• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:13 PM

Hi folks just to lét you know I have not been well this week,
In fact I have been hospitalised with copd. I have been put on steroids and I am hoping to go home tomorrow. As I am going to London for Xmas I will not be on here until the new year, so I want to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a happy new year .... Even Salford fans
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#2 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:26 PM

In fact I have been hospitalised with copd. I have been put on steroids and I am hoping to go home tomorrow. As I am going to London for Xmas I will not be on here until the new year, so I want to wish everybody a Merry Christmas and a happy new year .... Even Salford fans

Get well soon, mate. I'll have a happy New Year, come what may. Hope you do, too!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#3 Billypop

Billypop
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:40 PM

All the best, Bleep. Hope you have a good festive season

#4 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,822 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

Take care, get better and have a good festive holiday.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#5 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,273 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

All the best Bleep, hope you are feeling a lot better soon.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#6 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,822 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:49 PM

get well soon ,happy christmas
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#7 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,571 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Sorry to hear that. How old are you? My dad was diagnosed with that ten years ago and has done very well since then with treatment.

#8 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,557 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

I hadn't heard of COPD, but having looked it up, it sounds very unpleasant. Take it easy over Christmas.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#9 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Ha ha. They've let me out.

Sorry about the poor grammar, even for me, above, I was using the GF's phone which is a slide model, as I still can't logon using my iPhone.

After a week of no booze & healthy(ish) food - I ate mostly Salads - although the Fish pie* was the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted (and thats living in a fishing port, some of the restaurants & pubs around here do heavenly Pie), and the mince & pasta was fit only for the dog (if we had one), I am sitting here with a glass of Vino & Pizza is on it's way. You have no idea how much I wanted to order Pizza last night for delivery.

I have lost weight, by 3kg in a week.

They have diagnosed me with severe inflammation of the Bronchi, and put me on more steroids than Lance Armstrong, I have to go back in the new year to have a CT of my airway.

*My daughter will not even eat Fish Fingers, such is her aversion to fish, but when I cook Rick Steins Fish Pie she eats it nearly as quick as I do.

Edited by Bleep1673, 21 December 2012 - 07:26 PM.

Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#10 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

I hadn't heard of COPD, but having looked it up, it sounds very unpleasant. Take it easy over Christmas.

It was, & I will.

Thanks for your support, Merry Christmas.

#11 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:29 PM

Sorry about the poor grammar, even for me, above, I was using the GF's phone which is a slide model, as I still can't logon using my iPhone.

After a week of no booze & healthy(ish) food - I ate mostly Salads - although the Fish pie* was the most disgusting thing I have ever tasted (and thats living in a fishing port, some of the restaurants & pubs around here do heavenly Pie), and the mince & pasta was fit only for the dog (if we had one), I am sitting here with a glass of Vino & Pizza is on it's way. You have no idea how much I wanted to order Pizza last night for delivery.

They have diagnosed me with severe inflammation of the Bronchi, and put me on more steroids than Lance Armstrong, I have to go back in the new year to have a CT of my airway.

*My daughter will not even eat Fish Fingers, such is her aversion to fish, but when I cook Rick Steins Fish Pie she eats it nearly as quick as I do.

I thought you'd given up alcohol after it cost you your driving licence and NHS career.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#12 marklaspalmas

marklaspalmas
  • Coach
  • 11,571 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Mate, if you have COPD then it's not really a case of getting better, is it? The C is for chronic, so the condition of your lungs never improves, as is the case with my dad. It's a question of managing the condition as comfortably as possible. Im not sure what COPD has to do with alcohol or general diet. Smoking yes.

#13 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,150 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:10 PM

bloody hell mate
I hope you get sorted.

empathy
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#14 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,150 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:11 PM

I thought you'd given up alcohol after it cost you your driving licence and NHS career.

I've been critical of the eay he's carried on mate
but bloody hell.
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#15 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,375 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

Im not sure what COPD has to do with alcohol or general diet. Smoking yes.

I think there's a belief that liver disease might be a signifier of COPD in the future but that applies only to people who don't get either through 'lifestyle'. Alcohol and diet may make someone's COPD situation less comfortable and, as you say, it's a chronic condition so managing it is the 'cure'.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#16 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,088 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:20 AM

I've been critical of the eay he's carried on mate
but bloody hell.

If I've misunderstood then I will apologise but I'm certain he wrote that he'd given up alcohol a while back.

Untitled_zpsd0bda754.jpg

_60052630_bentham.jpg    "Forward pass, head and feed to New Zealand.....What's that Mr Sutton?, no we can't go to the f***ing video ref!"

#17 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

If I've misunderstood then I will apologise but I'm certain he wrote that he'd given up alcohol a while back.

Hi OF!

He probably did give up alcohol a while back.

I've given it up, too.

So many times I've lost count. ;)

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#18 Severus

Severus
  • Coach
  • 13,267 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hope you make a good recovery. And stay off the sauce.
Fides invicta triumphat

#19 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,333 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

I won't make the joke about giving up alcohol and it being the worst 60 minutes of my life then?

Edited by Johnoco, 22 December 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#20 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,640 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

Bleep, glad to know you're home for Christmas and that your condition is manageable.

Have a good Christmas and then stick to some serious New Year Resolutions.

You're a decent bloke, do the decent thing ... you've got to get your act together for the sake of your family.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users