RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Wakefield and Doncaster join forces.

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

http://www.loverugby...oin-forces.html

Here we go again,death of Rugby League,blah,blah,blah. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by terrywebbisgod, 13 December 2012 - 06:29 PM.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#2 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_10684-wakefield-and-doncaster-join-forces.html

Here we go again,death of Rugby League,blah,blah,blah. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

All very impressive but what it boils down to is Wakefield have saved money by abolishing their u 20 team and 13 former professional players from the u 20s and 4 who have been replaced on the Doncaster roster by the loanees have lost their jobs.

All the momentum that Doncaster have gained since their present board has taken over has been killed and now they will be content to be Wakefield's A team , drifting along in the Championship with no further ambitions in mind. All for the loan of 4 players. Oh well, c'est la vie.

#3 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 7,727 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

We have a winner.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.

#4 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

All the momentum that Doncaster have gained since their present board has taken over has been killed and now they will be content to be Wakefield's A team ... All for the loan of 4 players. Oh well, c'est la vie.

So how does that work then?
Posted Image

#5 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Nice to see another club signing their death warrant. how many feeder clubs is that now?

#6 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:25 PM

Nice to see another club signing their death warrant. how many feeder clubs is that now?

None.
Posted Image

#7 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,638 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

None.

I'm not getting into this with you again gav mate you know how I feel about these link ups and I know how you feel too. Everyone to their own.

#8 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:38 PM

I reported this link up months ago.

IMO all these link up's have come at the wrong time for Doncaster, either they had to go along with it or die simply because they are not as far advanced down a stand alone route as Sheffield & Featherstone.

Shame really because I believe they have for probably the first time a leader who was willing to work on a long term plan so the club could move forward..
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#9 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,158 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

So how does that work then?

You know exactly how it works. It has been discussed on the Leeds/ Hunslet link comments and the Oldham/ Salford and the Rochdale/Saints threads.

Let me ask you a question. as a result of this, what do you think the future holds for Doncaster ? Do you think Wakefield will ever allow them to become successful enough so that they might challenge for the Wildcats franchise place.

Do you think any possible investor will see any potential in putting money into a club whose playing staff is at the discretion of a SL club, even though they have a good board and a top class stadium and do you think Wakefield would ever vote yes to their SL ambitions when they have been used to using them as an A team.? They have made their bed now they must lie in it but don't expect me to be singing hosannas about the deal.

#10 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

I reported this link up months ago.

IMO all these link up's have come at the wrong time for Doncaster, either they had to go along with it or die simply because they are not as far advanced down a stand alone route as Sheffield & Featherstone.

Shame really because I believe they have for probably the first time a leader who was willing to work on a long term plan so the club could move forward..

What exactly is stopping them from working to that long term plan?
Posted Image

#11 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,264 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:57 PM

You know exactly how it works. It has been discussed on the Leeds/ Hunslet link comments and the Oldham/ Salford and the Rochdale/Saints threads.

Let me ask you a question. as a result of this, what do you think the future holds for Doncaster ? Do you think Wakefield will ever allow them to become successful enough so that they might challenge for the Wildcats franchise place.

Do you think any possible investor will see any potential in putting money into a club whose playing staff is at the discretion of a SL club, even though they have a good board and a top class stadium and do you think Wakefield would ever vote yes to their SL ambitions when they have been used to using them as an A team.? They have made their bed now they must lie in it but don't expect me to be singing hosannas about the deal.

Wakefield won't 'allow' Doncaster to do anything. They don't have that authority.

Any potential investor would look at Doncaster before a lot of other clubs I would imagine. Although obviously I'm not an investor so thats pure speculation, just as much as your comment about potential investors is.
Posted Image

#12 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,721 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

the link up clubs are NOT feeder clubs, they are a joint venture between a super league club and a championship club. i am sure workington fans, board, players etc etc would be insulted at the suggestions by the featherstone contingent on the forms that they are just a feeder club for widnes...........
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#13 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

They may get insulted, but that's still irrelevant to wether its the truth or not

#14 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,426 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

the oldham & salford "partnership" is practically dead in the water....thank god

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#15 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,626 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Wakefield won't 'allow' Doncaster to do anything. They don't have that authority.

Any potential investor would look at Doncaster before a lot of other clubs I would imagine. Although obviously I'm not an investor so thats pure speculation, just as much as your comment about potential investors is.

Wakefield to Donny "Do that and we will take our players back" Donny to Wakefield "Please don't or we could end up in the league of death"
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#16 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,173 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

We have a winner.

and in only two posts. That is a record...unless you know otherwise. :)

#17 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,645 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

Wakefield to Donny "Do that and we will take our players back" Put them on put salary cap and er... hang on a minute

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending to be hurt, rugby players spend 80 minutes pretending they haven't been hurt.

#18 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 403 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:54 PM

Thats fine but in the scenario you appear to be describing Doncaster can put Wakefield over the cap simply by not selecting dr players in their team.

#19 jonnyg28

jonnyg28
  • Coach
  • 637 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

the link up clubs are NOT feeder clubs, they are a joint venture between a super league club and a championship club. i am sure workington fans, board, players etc etc would be insulted at the suggestions by the featherstone contingent on the forms that they are just a feeder club for widnes...........

Feeder clubs

#20 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 16,367 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:37 PM

1. Let me ask you a question. as a result of this, what do you think the future holds for Doncaster ?

2. Do you think Wakefield will ever allow them to become successful enough so that they might challenge for the Wildcats franchise place.

1. Survival

2. I hope Wakefield do not sink that low.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users