• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LineBall

LineBall
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

http://nrl.com/new-i...45/default.aspx

Don't know how this affects you chaps over in the UK. Sounds like it will be a lot easier to watch some NRL over there though.

#2 Jim from Oz

Jim from Oz
  • Coach
  • 848 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

This wording is ambiguous: "Guaranteed television coverage in key markets including the UK, USA, Asia, and Pacific."

Does that mean it includes continental Europe and Africa? Or not?

#3 Yakstorm

Yakstorm
  • Coach
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:15 AM

The most encouraging aspect of the new deal is in markets where a traditional Terrestrial Provider or an IPTV provider can be found, people will be able to watch the game on either YouTube or UStream for free. This actually gives the NRL a nice opportunity where they can attempt to source revenues from international markets where there is in fact someone willing to pay, such as UK, Asia, Middle East and Pacific, but in markets where there isn't the desire for Rugby League content, fans in those areas can still watch the games live.
Posted Image

#4 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:11 AM

does premier sports have the capability to broadcast HD??

maybe sky have the rights back.......or maybe the new BT sports channel thats starting next year??

Edited by roughyedspud, 20 December 2012 - 08:19 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#5 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:05 AM

Youtube and ustream can be great for the NRL.. i've been saying this for ages, the RFL should try and embrace these sites more fully. I think the union mob showed one of their games on youtube earlier in the year. Channel 4 have a channel on youtube, as does channel 5. Youtube also show films and documentaries in full on their channels. How good would a Channel dedicated to classic and archive RL games be?..

Great work by the NRL.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#6 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,733 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Youtube and ustream can be great for the NRL.. i've been saying this for ages, the RFL should try and embrace these sites more fully. I think the union mob showed one of their games on youtube earlier in the year. Channel 4 have a channel on youtube, as does channel 5. Youtube also show films and documentaries in full on their channels. How good would a Channel dedicated to classic and archive RL games be?..

Great work by the NRL.

The RFL do have good presence on YouTube nowadays, but yes a proper archive of their historic matches on their channel would be good.

#7 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,045 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

theres no commentary on highlights of games on superleaguetv on youtube though.....need to work on that..

Edited by roughyedspud, 20 December 2012 - 11:32 AM.

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#8 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,302 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

im guessing sky probably own the rights for digital platforms for use on SKY GO. The RFL probably have an agreement to only show the tries and not use any audio commentary.

Not sure who would own the rights to archive matches, probably a mixture of the RFL themselves, SKY and the BBC.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users