Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Bulls sign Sidlow from Salford

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,102 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:55 PM

Patten was brilliant against us. Head and shoulders the best player on the field.

To be fair though, the Bulls team had just been told of the cash problems....if it was the game at Odsal.

#22 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

Thort sidlow was a good en last season when he was with us a town he was class a know it was 2 leauges down but his still good enough just like lunt

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,911 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

fester, Adam Sidlow played for Town in the 2007 season not last season. He was a teenager then and did play some great games for us and he loved his time at Town, as have many others that we have had on loan, etc.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 fester

fester
  • Coach
  • 515 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

I ano I meant he had a good season in s l last year lol n was class for us when he was with us

#25 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,174 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:13 AM

To be fair though, the Bulls team had just been told of the cash problems....if it was the game at Odsal.

Patten single handedly destroyed the Giants at Magic weekend too, if he hadn't played that day the Giants would have won. Simple as that.

#26 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Patten single handedly destroyed the Giants at Magic weekend too, if he hadn't played that day the Giants would have won. Simple as that.

Agreed - but all our backs were good and we showed a lot of fight that day. Probably our best day of 2012/?
He was great in attack. He was moderate when defending, but to be fair if we had a better pack this would have been less noticable. He probably spent more time defending in 2 years with us than in the rest of his career :lol: - but when we got it right and gave him room to play for a win, he was class.

#27 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,611 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

i liked big adam when he was with town, but thats when he was playing for a big club lol. in all seriousness i hope the reds can get a buyer or a decent investment, we had our problems a long time back and i wouldnt wish that on anyone not called haven
the futures bright,the futures blue and white