Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RFL RECEIVE £17.5 MILLION FROM SPORT ENGLAND

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 robmac

robmac
  • Coach
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

I wonder how they waste this money ?

http://www.superleag...rt-england.html

#2 Baaarrow

Baaarrow
  • Coach
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

It's £10m down on last time !

Posted Image

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:03 PM

It's £12 million down on last time. The money gets used to provide development officers in many areas of the country. The money is "earned" by the number of adults playing the game once per week and the numbers have apparently dropped from 82,000 down to 44,000 that's why the money has gone down and some development officer jobs cut.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

It's £12 million down on last time. The money gets used to provide development officers in many areas of the country. The money is "earned" by the number of adults playing the game once per week and the numbers have apparently dropped from 82,000 down to 44,000 that's why the money has gone down and some development officer jobs cut.

thats a massive drop in playing numbers I would have expected a huge number of clubs dropping out of leagues with a fall of 38000

#5 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

So where is the drop coming from. Is it schools to blame by not promoting more??
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#6 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

thats a massive drop in playing numbers I would have expected a huge number of clubs dropping out of leagues with a fall of 38000

The numbers are for all forms of rugby league like tag, over 35's, womens, etc, as well as the 13 a side game and leagues.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#7 Jonty

Jonty
  • Coach
  • 3,033 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:42 PM

The numbers are based on the results of the "Active People Survey", which calculates participation based on a sample questionnaire of the public. It works better for some sports than others, particularly those with an even geographical spread - given that fact, general consensus is that it isn't a very good indicator of real participation in rugby league. Nevertheless, it is the measure that is used. "Real" participation in rugby league seems to be up, and the shift in funding to 14-25 yr olds, rather than 16+ will have benefits, I'm sure.

Rugby league's drop is comparable to that experienced by RU and cricket. £4.25m pa is still a pretty good result considering.

Robmac - I think Marsh Hornets have experienced first hand the benefits to "how they waste this money" over the past four years of funding.

Edited by Jonty, 17 December 2012 - 09:42 PM.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.

#8 K.B

K.B
  • Players
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:20 PM

I think a perceived drop may have come from a mistake in the survey, there was talk that the makers of the survey realised a lot of people who answered that they played rugby union in a 'league' were put down as playing rugby league. This was noticed when large numbers were recorded for large ru counties with no/ little rl clubs. That being said - it's still a great deal of money when compared to ru as they only got £20m