Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Question

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:36 PM

Premiere sports Rugby league subscription, his the £10 pound donation to barrow raiders a one of payment or is it an annual payment

#2 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

Premiere sports Rugby league subscription, his the £10 pound donation to barrow raiders a one of payment or is it an annual payment

I am not certain Bob but I'd say it was a one-off. Mine will fall due soon but I haven't had any reminders yet from Premier regarding payment.
Incidentally, off the top of my head I think we received about £80 last season as our cut from the £10 donations!!!

Posted Image

#3 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:42 AM

Is that it Keith? I take it that we don't get the full £10 as I know more than 8 people who subscribed including myself and put down the raiders.

#4 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:38 AM

Is that it Keith? I take it that we don't get the full £10 as I know more than 8 people who subscribed including myself and put down the raiders.

I am really not sure just exactly how much it was BM but it really was a paltry figure and I am not too far of the mark with my "guess". I'll obtain the exact figure today if I can. The trouble is that lots of people say they have done it but clearly the reality is that they either didn't or they didn't do it correctly. I know I did it and, like you, plenty of others told me they also did it but the bottom line was the interest was very low so far as Raiders fans were concerned. So far as I am aware the club got the promised £10 for every new subscriber who designated us as the recipient.
Personally i thought it was great value for money and I liked the coverage from PS. I will be renewing mine for sure even if they don't get the Aussie matches this year (which i think is still not determined).

Posted Image

#5 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

might get it myself this year. to be honest championship had little interest to me last year but it a different ball game, pardon the pun, this year..lol

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#6 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,172 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:09 AM

if it was available on freeview i would consider it but with it being through sky I refuse to line the pocket of that Aussie cnut who ultimately owns it

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#7 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

It's a great channel and the NRL coverage last year was class. The build up to championship games was also good plus the oval sport.

#8 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

im convince BM...will be ordered when i get home in january.. ;) :)

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#9 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

im convince BM...will be ordered when i get home in january.. ;) :)

Having spent six months laid up with my bad back last year it was tremendous value for me LOL. I think I watched every match they put out :)

Posted Image

#10 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:50 PM

That amounts to 8 people who took the offer up which was very poor as thought it was a brilliant offer
well if there is no donation this year i might as well cancel mine and watch it at the raiders bar and put some
money in there coffers,Thank,s Keith

#11 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 884 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

Good idea Bob. We might get a bit more interest this year seen as we are in the CHAMPIONSHIP.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#12 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:50 PM

Hope so mate the club need every penny they can raise this year

#13 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

That amounts to 8 people who took the offer up which was very poor as thought it was a brilliant offer
well if there is no donation this year i might as well cancel mine and watch it at the raiders bar and put some
money in there coffers,Thank,s Keith

I subscribed and named barrow rl too 8 seems wrong to me

#14 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:17 AM

Same here! I smell a rat.

#15 southsider

southsider
  • Coach
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

I subscribed and named barrow rl too 8 seems wrong to me

Same here Ged,somethings not right. How about a head count on here ?

#16 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Same here! I smell a rat.

I totally smell a rat too. I know for a fact more than 8 people including myself did this.

#17 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,260 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:29 PM

The thing is, how many people signed up and made the full payment for the 12 months subscription and how many never read it properly (like me) and just subscribed to it and had it taken from my bank monthly??

#18 the man

the man
  • Coach
  • 639 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:13 PM

I did it too, named Barrow and paid the full 12 months, 8 seems far too low

Posted Image

#19 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:13 PM

I did it too, named Barrow and paid the full 12 months, 8 seems far too low

Apologies but I have checked now and others seem to think we got around £200. So we had a total of 20 subscribing against our name. It still seems low to me and something I remember commenting on at the time we received payment.

Posted Image

#20 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 972 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Apologies but I have checked now and others seem to think we got around £200. So we had a total of 20 subscribing against our name. It still seems low to me and something I remember commenting on at the time we received payment.

on the plus side Iv just watched barrow v donny grand final followed by aussie grand final tonight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users