RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fundraising?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 02:45 PM

How do your clubs go about,fundraising?
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#2 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

Weekly raffles at home games. Hot drinks and food. Usually brings around 100 quid clear profit which helps with kit wash, ref and first aid. For lump sums, we do race nights which go down well. Xmas raffles are good too if done right!

#3 mmp

mmp
  • Coach
  • 364 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Make sure you speak with RFL about tickets for events. We took 50 at £31 to Grand Final, 50% cashback = a cheque for £775 into club account. RFL Community raffle has earnt us a few hundred a year too.

Thats on top of events, local business sponsorship etc.
In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero....bs/burybroncos/

#4 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Fantastic stuff. Sadly I don't think that works down South for clubs less than 10 years old who play out of a Rugby Union club and have very small fan bases.

I know the club I play for get cashback for major events but I don't think many people from my club attend RL games sadly.

Edited by HappyDave, 11 December 2012 - 06:41 PM.

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#5 redditchbulldog

redditchbulldog
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:33 PM

we are having a band night at a local pub this saturday, got 3 bands performing for nowt , tickets a fiver a piece ,sold 50 tickets already with pay on the door as well , so at least £250 profit straight into club funds

Edited by redditchbulldog, 11 December 2012 - 07:33 PM.

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

#6 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,180 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Fantastic stuff. Sadly I don't think that works down South for clubs less than 10 years old who play out of a Rugby Union club and have very small fan bases.

I know the club I play for get cashback for major events but I don't think many people from my club attend RL games sadly.

World Cup in Bristol? Got to be worth a minibus.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2014 - the hard work starts now

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

Sometimes the simple things bring you a better return for far less work, pressure and worry.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#8 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:14 AM

At Thatto Heath we run a Handicap Coupon (shamelessly stole the idea from Ince Rose Bridge and devepoled it a little). Pick 7 games and allocate a handicap to each game. £1 a go (we average between 30-35 a week between players and speccies) £20 a week into the jackpot fund that rolls over to a maximum of £100. Anything more than £20 collected (to build the jackpot) goes into team funds. Once the jackpot reaches £100 then all monies collected the following week go into team funds (this is when you start making decent money). Ideally you want it to go for around 10 weeks before it gets won (5 to bulid the jackpot and then the rest to make your money). Once it is won the jackpot starts again from 20 quid. We made around £500 over the course of the season (only started part way in) from it.

Edited by thestatman, 12 December 2012 - 03:15 AM.

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#9 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 8,987 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

Sometimes the simple things bring you a better return for far less work, pressure and worry.

Indeed. Getting subs in is the biggie.

We have an arrangement with a bar to help too. We host an event and drag people along, the bar charges standard prices for their beer, however, we get a cut. This was their suggestion, as they did not want to give cheaper beer to us than their regular customers receive.

#10 brooza

brooza
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

EDIT: Ignore this one as well

Edited by brooza, 12 December 2012 - 12:43 PM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#11 brooza

brooza
  • 4,076 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:40 PM

EDIT: Ignore that, misread some things

Edited by brooza, 12 December 2012 - 12:42 PM.

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos and St Albans Centurions fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade, Dragones de la Sierra and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#12 Bob8

Bob8
  • Coach
  • 8,987 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

That the Irish bar? (Can't remember the name)

The Irish bar is The Dubliner.

It is a different bar, but things are not finalised yet.

#13 carlos

carlos
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

We do our Subs on a Standing Order basis that run for the whole year, £10 a month . Cheap enough so that players dont worry about it going out and as its annual it means income coming in during off season that enables us to pay off the early season stuff (Barla fees etc)

#14 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

World Cup in Bristol? Got to be worth a minibus.

Its a Thursday night. I personally decided to go for decent seats in Wembley, Old Trafford and behind the sticks at the Millennium, through the club.

Don't know how many people are going to the Bristol game from here but I don't think it will be many.

Edited by HappyDave, 12 December 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#15 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Well no, as long as we keep talking it down they wont....

#16 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:42 PM

Well no, as long as we keep talking it down they wont....

Huh?

#17 Wirejb

Wirejb
  • Players
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Boxing event is the biggest earner we do can easily clear 4k but takes quite a bit of orginising, everyone likes a good tear up maybe do it against one of your local clubs and split the proceeds, plus if your room holds more people than ours then more money to be made

#18 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

How big is the function room at your ground??? Do you sell £60 tickets??? :huh:

#19 Wirejb

Wirejb
  • Players
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

It will hold about 300 standing, we do tickets for £20 each, raffle £5 ticket, sponsor the fighters £25 each, you roughly have between £1500-£2000 in overheads to consider.

#20 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:00 PM

I'm guessing not may Rugby clubs (of either code) have facilities to do that. Good work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users