TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

London Broncos v Warrington fixture to be played at Gillingham

Broncos news release

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Honor James

Honor James
  • Coach
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:30 AM

http://matchdaymail....l=3&c=122&m=128

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.”  Eleanor Roosevelt

#2 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,861 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

I love how Northern Sol hasn't posted on this. It seemed to be a black spot on his 2013 calendar not knowing where this game was going to be played.

Anyone know a quick way from Brussels to Gillingham? I'm sure I'll think of something.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#3 Northern Sol

Northern Sol
  • 17,307 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

Yeah I can't see why anyone would care how badly Broncos are run. Trying to sell season tickets without telling people where all the games were held sounded like such a good idea. I can't imagine why more clubs don't do it.

Anyway at least they've got it sorted now.

#4 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Well, they've something to build on. 5/6000 and it might start looking like they're on to something.
There's no dignity in plastic seats

#5 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,861 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:10 PM

Yeah I can't see why anyone would care how badly Broncos are run. Trying to sell season tickets without telling people where all the games were held sounded like such a good idea. I can't imagine why more clubs don't do it.

Anyway at least they've got it sorted now.

When was it? Week ago-ish?

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#6 MidlandsRugbyLeague

MidlandsRugbyLeague
  • Coach
  • 995 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:18 PM

I love how Northern Sol hasn't posted on this. It seemed to be a black spot on his 2013 calendar not knowing where this game was going to be played.

Anyone know a quick way from Brussels to Gillingham? I'm sure I'll think of something.

The Train?

#7 westlondonfan

westlondonfan
  • Coach
  • 518 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

Good choice. There was a good crowd when they played there last time. There was a good contingent from Medway Dragons I remember at the side of the main entrance.

#8 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:41 PM

When was it? Week ago-ish?

Recent enough to make one suspect that news was released to build interest in this announcement.

#9 flyingking

flyingking
  • Coach
  • 827 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Eurostar Brussels to Ebbsfleet and then take a local train to Gillingham.
www.twitter.com/flyingking2

#10 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:21 AM

Another test the water situation for the Broncos to see if its viable for the priestfield stadium to be a future home for the them perhaps?

#11 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,456 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:00 AM

Time machine.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#12 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

Another test the water situation for the Broncos to see if its viable for the priestfield stadium to be a future home for the them perhaps?

Or a new professional Kent club? This would be much more sensible. With more pro clubs located closer to Kent, logistics have improved since the Invicta days when all away days were up north and a major journey. We need to retain the Broncos in London.

#13 tim2

tim2
  • Coach
  • 8,378 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 07:30 AM

Time machine.

Surely a time machine would just take you to Brussels at a different time.

What you need is a teleporter. I think Argos had them but they've sold out.
North Derbyshire Chargers - join the stampede

Marathon in 2015 - the hard work starts now

#14 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

buy a time machine, go back in time to when Argos had teleporters in stock.....

#15 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

I am going to go to this match. I lived in kent 30 years and occasionally went to Priestfield with my mates. Last game I saw was Gills V Wigan in div 4! I don't much like football, so a RL match would have been magic for me back then. So I think I will make the trip back and watch as a neutral and then visit old friends - sounds like a plan!

#16 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Enjoyed the trip with Hull FC to Gillingham - a very good bar added to the enjoyment! ;)

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#17 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,456 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Yes, I see the problem.

It is clearly impossible for Brown to attend this match.

If only the RFL had given him six more days to plan then Argos might still have some stock.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#18 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Depends if the time machine is reference to a point on Earth or in inertial space.

#19 ArmchairRhino

ArmchairRhino
  • Coach
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Dr Emmett Browny

#20 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,861 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

All of these options sound less painledd than a return trip from Warrington to Bradford on public transport on a Sunday afternoon.