• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 TOWN TILL I DIE

TOWN TILL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 550 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

http://www.workingtoncomets.co/news/article.asp?id=100012

Workington Speedway and Workington Town are proud to announce the Comets Companion ticket

The ticket will allow entry into both the speedway meeting and the Rugby match when the meetings are held over the same weekend period.

Both clubs decided to work together to ensure that if there are fans out there who would like to watch both sports in the town then we would make it as easy as possible to do so. After several meetings both clubs agreed to offer the Duo Ticket for £20 a saving of £8 on the total cost if you bought both tickets separately. We are hoping this will make you not have to choose between the two sports but enjoy both in a bumper weekend. You will be able to go to the Rugby for £7 if you were going to speedway or go to speedway for £4 if you were going to Rugby!

Initially on a trial basis to monitor take up the tickets will be sold through the Workington Comets online ticket office for the week before the fixtures.

Watch for further announcements and details of which match weekends these tickets will apply when the Speedway fixtures are released in February

Great news that new Comets owner is working with the Town to reward the fans of both should be alot take it up

Edited by TOWN TILL I DIE, 17 December 2012 - 02:30 PM.

#2 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

very good idea.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#3 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 994 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Well done everyone concerned :)

#4 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Well done to all concerned a very astute idea.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#5 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 05:13 PM

Well done to all concerned a very astute idea.
COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:03 PM

A very good initiative and probably something that should have come about many years ago for the benefit of both sports. Well done to those concerned.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

great idea, if reds seen sense and we had 1 stadium a triple ticket would be brill

#8 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

great idea, if reds seen sense and we had 1 stadium a triple ticket would be brill

Don't want to get into the stadium debate again, the joint stadium was for town and reds. Speedway were not included.

#9 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,976 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:45 PM

Back in the 70's it was not unusual to go to the speedway on Friday evenings, the Reds on Saturday afternoon and then to a Town match on Sunday afternoon. I doubt very much that anyone could afford to do that nowadays but it's nice to see the organisations working together for everyone's benefit.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#10 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:49 PM

Don't want to get into the stadium debate again, the joint stadium was for town and reds. Speedway were not included.

But you have made a point to get into it Rockerlad?!
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#11 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:09 PM

Also a great deal and hope it works out

#12 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:50 AM

Should be a good game at BP on saturday, league leaders Chester against a resurgent Red's. I made a vow never to step foot in BP again , so I might watch it from the new Northside bridge, the view from there is great ! If you see me standing there Rockerlad, maybe you could bring me a Bovril out of the shankly bar if it's a bit nippy B) Good luck to the Red's

#13 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:03 AM

Will throw you a pint over the wall

#14 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:30 AM

Back in the 70's it was not unusual to go to the speedway on Friday evenings, the Reds on Saturday afternoon and then to a Town match on Sunday afternoon. I doubt very much that anyone could afford to do that nowadays but it's nice to see the organisations working together for everyone's benefit.

Not only that makes good business sense working together rather than Denham's petulant approach of using the press to air his childish tantrums to try and get his way

#15 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:32 AM

Will throw you a pint over the wall

Cheers, I'll put my wet gear on B)

#16 unicorn106

unicorn106
  • Coach
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

Gutted the game was called off yesterday. I thought there was somrthing amiss at the lack of peoplle, as I was on my way to northside bridge with my fold away chair and flask of Bovril. I bet the Chester fans were seething, they won't want to come back up here mid-week.

#17 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 598 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:57 PM

Feel for them. Walshie said on the radio that the game was called off at the request of the Chester manager & that edmo had concerns as well.
Feel for their fans tho

#18 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 845 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I would like to wish all town FANS and the PLAYERS and the BOD a MERRY CHRISTMAS and a VERY VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR. UP THE TOWN

#19 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 879 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

some sort of season ticket would be a good idea to students at lakes college. I know there is a good few students who would love to attend the matches home and away

#20 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 696 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Merry christmas everyone! UpTheTown!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users