Rovers making headway

• Please log in to reply
625 replies to this topic

#361 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,313 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

Gaz it's been proven to be a myth that P & R brings in the crowds. there was a long debate on here with some excellent work done which league express borrowed??? to make an definitive article on.

Another assertion. Who's proved it?

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#362 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:52 PM

It was far better, they got six wins, and remain in Superleague and are building the team up that bit more. I bet they'll finish above Salford 2013 so there's progress. It's likely they will finish above Castleford who are cash strapped, and HKR even.

So that could be 11th for them and who knows - play offs 2014.

I haven't a clue what your point is, you don't say, but my point is Rovers need to go up via "voted up" and not via P & R.

Wow a whole 6 wins, they are only still in SL because P&R does not exist but it did when Leigh finished bottom. 'They are building a team' are they. Apart from Kevin Brown what other major signings have they made? If you take your argument regarding some of our players being given a chance in SL but not making it, why are you so confident with Widnes's players who finished bottom of the pile.

As for them finishing above Salford. If Salford lose players because a buyer can't be found I think you are right but I reckon there are 4 championship clubs who could finish above Salford if this was the case. If Salford find a buyer and don't lose any players I can't see them finishing higher and I deffinately can't see them finishing above Cas and Hull KR. Oh and the play offs in 2014, this all depends on player recruitment, without major signings I think you are being optimistic.

My point is that in my opinion you always have double standards. Take my argument above about Leigh and Widnes and then our ex SL players against Widnes current SL players who could not cut it last year.

I appreciate your support on giving us a chance in SL through franchising. My opinion is that I would rather do this through P&R but I would watch myt team in any league and at the same time campaign against a return to P&R.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#363 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,313 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Oh there is a big difference and if you don't see it then it explains a lot of why you don't get stuff.

What a typically partronising post. The only people on the board who really know what's going on are the two "P's" Parky and Padge. The rest of our knowledge and opinions count for nothing in the presence to these two oracles. Who are never wrong about anything.

"This is a very wealthy country, money is no object" D. Cameron February 2014

#364 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:08 PM

All I know is that I know my Rugby. On the odd occasion I watched SL last year I watched Widnes twice. Once versus Warrington and once versus Cas.
The games lacked any intensity and were in my opinion total dross because Widnes had nothing to play for and their players knew this.

These games tell me all I need to know about franchising, as a sporting event it was a total switch off. If Widnes were fighting relegation it would without question be a different sporting event. If this is to carry on crowds will eventually drop (even if they aren't all ready). because you will not get people paying to watch these boring non events
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#365 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 03:22 PM

What a typically partronising post. The only people on the board who really know what's going on are the two "P's" Parky and Padge. The rest of our knowledge and opinions count for nothing in the presence to these two oracles. Who are never wrong about anything.

Why stop at Parky and Padge. Don't forget JohnM's attempt to derail this thread with his 'so what' game. He appears to have given in because he hasn't answered my question has to why he does not play this pathetic game on other threads.

#366 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,290 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:01 PM

All I know is that I know my Rugby. On the odd occasion I watched SL last year I watched Widnes twice. Once versus Warrington and once versus Cas.
The games lacked any intensity and were in my opinion total dross because Widnes had nothing to play for and their players knew this.

These games tell me all I need to know about franchising, as a sporting event it was a total switch off. If Widnes were fighting relegation it would without question be a different sporting event. If this is to carry on crowds will eventually drop (even if they aren't all ready). because you will not get people paying to watch these boring non events

And all of Leigh's games in SL were memorable, enthralling, exciting edge of the seat stuff where they.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#367 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:05 PM

And all of Leigh's games in SL were memorable, enthralling, exciting edge of the seat stuff where they.

Not that year, Leigh were long gone early but take this last SL season, Widnes, Castleford and London fighting it out to the bitter end. There would have been some nailbiting going on if there had been a relegation place for one of them.

#368 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,290 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:20 PM

Not that year, Leigh were long gone early but take this last SL season, Widnes, Castleford and London fighting it out to the bitter end. There would have been some nailbiting going on if there had been a relegation place for one of them.

Not at all, Widnes would probably have taken a different approach to their first season and Hughes probably wouldn't have gambled on young inexperienced at this level coach.

These so called relegation ding dong battles very rarely occurred, it has been shown on here before,

What about Halifax's season at the bottom of SL or Huddersfield's never ending trawl along the bottom of the table.

Edited by Padge, 29 December 2012 - 05:22 PM.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#369 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,830 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:42 PM

Not at all, Widnes would probably have taken a different approach to their first season and Hughes probably wouldn't have gambled on young inexperienced at this level coach.

These so called relegation ding dong battles very rarely occurred, it has been shown on here before,

What about Halifax's season at the bottom of SL or Huddersfield's never ending trawl along the bottom of the table.

When, mindbogglingly they didn't get relegated for about three seasons.

#370 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,290 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:01 PM

When, mindbogglingly they didn't get relegated for about three seasons.

It wasn't Huddersfield's fault that the promotion candidates didn't come up to scratch or turned promotion down.

#371 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,498 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:43 PM

1. In my opinion you always have double standards.

2. I appreciate your support on giving us a chance in SL through franchising. My opinion is that I would rather do this through P&R

1. It's not a debate about me.

2. It's a pleasure, I appreciate how you would like to be promoted but I feel your board will disagree, they will want three years grace to ensure the best chance.

#372 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,498 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:44 PM

Padge and then an article in RL World, all done with extensive factual research.

#373 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Wow a whole 6 wins, they are only still in SL because P&R does not exist but it did when Leigh finished bottom. 'They are building a team' are they. Apart from Kevin Brown what other major signings have they made? If you take your argument regarding some of our players being given a chance in SL but not making it, why are you so confident with Widnes's players who finished bottom of the pile.

As for them finishing above Salford. If Salford lose players because a buyer can't be found I think you are right but I reckon there are 4 championship clubs who could finish above Salford if this was the case. If Salford find a buyer and don't lose any players I can't see them finishing higher and I deffinately can't see them finishing above Cas and Hull KR. Oh and the play offs in 2014, this all depends on player recruitment, without major signings I think you are being optimistic.

My point is that in my opinion you always have double standards. Take my argument above about Leigh and Widnes and then our ex SL players against Widnes current SL players who could not cut it last year.

I appreciate your support on giving us a chance in SL through franchising. My opinion is that I would rather do this through P&R but I would watch myt team in any league and at the same time campaign against a return to P&R.

so whendangerous dessie deliberately broke the salary cap rules and made under the table payments you think barrow should have been promoted despite being run by a crook?????
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#374 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:54 PM

Bragging about your club who are in an higher league because they got voted in is just very sad.

I would rather discuss sport, so again I will remind you about the two 50 point drubbings. The only thing saving you from more punishment from our small little club is that you were voted in to the SL, unless we get you in the cup.

Top of the Championship versus bottom of SL would be a nice cup game for our little club.

just amswer the question soft lad what happened in the past is history, we won the world club challenge but till ended up being dumped out of the first super league to allow the inclusion of paris, but that is in the past and now is now, we are in super league and featherstone are not as aleksander orlov says.........................simples.

and i would love to meet featherstone in the cup! and give them a hiding like we meeted out to salford, castleford and hull............as i said before there is one team is the CC that meets the current criteria for a license and that club is HALIFAX!!!!

Edited by Viking Warrior, 29 December 2012 - 07:55 PM.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#375 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,269 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yaaaaaay he's back! :lol:
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#376 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

#377 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,269 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

:lol: :lol: eee ya certainly brighten things up thee lad!
I really font think you realise just how much you cheer me up! :lol: :lol:
Keep it up sunshine :lol:

#378 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,223 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:06 PM

w@nker

#379 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 10,269 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

Oooh you ought to address those anger management issues.
Make an appointment and come n see me. I won't charge much! :lol: :lol: :lol:

#380 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,498 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

Nail biting yes.....

Crowds no......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users