Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Shaun Magennis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,107 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

From twitter it seams that Shaun Magennis has retired due to injuries. Always sad to see a career cut short.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#2 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:25 PM

yeah sad to see, very good player also, http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/20711574

#3 giwildgo

giwildgo
  • Coach
  • 4,048 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:50 PM

Irrespective of my feelings about him in the heat of the moment last season, it's sad to see such a young player have to call it a day. The extent of knee problems he suffered also explain why such a highly rated prospect failed to reach his potential in Saints first team. I wish him all the best for the future.

#4 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,564 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:07 PM

Jack Pedley - hooker at Barrow has also had to retire at the age of 23 due to persistent shoulder injuries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users