League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

my position on the goings on at Salford.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 923 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

We must have already committed to LSV for the next season at least so it is irrelevant. The Pinks will either sink or swim, it's no matter to me. We need to do what's best for Swinton and leave them to their fate........but then........what would happen if we did get our new ground up and running for next season and they came to us with their caps in hand wanting somewhere to survive in the Championship (1)?
Wouldn't THAT be a doozie?

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#22 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Following the Bradford fiasco and subsequent bail-out, together with reported financial issues at other SL clubs as well as Salford, what we're seeing is something symptomatic of deep seated issues in Rugby League in general.

Sky continue to pedal the lie that everything is rosy in the SL garden when it's not. It's a stagnant competition which has marginalised most non-SL clubs and their fans. And the other platitude that SL would bring us nearer to the Aussies on the international stage has also been cruelly exposed time after time.

It's not Salford I worry about, it's the state of the game. The whole structure needs a radical re-think.

I appreciate that some clubs such as Warrington have done a brilliant job at getting their own house in order, but they're few in number and you do wonder about what's going on elsewhere. And outside SL, what the hell are we playing towards?

For a start, a vibrant competion needs promotion & relegation, albeit with minimum standards. But that's just the tip of the iceberg,

#23 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,722 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Following the Bradford fiasco and subsequent bail-out, together with reported financial issues at other SL clubs as well as Salford, what we're seeing is something symptomatic of deep seated issues in Rugby League in general.

Sky continue to pedal the lie that everything is rosy in the SL garden when it's not. It's a stagnant competition which has marginalised most non-SL clubs and their fans. And the other platitude that SL would bring us nearer to the Aussies on the international stage has also been cruelly exposed time after time.

It's not Salford I worry about, it's the state of the game. The whole structure needs a radical re-think.

I appreciate that some clubs such as Warrington have done a brilliant job at getting their own house in order, but they're few in number and you do wonder about what's going on elsewhere. And outside SL, what the hell are we playing towards?

For a start, a vibrant competion needs promotion & relegation, albeit with minimum standards. But that's just the tip of the iceberg,

An excellent posting Steve. It's people like you who should be guiding, if not running, the game today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users