Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

On TV now....The Dying Game

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,311 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

The Superleague Show. BBC 1 . Dying game my ######! Superleague is great!
.right, its finished now, What a great reminder of how far our game has come in the last 15 to 20 years. Since Sky came along, the BBC seems to have responded by improving the presentation of our game, too.

Edited by JohnM, 16 December 2012 - 03:23 PM.

#2 Methven Hornet

Methven Hornet
  • Coach
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Shouldn't that be the Stupid Greed Show? Or something... :lol:
"There are now more pandas in Scotland than Tory MPs."

#3 Cumbrian Fanatic

Cumbrian Fanatic
  • Coach
  • 608 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:30 PM

Enjoyed the programme, Tanya Arnold interviews the players and coaches well and it was good to see opposition players talking about Sinfield and Tomkins
100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

#4 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,607 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:32 PM

.right, its finished now, What a great reminder of how far our game has come in the last 15 to 20 years. Since Sky came along, the BBC seems to have responded by improving the presentation of our game, too.

But mostly insolvent. They need to get a handle on expenditures or they will lose much of what they have gained, which would be a tradgedy.

#5 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 4,020 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

But mostly insolvent. They need to get a handle on expenditures or they will lose much of what they have gained, which would be a tradgedy.

Shhhhhssssssss for crying out loud spot talking about the real state of the game.

You know how that goes down in the world of SL.

#6 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,311 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

An attorney arrived home late, after a very tough day trying to get a stay of execution for a client who was due to be hanged for murder at midnight. His last minute plea for clemency to the governor had failed and he was feeling worn out and depressed.

As soon as he walked through the door at home, his wife started on him about, 'What time of night to be getting home is this? Where have you been?'

'Dinner is cold and I'm not reheating it'. And on and on and on.

Too shattered to play his usual role in this familiar ritual, he went and poured himself a shot of whiskey and headed off for a long hot soak in the bathtub, pursued by the predictable sarcastic remarks as he dragged himself up the stairs.

While he was in the bath, the phone rang. The wife answered and was told that her husband's client, James Wright, had been granted a stay of execution after all. Wright would not be hanged tonight.

Finally realizing what a terrible day he must have had, she decided to go upstairs and give him the good news. As she opened the bathroom door, she was greeted by the sight of her husband, bent over naked, drying his legs and feet.

'They're not hanging Wright tonight,' she said.

To which he whirled around and screamed, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WOMAN, DON'T YOU EVER STOP?

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

How far a few have come in the last 15 to 20 years, what we really need to spread the game is more TV coverage on all channels, If we can give away our main sponsorship away for 30 trailers, I'd give some TV coverage away as well and It doesn't have to Super League.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#8 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,311 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 05:36 PM

http://www.mikehardi...y-cheeked-girls

#9 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,222 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

might have to try and catch this on iplayer.. if its on there..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#10 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:41 PM

Talking to someone from Stobarts yesterday afternoon - his opinion was that whoever at the RFL that negotiated the deal with Stobarts should have been sacked. It was great for Stobarts, ###### for RL.

Edited by shaun mc, 16 December 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#11 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,311 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:30 PM

Why was it great for Stobarts?

#12 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

Who did get the better deal between the RFL & Stobart

#13 brooza

brooza
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:41 PM

And why was it #### for RL?

Interestingly, I saw another 3 lorries last weekend and another driving around Hatfield in the week. Got the whole set now
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#14 brooza

brooza
  • 4,420 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Due to their sponsorship of RL, I have now discovered this company that I had never heard of before and taken out a haulage contract with them...
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#15 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

Talking to someone from Stobarts yesterday afternoon - his opinion was that whoever at the RFL that negotiated the deal with Stobarts should have been sacked. It was great for Stobarts, ###### for RL.

He moved on and probably kept potential sponsors for his first love.

#16 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,808 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

And why was it #### for RL?

Interestingly, I saw another 3 lorries last weekend and another driving around Hatfield in the week. Got the whole set now

Stocking up with frozen goods for xmas

#17 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:20 PM

The account manager from Stobarts thought that his company got more out of the deal. His point of view of course, but he didn't think that rugby got the same promotion. He's a Man City fan but also likes his rugby (his missus is a Cas Tigers fan) so he's not biased or anti-RL.

Incidentally, I followed a Stobarts/RL lorry the other day on the M6. A far different experience than zooming past one going the opposite way, as you can appreciate that the lorry is advertising RL. But how many of us follow a vehicle?

#18 HappyDave

HappyDave
  • Coach
  • 3,236 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

[Bloody funny joke]

Superb!! :lol:
"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

#19 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,103 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:17 PM

Due to their sponsorship of RL, I have now discovered this company that I had never heard of before and taken out a haulage contract with them...

Same here. Now the previously unknown Stobarts are rolling in it - and its all at RL's expense.

#20 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,330 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:19 PM

I agree 100%. but once the current review does this, will you and your camp follower GW be satisfied enough to chill out?

Edited by The Parksider, 16 December 2012 - 09:19 PM.