• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 usain bolt

usain bolt
  • Coach
  • 948 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

http://www.sthelenss...RLA_tour_squad/

the tour squad announced for next autumns tour to austailia. business end of season!

#2 mentor

mentor
  • Coach
  • 350 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

Best barla eligble full back in amateur rugby is Shaun Quinn surprising omission,and Ryan Rogers is an outstanding 6,
well done to all other lancs lads.

#3 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

Youd have to see Sam Forrester Mentor the kids a 19 year old freak of nature absolutely tremendous full back
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#4 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

I don't think Ryan Rodgers has ever played full back! He played with my brother as a junior and was always a half back and has been a half back throughout his time at Open Age. Absolutely gobsmacked that Shaun Quinn hasn't been included. I'm not sure why you'd only pick 3 centres in a squad of 28 either. That said there is a lot about BARLS that puzzles me!

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#5 Dwain Pipe

Dwain Pipe
  • Players
  • 48 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Im sure Shaun will be considered for the English Lions given his form.

#6 Cutsyke Raiders

Cutsyke Raiders
  • Coach
  • 435 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:34 PM

There's still a bit of politics to be played out on this one , i think.

You have to ask in what esteem they (BARLA) hold in their own competitions. There are only 3 players, out of 28, included from the 8 teams who were finalists in the National, Cumbria, Yorkshire & Lancashire cups...... :rolleyes:

And what about poor old Lancashire. They beat Yorkshire for the 1st time in years but only get 6 players in.
The Cumbria and Yorkshire management though manage to cram 22 players in..... :wacko: :rolleyes:

The NRL grand final will be nice though... :D

#7 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

You have to ask in what esteem they (BARLA) hold in their own competitions. There are only 3 players, out of 28, included from the 8 teams who were finalists in the National, Cumbria, Yorkshire & Lancashire cups...... :rolleyes:

And what about poor old Lancashire. They beat Yorkshire for the 1st time in years but only get 6 players in.
The Cumbria and Yorkshire management though manage to cram 22 players in..... :wacko: :rolleyes:

I have been thinking this quietly for some time now BARLA is classed as a tier4 member of the community game (I'd throw Romeo into the full-back mix against any of them as well)
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#8 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

Barla represents its memebership which spans both tiers 3 & 4!

#9 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:39 PM

Barla represents its memebership which spans both tiers 3 & 4!

Which tier 3 club plays in a BARLA competition?
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#10 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

I have been thinking this quietly for some time now BARLA is classed as a tier4 member of the community game (I'd throw Romeo into the full-back mix against any of them as well)

Romeos an ex professional though isnt he?
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#11 fatboystu

fatboystu
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Romeos an ex professional though isnt he?

yes, doncaster rovers?

#12 Wilber

Wilber
  • Coach
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:28 AM

Which tier 3 club plays in a BARLA competition?

No Tier 3 club play in a BARLA competition BARLA is made up of its member clubs, BARLA do not run leagues anymore although some leagues still run under the auspices of them. This is the mistake a lot of people, including some BARLA board of management, make all the time.

Classifing BARLA as a tier 4 member is inaccurate, BARLA is a memeber of the community board with a membership that spans both tier 3 & 4, Its place was awarded on that basis at its conception not that fact that it ran leagues

Edited by Wilber, 21 December 2012 - 12:29 AM.

#13 TaxiEgg

TaxiEgg
  • Coach
  • 2,808 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:47 AM

Get in there Wilber .

Thats the problem people confuse the Board with its membership .
Barla has a great tradition for its tours,but more often than not players get the nod on the basis of who is running the tour and not necessarily if they are the best players but that will never change .

Thats the one thing that bothers me about the Barla tours .

#14 LONGMAN

LONGMAN
  • Coach
  • 824 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

yes, doncaster rovers?

He may also have trouble with the Australian imigration process.

#15 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:49 AM

Get in there Wilber .

Thats the problem people confuse the Board with its membership .
Barla has a great tradition for its tours,but more often than not players get the nod on the basis of who is running the tour and not necessarily if they are the best players but that will never change .

Thats the one thing that bothers me about the Barla tours .

The emerging lions is selected with the best 7 players from each county and there is 1 coach from each county

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#16 SG6

SG6
  • Players
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Got to disagree with all the Shaun Quinn loving on here, Scott Caley is the best full back in amateur rugby league.

#17 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 349 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

Maybe if Lancs hadn't bottled going to Cumbria then they might have more players in

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#18 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 164 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Shaun quinn is good but certainly not the best full back in lancashire let alone the amatuer game.
At times he wants a ball of his own and can winge n moan like a two year old when things aint going his way.
Good yes the best - definately not in my opinion.

#19 mentor

mentor
  • Coach
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Got to disagree with all the Shaun Quinn loving on here, Scott Caley is the best full back in amateur rugby league.

I agree Scott is an outstanding player,but Correct me if wrong,but I dont think he is eligble to play rep for barla.

#20 mentor

mentor
  • Coach
  • 350 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:47 PM

Shaun quinn is good but certainly not the best full back in lancashire let alone the amatuer game.
At times he wants a ball of his own and can winge n moan like a two year old when things aint going his way.
Good yes the best - definately not in my opinion.

Please tell who you think the best barla full back is in lancs and why is he not in lancs squad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users