Celtic v Rangers 1969. PSports now

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,077 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

If anyone is near their TV and has premier sports, check out this game from 1969 (Scottish Cup Final). Its like watching a different sport and is a real roughhouse affair.

Soccer has deffo gone soft.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#2 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 07:44 PM

One of the teachers at the school where I work is a long-time Celtic fan. He's really mixed-up at the moment. This morning he was beaming as he pointed out that Celtic were in the Champions League last 16 and Rangers were in the third division. His smile wavered a little as I pointed out that Celtic had lost their fiercest rivals, biggest games, largest crowds and only real competition. After a moment's thought, he concurred; then beamed again as he said that he'd just like to enjoy it for the time being. I can't say I blame him. :D

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#3 topchef

topchef
  • Coach
  • 376 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

If anyone is near their TV and has premier sports, check out this game from 1969 (Scottish Cup Final). Its like watching a different sport and is a real roughhouse affair.

Soccer has deffo gone soft.

Where the hell was the commentator from? Was he a Yank? Weird voice. Glad I had rewind on the Sky+ Box. No blooming replays in them days. Was looking forward to seeing wee Jinky Johnston. Must have been injured. Thems was the days. Steady on! I'm coming over all misty-eyed. Fellout with soccer a good while ago and the cheating effers like that foreigner throwing himself to the ground for Arsenal v WBA won't entice me back any time soon.

Moff
Go Cumbria!

#4 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,077 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Where the hell was the commentator from? Was he a Yank? Weird voice. Glad I had rewind on the Sky+ Box. No blooming replays in them days. Was looking forward to seeing wee Jinky Johnston. Must have been injured. Thems was the days. Steady on! I'm coming over all misty-eyed. Fellout with soccer a good while ago and the cheating effers like that foreigner throwing himself to the ground for Arsenal v WBA won't entice me back any time soon.

Good call all round. Think the commentator may have been Irish...??? Very softly though. No cheats playing there though. :)

A bit of argy bargy etc and fists thrown but no dramatics. Rangers fans attempt pitch invasion when 4-0 down only to be sorted out ASAP by the cops/security.

Edited by Johnoco, 11 December 2012 - 01:15 AM.

#5 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,167 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

Were they still using cotton jumpers for goalposts in 1969 or was polyester allowed?

Edited by gingerjon, 11 December 2012 - 02:52 PM.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#6 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,077 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Were they still using cotton jumpers for goalposts in 1969 or was polyester allowed?

Proper jumpers they were lad.

And the only advertising seemed to be a board for the Daily Express behind each goal area.

#7 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,577 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Proper jumpers they were lad.

Aye, proper manly jumpers, made from horsehair, girders and hedgehogs.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#8 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,220 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

Aye, proper manly jumpers, made from horsehair, girders and hedgehogs.

They left out the horsehair for the shorts - too soft.

LUNEW.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users