Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

AGM

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#121 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I think we are posting simultaneously lol

The fox running with the hounds

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#122 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 868 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:03 PM

I think the question to Neil was called for. If someone was piggy backing off my IP address I'd want to know aswell
FACEBOOK PAGE: Barrow raiders Bar. Follow for promotions and up to date events.

#123 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:13 PM

What does Eric Wood do?
:lol:

#124 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Yeah so PM him don't post it..as for Eric's multiple personalities I'm not going to comment...only kidding Eric...lol

When you are in deep trouble, say nothing, and try to look as though you know what you're doing

#125 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:33 PM

Right I'm off to get some training in for Sunday...lol

#126 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 868 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

what. you only having 2 bottles tonight ;)

#127 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

Hey lets all not fall out over questions that me and others place on here :lol: Ip adress comes through my server and suppose DLL WNK is also me :lol:

If anyone considers that I need another account to ask questions on here then look at my posts :lol: If questions need asking then I will ask them wether its on here or at an AGM. and if the members of the BoD do not wish to answer them that is there decision.

Standing up and asking questions is what previously saved the club and one thing that im sure Soss will agree with is we both argued with each other when we were on the board until we were blue in the face but always came to a compromise.

Edited by D11, 01 February 2013 - 07:05 PM.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#128 rooster2003

rooster2003
  • Coach
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:22 PM

But what does Eric Wood do?

#129 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 868 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

Don't think anyone is falling out. I actually think DWB's question was of concern to you and not to ridicule. If your posting form work or from your home and someone has the same IP address, that is worrying.

#130 livo

livo
  • Coach
  • 868 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

Poor old Eric is taking some slack. If you go away on Sunday or if your at the home game next week, ask him. He's very approachable.

#131 fozzy3

fozzy3
  • Coach
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

lol i think someones been rumbled lol

#132 D11

D11
  • Coach
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:09 AM

Poor old Eric is taking some slack. If you go away on Sunday or if your at the home game next week, ask him. He's very approachable.

I take on board what you are saying Gary but just as another thought ! Brian has been working vigarously and daily down at the ground for many years and rarely missed a day. Why not make him a director ?

Directors are required to carry out a perticular role at the club and bring back reports to the Board at meetings on the progress on what there job role is. I have already stated that since I left the board as CFO I have helped out behind the scenes on serious matters. It sounds like Maurice as also been helping out with the fund raising behind the scenes without being a Director.

IMO bring in Directros if there is a required role to fill but before hand ensure all current directors have a position. :rolleyes:

Hopefully we will see the traveling suporters at the game tomorrow.

"we all make mistakes that's why they put rubbers on pencils"

#133 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

livo..my point is it should be announced before hand or it smacks of being underhand..it should be clearly stated to all that a director is going to be elected (as it was with the season ticket holders) and invites to any interested party given. if it ends up with one candidate then thats fine but we will now never know if someone was interested in standing. Its not that it was held at the AGM its the FACT that it was never announced that the board were looking for another director.
We shouldnt have to go cap in hand to the directors for information they should be laying out the information infront of us..Honesty and clarity...thats what we wanted.

I have carried out my investigation into the above allegation and am now in a position to confirm that the following advertisement appeared in the NWEM in December, 2012. This was posted in accordance with the club's Articles of Association under the direction of the club's Solicitor.

With regard to the voting and the way it was handled, again this was controlled by the club's Solicitor and all aspects of it were compliant with the club's Articles of Association.

The club can confirm that only one person took up the offer to stand for office.

The BoD at all times take advice from the club's Solicitor on such matters and are happy that the matter was dealt with properly in accordance with Company law.

The BoD was last night informed of the result of the ballot and Maurice Evans was on this occasion unsuccessful in his attempt to be elected to the BoD. The Board therefore remains as it was with eleven persons in office.

The club will be making no further statement on this matter nor answering any further questions via this forum relating to this matter.

Cheers,
Keith Nutter (Barrow Raiders Media & Communications Director).

PUBLIC NOTICE

Barrow Rugby Football Club Limited

NOTICE TO DEBENTURE HOLDERS

NOMINATION OF DIRECTORS BY DEBENTURE HOLDERS

Nominations are invited from Debenture Holders for Directors of Barrow Rugby League Football Club Limited. Forms of nomination are available from the Club Office at 78 Scott Street, Barrow in Furness. Completed nomination forms should be lodged with the Club Secretary at the same address no later than 12.00 noon on Friday 18th January 2013.

AGM for Debenture Holders only will be held on 24th January 2013 - 7.30pm at the Lisdoonie Hotel

Season Ticket Holders Meeting for Season Ticket Holders (being those individuals holding a valid, fully paid season ticket for the 2012 playing season) will be hold on 14th January 2013 - 7.30pm at the Lisdoonie Hotel.

BY ORDER

K S Heighton (Club Secretary)

Date to be date notice appears in Evening Mail

Edited by Keith Nutter, 02 February 2013 - 08:30 AM.

Posted Image

#134 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Missed that one keith..thanks for getting back to us with an answer.

#135 Keith Nutter

Keith Nutter
  • Coach
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

Missed that one keith..thanks for getting back to us with an answer.

No probs Mike - see you tomorrow no doubt.

Posted Image

#136 soss

soss
  • Coach
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:29 AM

Oh yes..I'm full of cold at the moment and it effected my legs and memory last night..but I should be okay for tomorrow..lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users