League Express Digital-Only Easter Edition Out Now!

Rugby League World - April 2014
League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

AGM

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#101 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:44 AM

I dont think much more needs to be said on the matter other than what Position is Maurice going to take on the BoD, He did get my vote by the way

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#102 Deep

Deep
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:48 PM

I cannot understand what is happening here, if we have some directors that don't appear to have a full time roll why were they not asked to assist with the floodlight fund. Was it fully discused, agreed and minuited at a board meeting of the full board that they were so snowed under they needed another director to fulfill the roll the candidate states he was asked by the directors to fulfill, if so why did the directors just not co-opt him onto the board or announce that there was a vacancy for another director who would be elected on the night of the AGM notifying everyone of the deadline for applications.

If it was not discussed and approved by all, who was the director/directors who invited the candidate to join the board without their fellow directors being aware they had done so and did they have their own agenda.

atp appears still to be under the impression that Barrow RL Club have not had any new supporter in the last 10 - 15 years and everyone knew all about the candidate. What he has posted about the candidate seems impressive but this should have been stated at the meeting.

As stated before it is not compulsory to have twelve directors and as the candidate submitted his aplication within minutes of the deadline this gave the board no chance to notify the debenture holder that they had received a application.

I await the result of the ballot being officially published by the club and Mr Nutter's repley to all the quetions that have been asked.

#103 BarrowV

BarrowV
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:28 PM

why does the club need more directors when it apears that some directors dont have a job

lets have a statment from the chairman giving an account of each director and a full description of what they have and do for the club if this had been done before the agm then the debenture holders would have had a clearer picture of why they need to vote more directors on

if mr wood is not the grants director then what does he do

#104 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 833 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

It seems that Eric (for some unknown reason) is taking the slack here I know for sure that he is down the club most days. Why do people jump on the band wagon, when certain people say they know whats going on. These people had the the chance to ask the board what was happening last thursday. They decided not to ask, but still produce ###### on here. Instead of trying to scaremonger phone one of the directors and ask who does what. It seems to me tha BarrowV and Deep have been took in by it all. I just wish that they, aswell as everyone else would ask a director for the answers.
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#105 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 833 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

Again, no offence to BarrowV or Deep. :D
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#106 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

The only loser in this is Barrow Rugby League Club as far as I can see. I still don't beleave that any so called long term supporter has never heard of Maurice never mind come across him at CP as he won't mind me saying he is not exactly the shy retiring type.

1 Why are BRFL the loser here ?

2 Well believe (correct spelling) me sunshine I didnt know who he was ... so sorry to not be one of the in crowd who obviously knows him

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#107 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:12 AM

It seems that Eric (for some unknown reason) is taking the slack here I know for sure that he is down the club most days. Why do people jump on the band wagon, when certain people say they know whats going on. These people had the the chance to ask the board what was happening last thursday. They decided not to ask, but still produce ###### on here. Instead of trying to scaremonger phone one of the directors and ask who does what. It seems to me tha BarrowV and Deep have been took in by it all. I just wish that they, aswell as everyone else would ask a director for the answers.

On that note Gary, I did ask the Directors at the AGM and never got the answers :( surely as Eric clearly stated that he was NOT the Grants Director and no one stood up and said I am the Grants Director then we must presume that there is no Grants Director. Plus if people heard carefully Keith Nutter confirmed that I had in fact found and looked into and obtained all the relevent documentation on the Inspired Facility Grant last year during July/August (when not on the board). which goes to prove you dont need to be a Director to roll your sleaves up and help the club.

The Evening Mail said I put hard questions to the Board, well in my veiw they were not hard questions just the ones that I had concerns with and without clear answers I remain concerned ;)

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#108 Blue moon

Blue moon
  • Coach
  • 253 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

1 Why are BRFL the loser here ?

2 Well believe (correct spelling) me sunshine I didnt know who he was ... so sorry to not be one of the in crowd who obviously knows him

Don't be taking offence, I for one am very surprised the amount of people who don't know Maurice.

#109 BarrowV

BarrowV
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:30 AM

bump

Edited by BarrowV, 01 February 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#110 BarrowV

BarrowV
  • Coach
  • 115 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

why does the club need more directors when it apears that some directors dont have a job

lets have a statment from the chairman giving an account of each director and a full description of what they have and do for the club if this had been done before the agm then the debenture holders would have had a clearer picture of why they need to vote more directors on

bump

#111 Dave W

Dave W
  • Coach
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

The ideal place to ask these questions of board members would have been the AGM; An opportunity which has clearly been missed by some people who seem obsessed.

#112 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

well im at a stage where i just want it to work and keep the guys on the pitch. Come on Baaaaaarrrrroooowwww....

I think there has been enough said now and if the board want to reply then great if not we now have to trust them to get on with it.

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#113 Deep

Deep
  • Players
  • 24 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:12 PM

I am still awaiting for the board to officially publish the result of the ballot, percentage of the total number of votes cast would be acceptable to me.

#114 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

I dont think much more needs to be said on the matter other than what Position is Maurice going to take on the BoD, He did get my vote by the way

D11, are you using two accounts ? because you and BarrowV sometimes have the same IP address when you post (A moderator can see everyone's IP address)

#115 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

No offence DWB but as a trusted moderator is it for you give out personal information online or to look into IP addresses without an official complaint? I don't know who BarrowV is but we all know who D11 is!
I for one would be looking at the legality of your statement and the right you have to view people's IP address.
Correct me if I'm wrong but is this not confidential information?

Edited by soss, 01 February 2013 - 03:41 PM.

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#116 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

No offence DWB but as a trusted moderator is it for you give out personal information online or to look into IP addresses without an official complaint? I don't know who BarrowV is but we all know who D11 is!
I for one would be looking at the legality of your statement and the right you have to view people's IP address.

Where have i given out any personal information at
And yes. i've already raised it with site admin

#117 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE

If you attempt to use multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting the forum or annoying other users, use the personal details of another individual to register one or more accounts, or deliberately swap your username with someone else for the same purpose, your account may be disabled without warning

Thats why we can see user's IP address's

Edited by dwb, 01 February 2013 - 04:19 PM.
spelling

#118 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

The point is that your privileged to personal information and as such should not even hint that you have knowledge. For all I know you could be monitoring our Internet, selling our IP addresses anything like that. I know your not but since that statement I'm wondering why you are studying the IP addresses?

#119 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Just read it DWB that's fine if some one complains but does that give the right to announce it on here for all to see?
Will leave it at that but I would think about what you post in the future and maybe a simple PM to the person or persons involved would be sufficient.

#120 dwb

dwb
  • 1,391 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

The point is that your privileged to personal information and as such should not even hint that you have knowledge. For all I know you could be monitoring our Internet, selling our IP addresses anything like that. I know your not but since that statement I'm wondering why you are studying the IP addresses?

please read my last post, thats why

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users