D

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#3 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 373 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

If anyone is near their TV and has premier sports, check out this game from 1969 (Scottish Cup Final). Its like watching a different sport and is a real roughhouse affair.

Soccer has deffo gone soft.

Where the hell was the commentator from? Was he a Yank? Weird voice. Glad I had rewind on the Sky+ Box. No blooming replays in them days. Was looking forward to seeing wee Jinky Johnston. Must have been injured. Thems was the days. Steady on! I'm coming over all misty-eyed. Fellout with soccer a good while ago and the cheating effers like that foreigner throwing himself to the ground for Arsenal v WBA won't entice me back any time soon.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#4 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Where the hell was the commentator from? Was he a Yank? Weird voice. Glad I had rewind on the Sky+ Box. No blooming replays in them days. Was looking forward to seeing wee Jinky Johnston. Must have been injured. Thems was the days. Steady on! I'm coming over all misty-eyed. Fellout with soccer a good while ago and the cheating effers like that foreigner throwing himself to the ground for Arsenal v WBA won't entice me back any time soon.

Good call all round. Think the commentator may have been Irish...??? Very softly though. No cheats playing there though. :)

A bit of argy bargy etc and fists thrown but no dramatics. Rangers fans attempt pitch invasion when 4-0 down only to be sorted out ASAP by the cops/security.

Edited by Johnoco, 11 December 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#5 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,862 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Were they still using cotton jumpers for goalposts in 1969 or was polyester allowed?

Edited by gingerjon, 11 December 2012 - 02:52 PM.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#6 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Were they still using cotton jumpers for goalposts in 1969 or was polyester allowed?

Proper jumpers they were lad.

And the only advertising seemed to be a board for the Daily Express behind each goal area.

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,786 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Proper jumpers they were lad.

Aye, proper manly jumpers, made from horsehair, girders and hedgehogs.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,077 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Aye, proper manly jumpers, made from horsehair, girders and hedgehogs.

They left out the horsehair for the shorts - too soft.

LUNEW.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users