• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,315 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:08 PM

Centurions Confirm Friendly Game With Swinton Lions

With just 10 days to go to the start of the Championship season, this fixture will give both coaches a valuable insight into how pre season training has gone. The next time we face Swinton will be on Good Friday 29th March, which will be our away game against our nearest neighbours! With a crowd of just over 2,100 on the previous Good Friday game, it would be good to beat this attendance, so again a reminder of Fetch Bob - don’t let anyone miss out on the action.

Leigh Centurions media

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 PhilCarrington

PhilCarrington
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Very odd press release - no date given for the game. A lot easier to "fetch bob" if you can tell bob the date and kick-off time.

#3 once a ref always a ref

once a ref always a ref
  • 7,031 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Ten days to the start of the Championship Season? :rolleyes:

Edited by once a ref always a ref, 13 December 2012 - 04:24 PM.

I don't believe in reincarnation but I did in a previous life

#4 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,876 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:27 PM

Very odd press release - no date given for the game. A lot easier to "fetch bob" if you can tell bob the date and kick-off time.

Yep - tbh it doesn't make any sense to me. The first line suggests that the Championship season starts next week!

I had no idea what the hell Fetch Bob meant either.

#5 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,872 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

The pigeon must only have delivered half message to TRL Towers the version I saw had all the details in;

Swinton Lions - Friday 25th Jan KO 7:30pm
With just 10 days to go to the start of the Championship season this fixture will give both coaches a valuable insight into how pre season training has gone. The next time we face Swinton will be on Good Friday 29th March, which will be our away game against our nearest neighbours!
With a crowd of just over 2,100 on the previous Good Friday game, it would be good to beat this attendance, so again a reminder of Fetch Bob - don’t let anyone miss out on the action.
Ticket Prices for all friendlies:
Adults £13.00
Concessions £8
Junior’s £4.00
U12's £1.00
Family ticket £30.00 (2 adults and 2 juniors)

#6 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,797 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

Bit pedantic but is it possible to have a separate forum for specific club adverts like this? A lot more of these types of club media releases (usually about Leeds) have popped up on this general forum. They are more like articles you would expect to find in a magazine rather than points of debate.

#7 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,142 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

with the amount of our ex players at both clubs it'll be like watching widnes old boys........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#8 PhilCarrington

PhilCarrington
  • Coach
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

Bit pedantic but is it possible to have a separate forum for specific club adverts like this? A lot more of these types of club media releases (usually about Leeds) have popped up on this general forum. They are more like articles you would expect to find in a magazine rather than points of debate.

+1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users