autumn tour 2012

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 orty

orty
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:46 PM

Got to agree with Mentor, Shaun Quinn is by far the best fullback in the N.C.L.and its a disgrace that he has not been selected.

#22 thestatman

thestatman
  • Coach
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:45 PM

"can winge n moan like a two year old when things aint going his way."

Would you care to back that statement up with an example please?

SINGING MY MUM'S A .......

Views are my own and not necessarily those of Thatto Heath Crusaders!!

#23 legend killer

legend killer
  • Coach
  • 112 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Scott cayley is eligible to play rep games, in my opinion he is the best full back in the amature game.

#24 del capo

del capo
  • Coach
  • 761 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:26 PM

This ' tour ' , as I understand it , has not yet been authorized.

There were no problems with it in principle subject to stringent criteria. Barla seemingly have ignored that aspect and pressed a button regardless.......

I suspect that may now trigger a formal complaint by the NCL to those who sanction overseas tours - the Community Board International Group ( CBIG ) The NCL calendar was screwed up enough last year by Internationals as it was - expect a head on collision if Barla don't fall back in to line....

If I were a player named I wouldn't be booking time off work just yet . Nor should Barla be ordering a kit , from whatever source is now in favour..........

#25 Guardsman

Guardsman
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

Got to agree with Mentor, Shaun Quinn is by far the best fullback in the N.C.L.and its a disgrace that he has not been selected.

Absolutely agree Shaun Quinn is right up there along with Gary McClelland from Hunslet Warriors.

#26 bang

bang
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:22 PM

just looked at the squad i think there is a lot of positions what could of been stronger not just full back

#27 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

There were no problems with it in principle subject to stringent criteria. Barla seemingly have ignored that aspect and pressed a button regardless.......

I suspect that may now trigger a formal complaint by the NCL to those who sanction overseas tours - the Community Board International Group ( CBIG ) The NCL calendar was screwed up enough last year by Internationals as it was - expect a head on collision if Barla don't fall back in to line....

If I were a player named I wouldn't be booking time off work just yet . Nor should Barla be ordering a kit , from whatever source is now in favour..........

Why shouldn't BARLA order a kit,I'm sure it could be filled with worhy tier4 players if the NCL players don't want to take up the offer.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#28 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

Who is on te CBIG committee

#29 Back In The Good Old Days

Back In The Good Old Days
  • Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Watched him several times this season and saw enough to make that statement.

#30 Back In The Good Old Days

• Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

Constantly badgering the referees in the games i saw him play in.

#31 Gonch

Gonch
  • Coach
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

Watched him several times this season and saw enough to make that statement.

Maybe he is the best FB in the NCL but young Forrester at Maryport doesn't play in the Ncl and he is a phenomenal player he is full back for the current county champions and I haven't seen many better he had a great game against the touring South Sydney side so he is in on merit so just because he doesn't play in the Ncl doesn't mean he shouldn't be selected

Edited by Gonch, 23 December 2012 - 08:47 PM.

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

"Imagination is more important than knowledge."

"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocrities. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence."

#32 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:08 PM

Maybe he is the best FB in the NCL but young Forrester at Maryport doesn't play in the Ncl and he is a phenomenal player he is full back for the current county champions and I haven't seen many better he had a great game against the touring South Sydney side so he is in on merit so just because he doesn't play in the Ncl doesn't mean he shouldn't be selected

Well said!

#33 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,783 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:38 PM

Some very good players knocking about in the regionals.

#34 orty

orty
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Constantly badgering the referees in the games i saw him play in.

You are making things up now to justify your argument,as for good players in the regionals yes I agree but they don't play with the intestity that Premier teams do week on week. Oh and don't forget he was nominated for Premier player of the year,I rest my case.

#35 Back In The Good Old Days

• Coach
  • 162 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

I am not making things up at all, just stating what i have seen when i have watched him play. Thats my opinion, and no doubt you have yours.

There are some very good players in the regional leagues with 2 quality full backs from the NWML premier division, not too sure of their names but the full backs from Bank Quay & Haydock just as good if not better than Shaun Quinn. Again this is my opinion.

I watched Shaun Quin several times last year and as i have stated earlier in the thread he is a good player but in my opinion he is not the best full back in lancashire. Against the touring Australian team at the sports village when he played for Lancashire he wanted a ball of his own, or perhaps he was just trying too hard to impress. Again this is my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users