Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Calling the bluff can Hull FC cope on their own at KC Stadium

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Lets see how magnificent Adam Pearson is.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20773372

#2 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,088 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

Like to see him magic up a new 25-30k all seater stadium in 3 months, that would be impressive.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#3 my missus

my missus
  • Coach
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:19 PM

if i was a betting man i'd bet they don't get promoted.

What does it mean
This tearjerking scene
Beamed into my home
That it moves me so much
Why all the fuss
It's only two humans being.

#4 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,926 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:42 PM

Eh?

If this were to happen, and it's obviously not going to, the only organisation with any concern would be Hull City Council, who own the stadium.

Allam's been threatening this ever since throwing his toys out of the pram when the Council wouldn't sell him the stadium.

He had the Hull Daily Mail give him a front page publicity shot of him and his son out at Melton, west of Hull, holding some plans allegedly of a new stadium, Looked impressive until someone had a closer look at the plans and noticed they were the plans from when the KC was built.

Edited by Old Frightful, 18 December 2012 - 10:49 PM.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#5 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,810 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

Allam is a nut job. His plans for a sporting village must have been written on the back of a cig packet. He wanted a swimming pool (which he didn't realise how much would cost to run so scrapped it) and a ice arena (despite not realising Hull already had one so scrapped it). So basically he wants a few squash courts and a retail park.

He wanted the KC Stadium GIVEN to him for free in return for building this complex (which would result in also moving Hull Fair). It's just not going to happen. Neither is Melton.

If he wants the stadium, his best bet is to buy it off the council for a fair price, of which the council could use to build Hull a new stadium (if they have to move) and update Rovers' ground further. Everybody wins then.
Posted Image

#6 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/20773372

Why so bitter ? For some reason I get the feeling you don't like the bloke.

Edited by westhuller, 19 December 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#7 markleeds

markleeds
  • Coach
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Only in Rugby League would a fan take so much glee from this! It's as if some fans want to see clubs struggle!

#8 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:08 AM

I assume Hull City FC have a long term lease at the KC,so I don't imaging the Council are too bothered either - particularly as they are the Planning Authority.Rugby League fans see crisis when there isn't one,shock.

#9 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

Only in Rugby League would a fan take so much glee from this! It's as if some fans want to see clubs struggle!

People wonder why RL struggles to gain outside financial investment.

#10 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

Are people still buying this rubbish from Allam?

#11 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,810 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:25 PM

I know. This would never happen in other sports, like football...
Posted Image

#12 dhw

dhw
  • Coach
  • 666 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

I know. This would never happen in other sports, like football...

..... and much more venomous.

#13 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

Personally I'd love to see City vacate and leave the KC as an RL exclusive stadium either for both Rovers and FC or (further down the line maybe) a merged side. Of course either way the improvements to the MS3 then become a bit of a white elephant but it would stand the city in great stead for accommodating a Super League side AND a quality 2nd tier outfit, which might well be the way RL pans out in Hull in due course.

It's all a bit murky and messy but as RL fans I think we should all want the KC exclusively for our game and it's absolutely tailor made for high profile, high octane RL games drawing 20K fans. Let City attempt to fill a 40K stadium with their piddly little glass ceiling outfit if they see fit. Good luck to 'em.

#14 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

There is more to this the meets the eye.

See my post on the relationship between the 2 a few weeks ago when Allam went mental regarding what the previous Hull FC regime did with the rights to the lease when they sold the club.

CM

CM your reading into something that is not there.Mr Allam has no influence over the stadium owners whatsoever. If he moves city out of the KC it has no bearing on FC at all. See previous posts about similar headlines when the Council wouldn't sell him the stadium. I assume you don't live in Hull because if you did you would see the headline grabbing statement for what it is.

#15 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,139 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

As always Canetman knows the answer to a question which is not even there.No doubt he discussed it with someone incredibly important he happened to have dinner with,or possibly shared a yacht together.

#16 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,464 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

There is more to this the meets the eye.

See my post on the relationship between the 2 a few weeks ago when Allam went mental regarding what the previous Hull FC regime did with the rights to the lease when they sold the club.

CM

That must have been quite a short journey.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#17 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,526 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

CM your reading into something that is not there.Mr Allam has no influence over the stadium owners whatsoever. If he moves city out of the KC it has no bearing on FC at all. See previous posts about similar headlines when the Council wouldn't sell him the stadium. I assume you don't live in Hull because if you did you would see the headline grabbing statement for what it is.

If city move out, surely it'll have a massive effect on FC. Wouldn't the council need to put the rent up??

One club playing 15 games a season versus

At present 45 ish games a year are played at the KC !! The council would need other revenue streams

Otherwise god help your concil tax and FFS the away fans!!

#18 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,304 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

I wouldn't worry about it, it isn't ever going to happen.
Posted Image

#19 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

As i said way back have a dig you will be amazed what you find, AP sounds like a decent bloke Allam sounds like a egotistical fruit:)My take on it would be that there was something that went on to do with the stadium that had AP over a barrel with Allam and maybe a pay off had to be made.CM

Have you got the photograph?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#20 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,724 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:54 PM

Have you got the photograph?

I'd be very worried if he did! :(

:D
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users