Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Boxing Day

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 944 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 10:46 AM

How much will it be on the day to get in,also will a programme be made for the game or team sheets will be used ?

#2 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

Half price if your wearing a batley shirt , so im told , double if youve got a rams top on :lol:

#3 CommunityBulldog

CommunityBulldog
  • Players
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:59 PM

£15 Adults
£10 Conc/Students
£3 Kids

I'm thinking the club are doing a programme but not 100%.

#4 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 755 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

i'm sorry but we should be out promo the game there's less than 2 weeks until the game and this first i'v heard anything about it.

#5 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 944 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

£15 Adults
£10 Conc/Students
£3 Kids

I'm thinking the club are doing a programme but not 100%.

Thanks for the information.

#6 RogerTRam

RogerTRam
  • Coach
  • 211 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 03:00 AM

i'm sorry but we should be out promo the game there's less than 2 weeks until the game and this first i'v heard anything about it.

Am sure something will come along but I've not heard anything myself. "KTF".

Edited by RogerTRam, 13 December 2012 - 08:24 AM.

#7 andyram

andyram
  • Coach
  • 944 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:57 AM

The Batley poster at the bottom of the road up to the club was only change this week to show the Dewsbury game,you would had thought that would had been change weeks ago.Dewsbury poster sign outside our ground has been showing the friendly game with Halifax for a while now and that's not on until Jan 6.

#8 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Everybody knows Batley play Dewsbury on boxing day! We have been doing so since God was a little lad.

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#9 BatleyFanAndy

BatleyFanAndy
  • Coach
  • 1,491 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Everybody knows Batley play Dewsbury on boxing day! We have been doing so since God was a little lad.

Was just thinking the same thing. Why the big oooh aaah?
SIGNATURE

#10 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 610 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Exactly! It will be in the local papers on Thursday.

#11 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

Looking forward to this game, can you tell me the kick off time as I can't find any details, can't check local press as I do not live locally,

cheers

#12 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

It kicks off at 12 o clock according to the website fixture list.

#13 BROADEDDIE

BROADEDDIE
  • Coach
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

cheers

#14 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Actually they "always" used to play on Christmas Day but maybe that extends beyond your colossal memory PM?

B)
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#15 Philius T Wilderbeest

Philius T Wilderbeest
  • Players
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

Actually they "always" used to play on Christmas Day but maybe that extends beyond your colossal memory PM?

B)

Batley used to play Leeds on Christmas Day back in the days of yore. Actually.

#16 Ackropj

Ackropj
  • Coach
  • 306 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:43 PM

So your not bothered about new fans who don't know the history of your heavy woollen Derby then !!. Just the fans who already go and know boxing say is RL derby day!. I bet that will increase your crowds, that and a van I saw by Birstall the other day with a batley player on the side.

Edited by Ackropj, 20 December 2012 - 03:32 PM.

#17 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

So your not bothered about new fans who don't know the history of your heavy woollen Derbyshire then !!. Just the fans who already go and know boxing say is RL derby day!. I bet that will increase your crowds, that and a van I saw by Birstall the other day with a batley player on the side.

Can you make sure you mention it on the Bookcocks Bulldog wagon Spotting thread please then?

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

Batley used to play Leeds on Christmas Day back in the days of yore. Actually.

Really? Before my time then.

I was referring to the days when they would play each other on Christmas Day with the return on Boxing Day, both being league games of course. This was in the days when milk and post would be delivered on Christmas Day, the buses still used to run etc.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Really? Before my time then.

I was referring to the days when they would play each other on Christmas Day with the return on Boxing Day, both being league games of course. This was in the days when milk and post would be delivered on Christmas Day, the buses still used to run etc.

Yes I knew this BSJ my pa told me, but you are correct in that it was before my time, but as I understand we used to kick yer ass in them days too!

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#20 Bi11

Bi11
  • Coach
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

Yes I knew this BSJ my pa told me, but you are correct in that it was before my time, but as I understand we used to kick yer ass in them days too!

As I remember it,both teams were usually too full of Christmas 'cheer ' to kick anyones ass.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users