Raging Storm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Melbourne Storm are not happy!
Their fixtures, following the World Club Challenge, as usual these days being held in England, are horrendous.
Looking at the WCC and the quick turn round expected following on from it has Craig Bellamy and his club "seething".

There's the threat of not playing the WCC fixture if the chance arises in future season and closer to the present resting some of their first choice players in the R2 game against Cowboys, or even the Grand Final rematch with Bulldogs.

The Storm travel to the bitter cold of the UK for the World Club Challenge against Leeds on February 22 and just three weeks later will be in the tropical heat of North Queensland against the Cowboys for round two. Five days later they have a Thursday night blockbuster against the Bulldogs.
"To me it is not giving consideration to a player's welfare," he told The Daily Telegraph.
Asked if he would consider withdrawing players, Bellamy didn't hesitate: "If I had to I would, without a doubt. I am not going to take any chances with my players' health.
"I can't believe they haven't taken our trip to Townsville into consideration."
The Storm also have four five-day turnarounds during the season, more than any other club.
The AFL has a policy where no out-of-Melbourne team has a less than six-day turnaround between games.

news.com.au

By the way some of us live in the 'bitter cold of the UK' - aren't we the tough ones! Having said that I suspect that Barney is hibernating in his cave for the winter wrapped in straw and fluff!

Edited by G Las D, 18 December 2012 - 10:08 PM.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

#2 brooza

brooza
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:34 AM

I thought the problem was more with the 5-day turnarounds than with the WCC.

They could always host the game themselves...
St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#3 G Las D

G Las D
  • 14,869 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:27 PM

I thought the problem was more with the 5-day turnarounds than with the WCC.

They could always host the game themselves...

Nobody down under seems to consider that option seriously.

ARLForumstrap2014_zps302d9d20.jpg   

*************** Disciple of Experience **************

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users