AGM

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#61 Bob247

Bob247
  • Coach
  • 147 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

He has volunteered to work for the club that will do for me welcome on board mate

#62 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

you are all jumping to his defence and thats fair enough..like i said in my earlier post i dont know the guy and wish him all the best.
the point im making is that the board wished to have 12 members again yet never told anyone that an election was to be held at the AGM. so we are left with no option but to vote him on. why was it not made common knowledge that they were looking for another director giving others the oportunity to stand who may have been able to contribute more.
im told he is a great guy but he didnt impress me when he was asked why he wanted to join the board and what he can bring.
Were we all supposed to know him already?????

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#63 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:05 PM

This is what surprises me. I'm sure you know what an AGM is about.
'why was it not made common knowledge that they were looking for another director giving others the oportunity to stand who may have been able to contribute more'
I actually think this statement is derogatory to the person. How do you know what he can bring to the board.
I may be wrong again, but if anyone wanted to stand, the AGM is the place to do it.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#64 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

we will never know if there is anyone else that could contribute more and i have no idea what he can bring to the table as all he said was i was asked to assist with the floodights so here i am.
its is NOT about him its about the board not allowing anyone else to stand. it was never announced that they were looking for another director nor did they invite people to offer their services. You all screamed about clarity and honesty a year ago so why was it not announced at least a month before the AGM.
I was not the onlyone shocked to see a ballat paper..

Question for you were you aware that the election was taking place at the AGM?

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#65 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

Yes I did know an election was taking place for the simple reason, I asked 1 of the Board if anyone was standing. I reiterate, people know what an AGM is about. If someone wants to stand for the board, that was the time to do it.
If you wanted to stand again, you would of done at the AGM, wouldn't you???

#66 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

livo..my point is it should be announced before hand or it smacks of being underhand..it should be clearly stated to all that a director is going to be elected (as it was with the season ticket holders) and invites to any interested party given. if it ends up with one candidate then thats fine but we will now never know if someone was interested in standing. Its not that it was held at the AGM its the FACT that it was never announced that the board were looking for another director.
We shouldnt have to go cap in hand to the directors for information they should be laying out the information infront of us..Honesty and clarity...thats what we wanted.

#67 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

thats the last on the subject from me as its done and dusted now..

#68 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:12 PM

You had the choice to voice your concerns at the AGM. You picked up all the peices of paper like I did. From what I can remember Maurice received a round of applause. What is wrong with having 12 on the board. 12 is better than 8 surely, and from what I heard the BOD are doing quite well.

#69 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Just typing mine out before you said that. Agreed, done and dusted

#70 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

lol right next subject..lmao

#71 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 881 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:29 PM

Lets go for Wine or Vodka. Advantages or disadvantages. ;)

#72 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:37 PM

wine is horible and vodka gets me pist..lol

#73 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

well I for one didnt know about another board member being voted on as I was away on thursday so I didnt get to vote....if I had have known I couldve voted by proxy surely and I will not be the only one ?

Who is Maurice Evans and what does he bring to the party ? Sorry but shouldve been done upfront and not underhand IMHO of course ?????????

Transparency.....hmmmmm I dont think so with this?

Lee

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#74 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:47 PM

If you's have all supported the club for so long you will surely all know Maurice.

#75 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,159 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

i went to my 1st match in 1971 and started going full time in 1978 and I do not know Maurice Evans so no mate i SURELY dont...sorry

Edited by morty, 26 January 2013 - 11:57 PM.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#76 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Well that does really surprise me.

#77 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

Just to make a point about knowing someone :) Eric Wood came to the co-opted BoD in October 2011. Eric was asked what he could bring to the BoD. Erics answer was clear and difinative that he had knowledge in finding and gaining grants. Eric was co-opted on for that reason. During my time on the co-opted BoD and as Cheif Financial Officer Eric found and gained no grants and im unaware of what he actualy did for the club. Afer I resined Eric was annonced on the Web site as Director of Grants and the title has remained on the Web site to this day. I looked into the grants for flood lights last year after discussions with Keith Nutter and it was agreed that I would find the information and documnents required and keith would put the documentation in for the grant.

At the AGM my question to Eric was clear and precise on what grants he had found/applied for and gained during the past 12 months, what I was not expecting was Eric to state clearly that he was not the grants Director :o

So you talk about what people bring to the BoD and how good a job they are doing when its quit clear that the organogram of the clubs Directors is incorect and may have been published originaly incorect.

Each meember needs a clear role in the organogram so if anyone outside the BoD can help and they know who to go to. Same for the RFL they need to know who is doing what.

Can anyone reply with what Eric has done since he came to the BoD and what he is doing now ?

Edited by D11, 27 January 2013 - 09:48 AM.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#78 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

By the way i do not have any grudges against any one person as it states on the bottom of all my posts we all make mistakes but the problem comes from people believing that everything is rosey when behind the scenes it can be caotic uncontrolled and running to the wall. Take 2009/10 and 11 for instance, even I thought things were going well untill information came out.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#79 HP Beans

HP Beans
  • Coach
  • 312 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:11 AM

You a very naive if you you thought that everything was rosy when a certain person was in charge,rumours were rife with what was happening way before the "bust".The truth is that the majority of people stuck their heads in the sand and enjoyed the ride!

#80 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,559 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Just as a point of interest Maurice was team manager during the early 2000s. It surprises me how many people do not know him. He was also heavily involved in obtaining sponsors and advertisers with Jos Kenley prior to 2007,I think.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users