RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE (ISSUE 397 - MAY 2014): Available to download now. Get the app from Apple Newsstand or GooglePlay, or click here to read it online now at Pocketmags.com - Print edition in shops from Friday, or click here to get it delivered by post in the UK or worldwide.

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

AGM

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#1 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:16 PM

I notice the AGM is set for the lisdonie des anyone know how many the lisdonie will hold ?

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#2 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Enough if the last is anything to go by.

#3 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 832 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:09 PM

des anyone know how many the lisdonie will hold ? Des/does . Dilliberate or mistake????
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#4 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

nice faux pas there Neil :lol:

Des will be there with his false beard and syrup...trouble is he will give himself away arriving in his Aston :D

Edited by morty, 18 December 2012 - 08:48 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#5 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,435 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:06 PM

If as many turn up as at Forum a year ago I can't see the Lisdoonie being big enough but I don't think there will be as many. I just hope more turn up than has done in past years.

Posted Image

#6 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

des anyone know how many the lisdonie will hold ? Des/does . Dilliberate or mistake????

Defenently ment to say Does lol

#7 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

If as many turn up as at Forum a year ago I can't see the Lisdoonie being big enough but I don't think there will be as many. I just hope more turn up than has done in past years.

That was my thoughts Michael. Last year people new the importance of the AGM but i am unsure if people will be as concerned about it. Trouble is if the same numbers do turn up as last year then the meeting may get called off

#8 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:31 PM

There is absolutely no way on god's earth that the capacity of the Lisdoonie will be challenged by the attendance at either the STH meeting or the AGM.
Anybody with even a scant knowledge of the historic attendances at such meetings will know that they are traditionally very poorly attended.
I can go back over 30 or 40 years of such events and only at times of perceived crisis do the members/supporters turn out in large numbers.
I would say I can only remember maybe three or four times in that period that any meeting concerning the club (including EGMs) has exceeded more than 100 attendees.
In fact I would go so far as to say that the forthcoming meetings could easily be accommodated in the Raiders Bar.

Posted Image

#9 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

sorry i wont be there but good luck to you and i really hope all goes well...

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#10 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,054 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

being in the week I cannot make it either

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#11 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

Ill be there.

#12 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

There is absolutely no way on god's earth that the capacity of the Lisdoonie will be challenged by the attendance at either the STH meeting or the AGM.
Anybody with even a scant knowledge of the historic attendances at such meetings will know that they are traditionally very poorly attended.
I can go back over 30 or 40 years of such events and only at times of perceived crisis do the members/supporters turn out in large numbers.
I would say I can only remember maybe three or four times in that period that any meeting concerning the club (including EGMs) has exceeded more than 100 attendees.
In fact I would go so far as to say that the forthcoming meetings could easily be accommodated in the Raiders Bar.

Thanks for clearing that one up keith. As you know me well enough by now I like to play devils advocate and think ahead of possible problems.

#13 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Thanks for clearing that one up keith. As you know me well enough by now I like to play devils advocate and think ahead of possible problems.

We will be lucky if 30 attend I think Neil - I hope I am wrong because these meetings are important to the running of the club.

Posted Image

#14 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:16 AM

Who is standing as there have been no updates...is it just you and Phil so far?

Edited by soss, 19 December 2012 - 11:17 AM.

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#15 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:33 AM

Who is standing as there have been no updates...is it just you and Phil so far?

Yes Mike, myself and Phil are standing for re-election at the STH meeting as that one is straightforward. I am unsure of the situation regarding the AGM as yet because of the bag of frogs which is our A of A. Guidance is being sought on this one from cleverer people than me :)

Posted Image

#16 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Unless there has been people coming forward to stand I think the STH is a forgone conclusion that both Keith and Phill will be re elected. The AGM is a an issue due to the A & As as you rightly state Keith. One thing that will need to be adressed IMO is anyone voting by proxy can instruct someone to place there votes on for them but the person nominated by the debenture holder should be the one that turns up and places the votes and should not be passed to a third person.

Proxy Voting - Proxy Voters Only
If you have elected to vote by proxy and have chosen to instruct your proxy holder to vote in accordance with your wishes, you must complete a ballot paper and ensure that it is attached to your form of proxy when it is returned to the office.

#17 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Thanks Keith and good luck to you both I hope you are voted back in. Just wondered if anyone else was standing?

Edited by soss, 19 December 2012 - 12:12 PM.

#18 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:26 PM

When can we expect the revised a&a's to be available? I hope we as debenture holders get a reasonable amount time to look at them before the AGM, assuming they are going to be voted on.

#19 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

Can we have the date and time for the AGM on the web site ?

#20 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 832 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

Before we fork out for the Lisdoonie twice in one month. Can we not change the venue to the Raiders bar. We have plenty of chairs and room the could be set out as such. And the much needed revenue would be appreciated and needed.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users