RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Shaun Magennis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 4,952 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

From twitter it seams that Shaun Magennis has retired due to injuries. Always sad to see a career cut short.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#2 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

yeah sad to see, very good player also, http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/20711574

#3 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,018 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Irrespective of my feelings about him in the heat of the moment last season, it's sad to see such a young player have to call it a day. The extent of knee problems he suffered also explain why such a highly rated prospect failed to reach his potential in Saints first team. I wish him all the best for the future.

#4 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Jack Pedley - hooker at Barrow has also had to retire at the age of 23 due to persistent shoulder injuries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users