1. Mr. Khan is running Bradford but seemingly not bankrolling them. The RFL were indirectly involved in saving the club by buying Odsal.
2. The RFL can't buy Barton, and besides SLE showed their cards offering to buy Bradford. No such offer for Salford. The big signal there has to be SLE maybe have no plans for salford being in SLE 2015 unless someone puts millions in.
There's time yet for the SLE to put a bid in, but if they want a 12 club SL with Toulouse in in why would they try to save Salford unless some multi-millionaire moved in??
Go back to when Salford got their license for SL. If Wilko and Clague had said then "BTW we won't be putting a penny in" would they have got that license?? If it only needs £600K to see Salford start the season why don't Wilko and Clague put that in themselves?? Why should the RFL or SLE do it???
3. Featherstone put the "fear of failure" up any team in the league??
I'm sure they don't especially Superleague. Their current side would be slaughtered by most SL teams, and once the players had the confidence knocked out of them that'd be that.
Why do you have this persistent idea that Featherstone are somehow a great Rugby League side full of super heroes. In recent years Sheffield, Halifax and Leigh have all been good semi pro sides too, Sheffield are probably the best of the four at the moment.
1. Which begs the question, who is bankrolling them ?
I don't think the RFL bought Odsal. They bought the lease to Odsal. Apparently one of the big expenses for Salford is the lease for Barton. The RFL could pay theeis lease fees or buy the lease from Peel Holdings or whomever like they did for Bradford at Odsal.
2. My original point exactly. If they can make an offer to but Bradford, the least they can do is the same if Salford ultimately go into administration and, to be fair, they may have plans to do just that. Time and future developments will tell.
This highlights the whole double headed monster of who controls the SL, the SL or the RFL. I don't know how it all happened that SL devolved from central control by the league and are now in control of the money from Sky and can determine the makeup and number of member clubs but it is a mess. They may have some secret, self serving agenda to jettison Salford and the Manchester market and abandon the whole area to soccer so that they can split the Sky pie inot bigger slices but, in my opinion, it would be a mistake. Maybe Wilkinson has had some inside information on this and that is why he is wirthdrawing his support for the Reds.
3. Featherstone are not a great side but neither are the bottom four in SL. I think Featherfstone and the other teams from CC that you list could regularly beat any of those bottom four.The severe beating Featherstone administered to Castleford and the narrow escapes in the last two seasons of London and Huddersfield at Batley, not even one of your preferred top CC teams, are testament to that.
Featherstone had Wigan distinctly rattled in that Challenge Cup tie and that was with their CC team, not one improved for competiton in SL. That was my point there.
A Featherstone or any other CC team allowed into SL if promotion was re instated do not need to win the league or even make the playoffs, they merely need to finish out of the bottom spot and so they only need to finish above any of the London, Widnes, Salford and Castleford quartet to survive. I think that is possible.