Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rovers making headway

• Please log in to reply
625 replies to this topic

#381 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,237 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:23 PM

Padge and then an article in RL World, all done with extensive factual research.

If Padge said it it must be right! :lol:
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#382 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,237 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:27 PM

w@nker

Come on Viking there's no need for that. I don't think there are many Championship supporters who don't hope Widnes do well. After all it proves our point that our clubs given the chance can compete at the top level. The whole point about relegation is that there is a way back, it's not a total disaster. At the moment clubs are artificially held in their position by the iniquitous licensing rule.

#383 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,237 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

You do not have to be succesful to pull in new supporters, in fact it is better if you get them in when you are not.

This is what causes clubs so much trouble, this mistaken belief that the only way get people through the turnstiles is by winning something, the minute you start to lose they walk.

Clubs have upped attendances whilst being out the running, its not impossible to do it.

If this is truly the case why should any club fear a bad run and relegation. On this basis it should be good for crowd numbers.

#384 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,233 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

If this is truly the case why should any club fear a bad run and relegation. On this basis it should be good for crowd numbers.

Once again you have failed to understand what I have posted.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#385 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,400 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Why stop at Parky and Padge. Don't forget JohnM's attempt to derail this thread with his 'so what' game. He appears to have given in because he hasn't answered my question has to why he does not play this pathetic game on other threads.

I can't be everywhere at once so i try to focus on the most diificult, intransigent and most needy csses. HoweverI can only help those who want to be helped. I gave up with you because you refuse to open your mind and to clear it of erroneous preconceptions. You constantly interpret any feedback as an attack, an attempt to undermine your club. You do need to unerstand that when people ask you to justify yourself, they may actually be trying to help. So, yes, I've given up trying to help you and have chosen the easier option of curing all known diseases.

#386 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,378 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:36 PM

All I know is that I know my Rugby. On the odd occasion I watched SL last year I watched Widnes twice. Once versus Warrington and once versus Cas. The games lacked any intensity and were in my opinion total dross because Widnes had nothing to play for and their players knew this.These games tell me all I need to know about franchising, as a sporting event it was a total switch off. If Widnes were fighting relegation it would without question be a different sporting event. If this is to carry on crowds will eventually drop (even if they aren't all ready). because you will not get people paying to watch these boring non events

Before licensing came in when we had P & R attendances in SL rose steadily.

After licensing came in average crowds dropped because the SL went to 14 clubs.

But average crowds rose again and we average 9431 now

Your heart says one thing, but your head will appreciate the facts, even in these hard economic times SL remains very well supported, P & R isn't a crowd puller, Superleague is.

#387 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,378 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

If Padge said it it must be right! :lol:

He didn't just say it he researched it thoroughly.

So there's no need for that flippant remark, made I assume because the facts do not suit you.

Edited by The Parksider, 29 December 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#388 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

I can't be everywhere at once so i try to focus on the most diificult, intransigent and most needy csses. HoweverI can only help those who want to be helped. I gave up with you because you refuse to open your mind and to clear it of erroneous preconceptions. You constantly interpret any feedback as an attack, an attempt to undermine your club. You do need to unerstand that when people ask you to justify yourself, they may actually be trying to help. So, yes, I've given up trying to help you and have chosen the easier option of curing all known diseases.

I certainly do not need any help from the likes of you. Still can't give me a straight answer why you don't play your pathetic 'so what' game on other threads such as the World cup ticket sales.

You are like a politician you clearly post on this thread to try and de-rail positive news and then when challenged come up with a load of bull about a why not game and helping people.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#389 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

so whendangerous dessie deliberately broke the salary cap rules and made under the table payments you think barrow should have been promoted despite being run by a crook?????

So breaking the Salary cap never happens in SL. Strange how you pick on a Championship club without pointing out the shortfalls of your fellow SL clubs. Just like Parky double standards.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#390 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:22 PM

just amswer the question soft lad what happened in the past is history, we won the world club challenge but till ended up being dumped out of the first super league to allow the inclusion of paris, but that is in the past and now is now, we are in super league and featherstone are not as aleksander orlov says.........................simples.

and i would love to meet featherstone in the cup! and give them a hiding like we meeted out to salford, castleford and hull............as i said before there is one team is the CC that meets the current criteria for a license and that club is HALIFAX!!!!

aleksander orlov says.........................simples. - Sums you up perfectly.

You were wrongly kicked out of SL and then wrongly voted back in. As my mother always says 2 wrongs don't make a right.

As for a meeting in the cup, the rubbing rags of SL do not scare me.

#391 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,913 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

aleksander orlov says.........................simples. - Sums you up perfectly.

You were wrongly kicked out of SL and then wrongly voted back in. As my mother always says 2 wrongs don't make a right.

As for a meeting in the cup, the rubbing rags of SL do not scare me.

Ian he's nuts mate. He just came on here for someone to bite. His team isn't any better than ours. And he says he would like to draw us in the CC I would love to draw them in the CC if it was any team in SL we would draw it would be them as they are a team we could beat unlike the likes of Leeds and Wigan etc.

#392 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

It wasn't Huddersfield's fault that the promotion candidates didn't come up to scratch or turned promotion down.

Turned promotion down, you have not got a clue.

#393 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:35 PM

Before licensing came in when we had P & R attendances in SL rose steadily.

After licensing came in average crowds dropped because the SL went to 14 clubs.

But average crowds rose again and we average 9431 now

Your heart says one thing, but your head will appreciate the facts, even in these hard economic times SL remains very well supported, P & R isn't a crowd puller, Superleague is.

SL is a crowd puller for only a few clubs. Why do you think Widnes or Salford did not hit there crowd targets last year? I honestly believe that if we carry on with non events that our elite comp will suffer and crowds will go down.

I can' be the only one who thought that many SL games last year was like watching paint dry.

#394 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:39 PM

And all of Leigh's games in SL were memorable, enthralling, exciting edge of the seat stuff where they.

No but Wigans relegation threatened season were before they broke the salary cap rules when signing Stuart Fielden

#395 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

w@nker

Just like your clubs pathway to SL, you have no class. :D :D :D

Edited by Ian (Pencil) Elliott, 29 December 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#396 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 10:40 PM

Double post

Edited by Ian (Pencil) Elliott, 29 December 2012 - 10:41 PM.

#397 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,233 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

SL is a crowd puller for only a few clubs. Why do you think Widnes or Salford did not hit there crowd targets last year? I honestly believe that if we carry on with non events that our elite comp will suffer and crowds will go down.

I can' be the only one who thought that many SL games last year was like watching paint dry.

A good comparison are Salford and Wakefield games pre SL and post licensing, both have hovered around the bottom in both eras.
If pre SL and with P&R everything was rosey I would expect the pre SL attendance figures to be far higher for their relegation battles than the none event games of the last 3 years.

Here are the facts.

Season 92/93
Wakefield 12th Salford 13th out of 14
Wakefield and Salford finished on the same points, Wakey ahead on points diff.
Salford were saved fro relegation when an emergency meeting at the end of season decided to expand division one to 16 clubs
At Wakefield 3,750 mid season
At Salford 3,734 early season
Av 3,742

93/94 Wakefield 14 Salford 12 out of 16
The game at Wakefield was with 3 games to go to end of season they missed relegation by 1 point
At Wakefield 2,685 3 games untl end of season
At Salford 3,525 Mid season
Av 3,105

94/95 Wakefield 13th Salford 12th out of 16
At Wakefield 3,355 1st game of season
At Salford 2,637 Mid season
Av 2,296

Wakefield 8th Salford 12th out of 14
At Wakefield 6,748
At Salford 2,380
Av 4,564

Wakefield 13th Salford 11th out of 14
At Wakefield 6,823 early season
At Salford 3,213 mid season
Av 5,058

Wakefield 11th Salford 10th out of 14
At Wakefield 4,883 early season
At Salford 3,401 last game of the season
Av 4,412

Edited by Padge, 29 December 2012 - 11:37 PM.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#398 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:43 PM

Ian he's nuts mate. He just came on here for someone to bite. His team isn't any better than ours. And he says he would like to draw us in the CC I would love to draw them in the CC if it was any team in SL we would draw it would be them as they are a team we could beat unlike the likes of Leeds and Wigan etc.

i think there is a massive difference between my club and your's a different league for a start, higher financial turnover, better ground, better academy, better players (are our cast offs still playing for featherstone?) higher average home support, not to mention our glorious history........nuts me?? deluded you!!
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#399 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:13 AM

i think there is a massive difference between my club and your's a different league for a start, higher financial turnover, better ground, better academy, better players (are our cast offs still playing for featherstone?) higher average home support, not to mention our glorious history........nuts me?? deluded you!!

1. You are in SL now by order of the commitee we aren't so with Sky money alone your turnover will be higher.
2. Better ground without a doubt, built by the council owned by the council I believe. Our ground owned 100% by us.
3. Better academy - are you sure? Your academy is funded by Sky, we get nothing.
4. Better players,gloating again about a set of players who finished bottom of the pile. I think we could easily match the rubbing rags of SL. Oh and Andy Kain is doing superb thanks. Thanks for offloading him to us, did really well when we put 50 past you twice.
5. Better average home support, yes better than ours but you are in SL, so you can call on the away support from Wigan, Leeds etc.
6. Glorious history. Cracking history, cracking club I won't argue with you there. Ours is not too bad either you know, won every honour in the game apart from the world club challenge.

So from my points above the verdict is that you are indeed nuts.

#400 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

A good comparison are Salford and Wakefield games pre SL and post licensing, both have hovered around the bottom in both eras.
If pre SL and with P&R everything was rosey I would expect the pre SL attendance figures to be far higher for their relegation battles than the none event games of the last 3 years.

Here are the facts.

Season 92/93
Wakefield 12th Salford 13th out of 14
Wakefield and Salford finished on the same points, Wakey ahead on points diff.
Salford were saved fro relegation when an emergency meeting at the end of season decided to expand division one to 16 clubs
At Wakefield 3,750 mid season
At Salford 3,734 early season
Av 3,742

93/94 Wakefield 14 Salford 12 out of 16
The game at Wakefield was with 3 games to go to end of season they missed relegation by 1 point
At Wakefield 2,685 3 games untl end of season
At Salford 3,525 Mid season
Av 3,105

94/95 Wakefield 13th Salford 12th out of 16
At Wakefield 3,355 1st game of season
At Salford 2,637 Mid season
Av 2,296

Wakefield 8th Salford 12th out of 14
At Wakefield 6,748
At Salford 2,380
Av 4,564

Wakefield 13th Salford 11th out of 14
At Wakefield 6,823 early season
At Salford 3,213 mid season
Av 5,058

Wakefield 11th Salford 10th out of 14
At Wakefield 4,883 early season
At Salford 3,401 last game of the season
Av 4,412

Great stuff. Salford nearly bust and Wakefield have been in administration, so how many of the increase in fans since franchising pay full price???

More fans yet more financial difficulties, something does not add up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users