Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

if you could sign one player for your team..

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,116 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:57 AM

if you could sign one player to improve your team who would you sign? the one i would love widnes to sign isn't a world star (yet) but he would complete the jigsaw for us..................................paul mcshane from leeds.
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#2 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,035 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

Assuming the choice is limited to players who aren't already "stars", I'd go for Richard Fussell from the Ospreys.

He's not young but is one of the unluckiest players never to have been capped. Fast and committed, he could play anywhere in a Superleague backline; I reckon he'd be a bargain.

Edited by Wolford6, 11 December 2012 - 02:00 PM.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#3 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,861 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

I'd love too see kiwi scrum half Shaun Johnson in a st Helen's shirt, absolute freak of a talent and most exciting kiwi I've seen since Stacey jones.

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

If I wanted my team to get better then I'd go for Cameron Smith he'd make the biggest impact although we wouldn't be much more entertaining. For entertainment I'd go for either Barba or Tomkins just for their kick returns. Realistically speaking I'd love too see andy ellis back although we do have a surplus of players in that position, maybe seeing ade gardner back where he started would be good too see in a year or two.

#5 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 20,365 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 04:39 PM

I'd love too see kiwi scrum half Shaun Johnson in a st Helen's shirt, absolute freak of a talent and most exciting kiwi I've seen since Stacey jones.

Agreed; a player worth watching over the next few years.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#6 jackknife

jackknife
  • Coach
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

1st Cameron Smith 2nd Paul Gallen or 3rd Greg Bird

cas need a nasty b*st*rd as we haven't had 1 for a while so the last 2 would fit the bill but I dont think any team could over look cameron smith no matter who you already had playing at hooker
COME ON THE CORN
CLASSY CAS 4EVA
Go Go Go York City Knights!

#7 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Sinfield we'd be champions !!

Overseas Paul Gallen. Best player since Les Boyd.

#8 storm4ever

storm4ever
  • Players
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:38 AM

I am happy with the team I support so I can`t think of anybody else I would want to replace any of our players.

GO STORM..2012 PREMIERS..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users