Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Replica Shirts in Shop Now

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

Swinton got it right........
http://www.totalrl.c...60#entry2603416

That's the design we should have gone for. Spot on! I like the Fev one too ! Ours is a massive fail !

Posted Image

#22 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

poor effort and shouldve been much better but its only a shirt....its the player wearing it that counts this year.

Just for reference Ive seen the Widnes kit in the flesh, both home and away, and its a superb design and O'Neills kit is top notch quality.

I work away in Runcorn but stay in Widnes and the Widnes club have a counter set up in the Tesco Extra store selling all their merchandise. Could we not do this ? Has anyone on the BOD looked into it ?

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#23 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Im not aware of what is made from the sale of shirts but I cannot see as many being sold this year

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#24 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:57 PM

I know Keith was on about opening the Raiders Bar in between Xmas and New year to sell merchanise. Seen as the club shop is closed for that period. To catch all the kids with their xmas money.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#25 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,114 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

Ha ha Keith Bar Humbug Holt doing christmas then again taking cash for a good cause

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#26 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:20 PM

poor effort and shouldve been much better but its only a shirt....its the player wearing it that counts this year.

Just for reference Ive seen the Widnes kit in the flesh, both home and away, and its a superb design and O'Neills kit is top notch quality.

I work away in Runcorn but stay in Widnes and the Widnes club have a counter set up in the Tesco Extra store selling all their merchandise. Could we not do this ? Has anyone on the BOD looked into it ?

Lee

DW approached Keith Holt last year about doing this and guess what...... Didn't get back to them.

#27 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:35 PM

I must admit I'm disappointed at the shirt and it will effect sales. I'm a blue and white guy that would love to see the barrow V back along with a collar that doesn't rub the neck..

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#28 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 862 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:53 PM

Can I suggest when the club designs the next seasons shirt. Can it not come up with a couple of designs, have a quick poll for the supporters. Obviously there will be a tight time line between main sponsors but it could be done. It is the supporters what buy them!
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#29 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 423 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

The 2009 shirt had the best collar and was a real smart shirt, maybe the colour was a bit dark though. I have the 2011 azzuri shirt but don't like the collar on that either. ISC seem to make good gear, not sure if they supply any of the lower league clubs though.

#30 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Can I suggest when the club designs the next seasons shirt. Can it not come up with a couple of designs, have a quick poll for the supporters. Obviously there will be a tight time line between main sponsors but it could be done. It is the supporters what buy them!

How about letting the "supporters club" design it?

#31 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

The 2009 shirt had the best collar and was a real smart shirt, maybe the colour was a bit dark though. I have the 2011 azzuri shirt but don't like the collar on that either. ISC seem to make good gear, not sure if they supply any of the lower league clubs though.

O'neill now they are quality.

#32 Cravens 13

Cravens 13
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:53 PM

Surely a design can be done and voted on then the sponsors added when they are confirmed. How do other clubs get their shirts out in such good time?

Edited by Cravens 13, 16 December 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#33 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:05 AM

The shirts have to be agreed by the RFL I know it's not a simple process of picking a shirt and getting them made, however I would like to see a pole on the design for next year, not the actual shirt but what the majority want in the way of design, collar and fit. I will still buy this years and I hope it doesn't effect sales too much but I will be wanting to replace it ASAP with next years...lol

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#34 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

How long are we tied into azzuri sport??

#35 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:07 AM

To long!

#36 STW

STW
  • Coach
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Looking at the pictures, next seasons shirt doesn't look a million miles away from the one we had 2 years ago. I wasn't at all keen on last seasons shirt when i saw the pictures but changed my opinion once i'd seen them for real. No doubt the same will apply with regards the 2013 Shirt also.Yes the necks are a bit of a pain on the Azzuri Shirts compared with the Samurai ones we had before them, but that's the way it goes. Seeing as though i didn't get one of this seasons replicas ( not because i didn't like it, just never got round to getting one) i'll be getting one of these, as well as one of the Red & White away ones. If any of you haven't seen a picture of next years away kit yet, i can see it upsetting a few of the Blue with White V brigade with it's design. ;)

Edited by STW, 17 December 2012 - 03:22 PM.

I started out with nothing and I still have most of it!

Steve W

#37 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

The away kit design should have been used on the home shirt too only in blue and white !

Posted Image

#38 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:29 PM

piccie of the away kit please ?

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#39 Oracle

Oracle
  • Coach
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Well ive been bought it as a present from my in-laws, and think it looks great on with a pair of jeans. Normally, rugby shirts can be 'garish' and ive felt weird going out generally in them, especially on a night out straight after a game. Think this years looks really smart. The sizing's are smaller than last year, but if your fortunate enough to have an athletic physique, they look great on - trust me.

"is a dream a lie if it don't come true or is it something worse?"

#40 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:21 PM

That's me knackered then Oracle...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users