Get the League Express Yearbook 2013/14, The Forbidden Game, All Blacks to All Golds and many more great Rugby League books at knock down prices in our Easter Sale on now at www.totalrl.com/shop but hurry, all offers end Sunday 27th April.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Our ground is rubbish

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Bearintown

Bearintown
  • Coach
  • 280 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:19 PM

Thread over on deluded about grounds.
Loved this one;
Towns stands are too far away from the pitch and this makes the view awful from all 3 sides of the ground.

What they prefer a ground where you cant see anyone score in the corners on your side of the ground??

Mind you if they had a good viewing ground like ours they would all have known Peter Dovers try was forward :lol:

#2 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Thread over on deluded about grounds.
Loved this one;
Towns stands are too far away from the pitch and this makes the view awful from all 3 sides of the ground.

What they prefer a ground where you cant see anyone score in the corners on your side of the ground??

Mind you if they had a good viewing ground like ours they would all have known Peter Dovers try was forward :lol:

I haven't been to your ground in a long time but I'm sure it can't be worse than that dump down the road from you. That must be one of the worst grounds in RL apart from Oldham of course.

#3 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 897 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

It is but they're too deluded to admit it. Just like calling themselves the pride of west Cumbria when they've never won a thing and disgraced themselves swindling the tax payers

#4 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Hilariously the thread on the halifax site the moronic jameater refers to has whitehavens ground named as the first in the blokes list, what a complete tool the daft jameater is.

forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=541202&tsmp=1355429769

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:30 PM

How can they even get into a discussion about grounds with us . Dear me . We have the shell and outline of a fine stadium ... Just needed money for development and upgrading . Now we have it and that's what really grates them . We' ll have a fine arena and , er , they still won't . World Cups coming here and it slipped through your fingers ...!

#6 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

I had completely forgotten that we had money to do our ground up, remind me again how we came to receive that money, I seem to remember a morally bankrupt club was supposed to be getting it but karma intervened and redirected it.

#7 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

even a haven fan said he was embarrased by the thread on deludedfans.com

#8 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 4,594 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:31 PM

Loadsa money ... Here's what you coulda won . Shame .

#9 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,055 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:06 PM

all old fashioned grounds like Derwent Park and Craven Park are only poor due to age and lack of investment. But what they do have in bucketfulls is an atmosphere which these new fangled out of town new grounds are completely lacking. you can keep the Keepmoat and the like for me...totally devoid of anything.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#10 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 949 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:33 AM

all old fashioned grounds like Derwent Park and Craven Park are only poor due to age and lack of investment. But what they do have in bucketfulls is an atmosphere which these new fangled out of town new grounds are completely lacking. you can keep the Keepmoat and the like for me...totally devoid of anything.

I know what you mean Morty, although biased I like DP as you can see all of the pitch and although it does in reality need more spent on it than it is currently getting, it still has a soul and a good atmosphere can be generated.
I know it's an easy target, but the Wreck has an open stand down one side which loses the atmosphere and you can't see the near corners or you can go in the Kells end but I hate watching a game behind the sticks. Then again I remember the old Fartown stadium and the old stand just seemed to bounce all the noise back at you, which you seem to lose in the newer stadia.
I am happy in my spot at DP for the time being tho.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#11 Nero

Nero
  • Coach
  • 711 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:08 AM

You can't beat the atmosphere at the Wreck, when Town are winning, the natives are sulking & the Town lads are singing in the Kells end. Happy days, gimme 5! :lol: :lol:

#12 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 949 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

You can't beat the atmosphere at the Wreck, when Town are winning, the natives are sulking & the Town lads are singing in the Kells end. Happy days, gimme 5! :lol: :lol:

Ha ha now that is a good atmosphere !!
It really livens their crowd up when that bugle sounds doesn't it? Wtf is that all about anyway as I've never understood it?
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#13 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,670 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

i think us taking the world cup off them AND getting signigicant funds for ground improvements is a little too much for some of them lol.

#14 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Craven Park is great and is being improved all the time.
The new bar and toilets on the popular side, plus the new retaining wall on Clive Street are a massive improvement.
The pitch is one of the best in the whole of the rugby league.
There is a great atmosphere on match days. Love it !
Hopefully we will have new floodlights by the end of 2013 and one day we might hopefully see the derelict old clubhouse finally get demolished !!!!

Posted Image

#15 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,268 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:12 PM

i think us taking the world cup off them AND getting signigicant funds for ground improvements is a little too much for some of them lol.

Such a shame it has upset them, its going to be really painful when they see world cup games being played at the newly updated ground, maybe we better forewarn the Samaritans to expect a flood of calls from depressed jameaters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users