Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

AGM

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#41 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

I must agree that Keith Holt and David Sharp answered all questions profesionaly even the ones that never got a clear answer, Dave you should be a polotician :D

It must have been very embarasing for Eric wood to be asked a question on Grants only to answer that he is NOT the Grants Director :wacko: ! Can the Web site be updated please as Eric has been advertised as the Grants Director for the past year ?

Can a member of the BoD confirm (when the BoD has discused the matter further) if an EGM is to be held over the Article of Association debate and the question on votes/debentures/rules

There will definitely be an EGM to discuss any changes to the Articles of Association. The BoD will (in conjuction with the club solitor) draw up a new draft of the A of A to bring them into modern times (they currently still mention Lacrosse and Lunatics - the latter possibly being still valid :)).
These proposed changes will have to be discussed at and EGM and then possibly amended again if valid points are raised at such a meeting before eventually being endorsed by the members.
The A of A can only be changed by the membership (debenture holders). that is for sure. The B of D can not do this autonimously (though there is some evidence to suggest this has been attempted in the past).

The revised articles will address all the issues raised last night and will (hopefully) make everything crystal clear going forward regarding all aspects of the Company.

Posted Image

#42 BarrowV

BarrowV
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:11 AM

bump

So what does Eric actually do? After all that is why Eric wanted on the BoD... Also who is the grants one?

#43 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

I was surprised last night that another director was voted on to replace me as i saw no announcements telling the general public that the offer of directorship was available! it was almost like he was co opted on. it seems we are just making up numbers to match the A of A's. it was interesting to hear that he was asked to help with fundraising so here I am..perhaps the BoD would have been better looking for someone who could bring more business experience and financial support to the club.
I have nothing against the guy..I don't really know him but perhaps he could have been an associated director and then we still had the option should another candidate come forward.
Just because the a&a's say 12 directors does not mean anyone assisting the club takes one of the directorships. Having said that I wish him all the best in his new position.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#44 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 532 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:42 PM

Who is the new director ?
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#45 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Maurice Evans but I don't think it has been technically ratified yet. I would think that is only a formality though.

Posted Image

#46 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Unbelievable really.. You go to an AGM without an agenda..then find out that some one has stood for election without the club advertising....perhaps before the vote is announced the club should think about how they are doing their business..if the guy is voted in without an opponent then fair enough..but lets not have people brought in by the board without a fair debate and vote..

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#47 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 315 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:17 AM

Good man is Maurice,he's been and done it before.

#48 Paul Ballantyne

Paul Ballantyne
  • Coach
  • 1,268 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

I totally agree Soss... I was as shocked as anybody and did not think it was right as last time round candidates gave a statement of what they can bring to the club so members could make a valid opinion on how to cast their vote.

Sorry but as soon as an interest was shown by 1 person it should have been made public and invites made to anyone else wishing to be more involved.

#49 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Sorry but as soon as an interest was shown by 1 person it should have been made public and invites made to anyone else wishing to be more involved.

spot on that mate

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#50 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

I'm a bit lost here. I thought an AGM was to go over the previous years accounts, what was coming up in the next year and for people to put themselves forward for the Board. If people wanted to know who had put themselves forward, I'm sure one of the directors would told you if asked. As for the fairness of it, there was a ballot paper there for everyone to sign. It was upto the debenture holders to vote either way. It seems whatever the club do, good or bad, some people still won't be happy.
As for Maurice, good luck to the gentleman. You've got my support
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#51 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

Any Director that puts him self forward and puts the work in for the good of the club has my support, however any one that comes to the board to wear a badge on game day and cannot/has not worked hard for the club should go. The hard workers on the board do not need numbers or opinionists on the board they need serious help. Only the BoD members will know who to keep and who to expel unless each Director stands up and lets the debenture holders know what they have done since coming to the Board.

Edited by D11, 26 January 2013 - 11:45 AM.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#52 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:51 AM

Didn't you have the chance to ask that the other night Neil. The matter does seem to be troubling you. And no I'm not having a go or starting an argument, it's just plain to see by what you write on here.

#53 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:12 PM

Maybe you didnt notice Gary but hardly any of my questions had a clear answer so pointless asking more and no im not having a go just stating my opinion in the democratic society we live in :D .

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#54 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

:D

#55 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

In fairness the current Board are trying to run thinks correctly and in accordance with the Memorandum and Articles.

In 2001 I was co-opted onto the Board as Finance Director by the Board at that time and looking at the Articles I should have been approved by the Debenture holders at the next AGM. I'm sure I wasn't and In addition as far as I'm aware every single director from then up to the 2011 AGM was not approved by the debenture holders.

It was reported at the AGM that the Articles are going to be completely re-written and so why not leave the current Board to try and run things correctly until such time as the Articles are re-written. I think there are far more important things to concern ourselves with at the moment but the ultimate responsibility falls on the Board.

I might mention that until last year there wasn't exactly a queue of people wanting to, join the Board.

Posted Image

#56 Deep

Deep
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

I do not know Mr Evans but he did not inspire me with confidence, when asked to address the floor he did not stand, therefore people in the room could not see him. His speech on the lines of I have been asked by a/the director(s) to come on board to help with the floodlight appeal so here I am that its.

He did not mention his business background and whether he had raised funds in the past for any organisation or what he could bring to the club by being a director.

You don't have to be a director to help with the floodlight appeal there are people out there volunteering perhaps if he wishes to help with the appeal he could join them I am sure he would be welcome.

If the Articles of Association (AoA) are to be reviewed with the suggestion that the number of directors be reduced perhaps it would be a good idea not to appoint any further directors until this is done, It is not a condition of the current AoA that there is twelve directors that is the maximum number allowed.

#57 scrumhalf

scrumhalf
  • Coach
  • 977 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I can't understand why people would knock somebody who has volunteered to assist the club, giving their time and effort to help the floodlight fund. what difference does it make whether he is voted onto the board or not.

#58 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Well said scrum half we need people like him

#59 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 888 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

I wish there was a like button. So for the future here it is. LIKE :)

#60 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:02 PM

I can't understand why people would knock somebody who has volunteered to assist the club, giving their time and effort to help the floodlight fund. what difference does it make whether he is voted onto the board or not.

Well said, anyone who knows Maurice will know he has Barrow at Heart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users