Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Calling the bluff can Hull FC cope on their own at KC Stadium

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:59 PM

As i said way back have a dig you will be amazed what you find, AP sounds like a decent bloke Allam sounds like a egotistical fruit:)My take on it would be that there was something that went on to do with the stadium that had AP over a barrel with Allam and maybe a pay off had to be made.CM

All I will say is that Adam Pearson has been very active in trying to bring more supporters to watch Hull FC and Hull City average over 15,000. I could only begin imagine where AP would find a decent amount of supporters to approach to try and improve their attendances...

#22 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,233 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:15 PM

All I will say is that Adam Pearson has been very active in trying to bring more supporters to watch Hull FC and Hull City average over 15,000. I could only begin imagine where AP would find a decent amount of supporters to approach to try and improve their attendances...

Gateshead?
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#23 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:29 PM

All I will say is that Adam Pearson has been very active in trying to bring more supporters to watch Hull FC

Good. Isn't that what every owner should be doing?
Damned if you do, Damned if you don't .

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#24 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,682 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

Gateshead?

No, they don't have many. And besides, I would imagine they might not want to follow Hull after the fiasco in...

Oh shucks, I fell for it.

You really are a card.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#25 Jarv

Jarv
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Would be even more impressive if this proposed stadium gets past the East Riding council and the villagers whom I am sure would apprciate 20000 turning up to the village on a Saturday afternoon transport wise etc. Wonder how many City fans would fancy having to make there way out there after having a few prematch drinks. Never going to happen.

#26 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,230 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:20 PM

We all like Allam though don’t we, on account that he’s stubborn and nuts enough to maybe leave the KC wide open to RL?

I’m sure Pearson sees Hudgell as more of a possible future working partner than Allam and I’d be amazed if the 2 haven’t talked at length about sharing the KC and even - dare I say - a future joint Hull SL bid out of the KC. Both are astute businessmen who know the city well after all. I’d personally love to know their views on these 2 matters but RL dogma tends to dictate you don’t discuss them. Which is ultimately why NRL just signed an Aus $1 billion TV deal and we have our league advertised on a few motorway trucks.

#27 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,934 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:14 PM

We all like Allam though don’t we, on account that he’s stubborn and nuts enough to maybe leave the KC wide open to RL?

I’m sure Pearson sees Hudgell as more of a possible future working partner than Allam and I’d be amazed if the 2 haven’t talked at length about sharing the KC and even - dare I say - a future joint Hull SL bid out of the KC. Both are astute businessmen who know the city well after all. I’d personally love to know their views on these 2 matters but RL dogma tends to dictate you don’t discuss them. Which is ultimately why NRL just signed an Aus $1 billion TV deal and we have our league advertised on a few motorway trucks.

Don't you think the fact that we have the soccer behomoth in the UK might be a reason why we can't get NRL size or anywhere near NRL sized deals ?

#28 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,707 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

If city move out, surely it'll have a massive effect on FC. Wouldn't the council need to put the rent up??

One club playing 15 games a season versus

At present 45 ish games a year are played at the KC !! The council would need other revenue streams

Otherwise god help your concil tax and FFS the away fans!!

Run more concerts
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#29 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,682 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Run more concerts

Apparently, the KC lost money staging concerts, that's why we hardly see any held there these days.

On a different topic, I seem to remember reading that a former Hull City Chairman and Hull City AFC settled out of court over "financial irregularities" during his tenure.

Of course, I could be mistaken, I always admired him as a fine upstanding citizen and admirer of our great game of RL.

Edited by Old Frightful, 20 December 2012 - 08:43 PM.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#30 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,682 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

Sort of BINGO if you dig a little deeper i am certain you will find that there has also recently been an out of court settlement between AP and Allam CM

There has, however it wasn't Adam Pearson I was referring to, it was Paul Duffen.

#31 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,580 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

The KC isample for Hull city they will never be a Permanant prem club
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#32 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Sort of BINGO if you dig a little deeper i am certain you will find that there has also recently been an out of court settlement between AP and Allam CM

If I recall correctly, the out of court settlement was to prevent Adam Pearson from pursuing legal action following his removal without notice from his position with Hull City.

Unless you know of another settlement between the two parties.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#33 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,682 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

If I recall correctly, the out of court settlement was to prevent Adam Pearson from pursuing legal action following his removal without notice from his position with Hull City.

It was indeed.

#34 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,682 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

After last night's win at Derby, Hull City are looking good at 2nd in the Championship table.

Looks as though Mr Allam may well be involved in an episode of Call my bluff in the not too distant future.

As the Tigers' owner, I wonder what he's wishing for right now....

1. Hull City to narrowly miss out on promotion so he can continue his "If you don't sell/give me the KC i will be taking my team elsewhere when we get promoted" cloud cuckoo land ramblings or..

2. Hull City to gain promotion with his "Ok, so this is rather embarrassing, we'll stop here for the time being but we'll be moving somewhere else shortly, maybe" stuttering statement afterwards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users