Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New signing announced....

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 casablanca

casablanca
  • Coach
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

http://www.townrlfc....le.php?id=10061

#2 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

So he was at Barrow then Widnes? Who did he play for last season?

#3 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

Took a year out and before that had knee troubles at Barra then rejoined Widnes in 2011 but only played 5 games . Talented from pedigree but maybe a bit if a punt . Lets see on the paddock , fingers crossed for us to gel and prosper .

Edited by DavidM, 14 December 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

got a bit of experience as well so he will help callum find his feet as well. good signing and in a position weve struggled in for a long time. i would still be getting a stand off to come in and support him and use phillips as a replacement hooker.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

Agree Wonky , I still think we're looking for that gun line breaking half to rip up games . Wonder if the overseas will happen , and hopefully there's more development on the amateur front.

Edited by DavidM, 14 December 2012 - 12:31 PM.

#6 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:34 PM

good signing i think we still need a goal kicking half back or a goal kicking player as i dont think he is one

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

Aye , you wouldn't want to play Forber just to kick goals .

#8 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,792 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

this is a very key position we had to fill to play behind our big pack. his background sounds impressive but the signing doesnt seem a big one for such a vital position that we need to strengthen.

#9 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 629 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

I think that will be it for the backs... I reckon Olstrum will play 13 Lupton 6 Coyle 7 . Maybe Phillips will fit in the halfs with Lupton going 13.

Id like to see another couple of 2ndrowers

#10 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 829 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

taking good shape, up the town

#11 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,926 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

Decent pedigree, could turn out to be a good signing. And as always a certain deludedfans.com poster slags off a Town signing....

Edited by OttO, 14 December 2012 - 09:46 PM.

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#12 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

Welcome to Town James.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,683 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

There's a report about James Coyle joining Town on the NW Evening Mail website and at the bottom of the article there is the following comment :-

"Great player for Barrow, was a huge miss when injured. I'd have him back tomorrow, shame he's gone to Town. Coyle made Rooney look so good at times and it was nice to have a scrumhalf who tackled after 10 years of halfbacks who wouldn't". The writer gives his name as P. Acky, so it might be Phil Atkinson, Barrow assistant coach, I don't know, but it's quite a glowing reference for the lad.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users