Photo
- - - - -

When are the fans going to take responsibility?

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#1 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

We always see the RFL, super league and clubs get the blame, when are the fans going to take a share of blame?

You know the ones who say they want the club run responsibly but who boo the team off when they lose, demanding better players. The ones who say they want a team full of home town players playing for pride in the badge, who then boo them off when they lose. The ones who say we shouldn't sign mercenary players but who demand their signing half way through a bad season. The ones who wont go to England Vs Aus because we will lose but wont go to England Vs. France because we will win.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#2 MrPosh

MrPosh
  • Coach
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Tomorrow.
People called Romans they go the house

#3 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:16 PM

Take responsibilty for what?

#4 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:28 PM

Take responsibilty for what?

For all these problems in the game.
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#5 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,366 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

Tomorrow.

Don't you mean Yesterday? Everything was 5hit hot then. Every game was a sell out broadcast live on BBC1. And we beat the Aussies with players like Schofield & Hanley, who were more famous than The Beatles.
ASK ANYONE :)

#6 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,629 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:51 AM

players like Schofield & Hanley, who were more famous than The Beatles.

Pah! Now, Gowers, Buckley and Stopford they WERE players in a Swinton team packed with er...three Internationals. And they really were more famous than the Beatles who had only just been knitted from scraps of wool at than time....

#7 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 10,036 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

What an unusual thread.
Posted Image

#8 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,510 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:29 AM

We always see the RFL, super league and clubs get the blame, when are the fans going to take a share of blame?

7,000 of them walking away from Bradford didn't help the Bradford club, so that's an example of what your talking about?

#9 getdownmonkeyman

getdownmonkeyman
  • Coach
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

What an unusual thread.

I think it is bob-on. By and large the 'supporters' of the game do nothing but denigrate the efforts of all those involved in organising the game as a whole. For example; how many people thought the Stobart deal was innovative and unique and trumpeted the deal, as opposed to those who stuck to the mantra 'where is the money'?

#10 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,950 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

We won't, the game throws up to many other scape goats so we'll never get around to shouldering our proportion of blame for any of the games failings!

We're a cheap sport to follow, traveling distances on the whole are short, to both regular season away matches and show case events, yet it always seems like hard work mobilising the faithful to turn out for anything that requires dipping the hand in there pockets above and beyond the club season ticket.

Can't help but think sports with clubs in similar parts of the country, presumably with similar demographics for whatever reason seem to be able to generate more "support" from there fan-base.

#11 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

For all these problems in the game.

Of course the fans are to blame. I mean they make all the stupid decisions don't they :rolleyes:

#12 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

We're the customer.

#13 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 3,125 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Bradford and Salford going bust as nothing to do with the fans it's not their fault their BOD spent silly money on x amount of players. That's down to bad management. No relegation as nothing to do with the fans. Doing away with the under 23s as nothing to do with the fans. There is a lot more too. This thread should of been started by someone at the RFL because its too daft to laugh at.

Edited by thundergaz, 16 December 2012 - 12:21 PM.

#14 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,732 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Bradford and Salford going bust as nothing to do with the fans it's not their fault their BOD spent silly money on x amount of players. That's down to bad management. No relegation as nothing to do with the fans. Doing away with the under 23s as nothing to do with the fans. There is a lot more too. This thread should of been started by someone at the RFL because its too daft to laugh at.

I agree to an extent, but then you could argue that if fans put their money where their mouth is at things like Internationals, Magic Weekend, Semi Finals, Finals etc. then the game would have more funds available to be able to not necessarily have to make too many decisions driven by cost-cutting.

The RFU get a hell of a lot of money from their internationals, when they get full houses for games against the likes of Fiji. They will have had millions of pounds worth of income for that game, whereas the RFL staging that game (which would have been a better standard IMHO) would have probably seen the RFL lose a fortune.

#15 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,366 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

Of course the fans are to blame. I mean they make all the stupid decisions don't they :rolleyes:

The 'fan's make lots of stupid decisions.

Like not attending games because its too expensive/too cheap/we'll definitely win/we'll definitely lose/its the cats birthday/I have the right not to attend/I hate the RFL but they were ok in the past.

Yada yada....

Then come on the internet to blame everyone else for their own apathy.

#16 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,510 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:54 PM

Bradford and salford going bust as nothing to do with the fans it's not their fault their BOD spent silly money on x amount of players.

7,000 fans decided to stop going when Bradford stopped wining what should the club have done spent even less on players so the rest could dissappear.

10,000 Salford fans waved goodbye to the old ground 7,000 of them probably never went near the new ground.

#17 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,575 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

The OP is right. I once booed our international side (in my living room watching telly) when we were taking another towelling off the aussies. So the RFL scrapped GB. It's my fault.

#18 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,980 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

When will those who moan about other people moaning stop moaning about them on here? ;)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#19 matt newsholme

matt newsholme
  • Coach
  • 915 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

7,000 fans decided to stop going when Bradford stopped wining what should the club have done spent even less on players so the rest could dissappear.

10,000 Salford fans waved goodbye to the old ground 7,000 of them probably never went near the new ground.

Where have you got the 7k figure from? At peak of bullmania we were averaging 14.5k. Our lowest average was 2010 when we dipped below 9k, but we're now back up in 11-12k area. Can think of only one game where we dropped down to around 6.5k at height of the poor run under McNamara that would fit your 7k claim but that was a single game 3 yrs ago.

#20 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

The 'fan's make lots of stupid decisions.

Like not attending games because its too expensive/too cheap/we'll definitely win/we'll definitely lose/its the cats birthday/I have the right not to attend/I hate the RFL but they were ok in the past.

Yada yada....

Then come on the internet to blame everyone else for their own apathy.

Fans have a choice. No one should feel compiled to go to a game.

If the product is good enough people will go. Making sure its good enough is down to the decision makers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users