Rovers making headway

• Please log in to reply
625 replies to this topic

#581 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Strange when you look back the idea of SL and franchsing was that it would give financial stability for SL clubs to plan for the future and stop CC clubs spending money they didn't have trying to get into the top flight. Not much has changed in reality.

No sugar daddy or daddies prepared to "invest" for a number of years, no prospect of getting into SL. Maybe the RFL should add having sugar daddies as a criteria for entry.

That's probably an unwritten rule that most clubs have to obey if they want a franchise. Widnes were the last one to do it.

#582 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

i dont know about dinning,food stalls etc but it will be able hold more fans and a lot of people ive talked to want that end to be the fev end and make it like the old bullock shed with the atmosphere etc.But im sure food stalls etc will be available of some sort.But im in no doubt that if that stand becomes the old bullock shed we will get more fev fans through the gates.

So unless you increase your a attendances, you won't see any actual return on the new stand. That's the same position Halifax and Leigh are in. Regardless of owning their own ground. The only difference is the pie and beer money you get. And you get that now and are still making a loss while Halifax are making a profit.

#583 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

The money that was previously diverted into the ground construction costs can be used for other purposes, one of which could be reducing or eliminating the debt entered into to construct the ground.

What money ? More loans ? Remember - it's not profit that's being generated from business activities, they're just borrowing money. Maybe the source of loans will dry up. Maybe one day, they'll have more loans than assets. At 31 December 2011, Fev's net assets were about half what they were three years earlier. (Source - Companies House)
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#584 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

I could be wrong griff but im sure our club does it yearly based only.

Not what's in your accounts, pal.

#585 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

What money ? More loans ? Remember - it's not profit that's being generated from business activities, they're just borrowing money. Maybe the source of loans will dry up. Maybe one day, they'll have more loans than assets. At 31 December 2011, Fev's net assets were about half what they were three years earlier. (Source - Companies House)

We will always make a loss in the champ if we want SL thats a well known fact.We have been upgrading everything since mark came in.Thats where our losses are coming from.

#586 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Not what's in your accounts, pal.

I cant put that on a public forum griff come on mate.Like i said you will see what we have in 2015 but i will tell you now if we dont get SL no other champ club will and you heard it here first.

#587 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:36 PM

I cant put that on a public forum griff come on mate.Like i said you will see what we have in 2015 but i will tell you now if we dont get SL no other champ club will and you heard it here first.

Of course. But your accounts, on public record, say ...

All fixed assets are initially recorded at cost. Depreciation is provided at the following annual rates in order to write off each asset over its estimated useful life.

Freehold property 2% on cost

Jargon, I know. But I translated it for you above.

#588 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

Of course. But your accounts, on public record, say ...

All fixed assets are initially recorded at cost. Depreciation is provided at the following annual rates in order to write off each asset over its estimated useful life.

Freehold property 2% on cost

Jargon, I know. But I translated it for you above.

All i will say is yes we made a loss but the loss is like you and me losing a penny griff thats all i will say.What im saying is most clubs would alter their salary cap the following season if they made a loss the season before but we have upped ours does'nt that tell you sumat griff.

Edited by thundergaz, 31 December 2012 - 03:43 PM.

#589 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

All i will say is yes we made a loss but the loss is like you and me losing a penny griff thats all i will say.What im saying is most clubs would alter their salary cap the following season if they made a loss the season before but we have upped ours does'nt that tell you sumat griff.

Yes. But not what you imply. :lol:

#590 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Yes. But not what you imply. :lol:

We made a loss so why dont we do a widnes and forget the team and just concentrate on the off field stuff if we hav'nt got massive financial backing?

#591 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:54 PM

Got to agree parky because in this day and age what is the point in continuing as a club if your not in SL? I personally think clubs will be killed off anyway in the next 20 years if they are not in SL.I think its sh** or bust for champ clubs at the minute.If we go bust so be it because whats the point in trolling around in a division where there is nothing to gain?

I don't disagree but, at the moment, the stable clubs seem to be in CC. SL is proving to be somewhat of a graveyard at it's presently constituted.

#592 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:58 PM

I do apologise if I have not made myself clear.

If Rovers have spare land they can sell off to secure the ready cash from a rich man to fund a real go at Superleague 2015-2018 then why not go for it??

It's a judgement call of course but I can't see a better time than NOW to try to be top dog in the area. Wakefield's plans may see them dominate in years to come and then the land value will be of no value in terms of securing SL status.

Rovers don't want a big stretch of land for the future, they want superleague which is far more valuable to them?

It's only speculation that the investors are after the land. I hope it's not true. Fev in SL with investors and keep the land would be the best bet. Develop the land and make it work for the club.

#593 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:04 PM

Yeah - that's probably my issue with Fev's strategy.

Personally, I see nothing clever about lending part of your personal fortune to a club so that it can just buy success it can't really afford. No risk on behalf of the lender - if he wants his money back he can just sell the land, pay off the five mortgages and take his money from the remainder. What exactly is clever about it ? To me, it smacks of Harry Enfield's Loadsamoney - "look at my wad".

And what exactly do you mean by "cover your losses" ? With what ? More debt ? Asset sales ?

No one can touch the land assets Griff without the consent of the club's A shareholders ie the ordinary members who were given A shares when the club became limited. People can invest as much dosh as they like but they can't recoup their investment through sale of the land.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#594 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

No one can touch the land assets Griff without the consent of the club's A shareholders ie the ordinary members who were given A shares when the club became limited. People can invest as much dosh as they like but they can't recoup their investment through sale of the land.

I never knew that terry that as just brightened up my day ;).So all the profits from the land sale goes back into the club? if so thats fantastic news

Edited by thundergaz, 31 December 2012 - 04:08 PM.

#595 bobbruce

bobbruce
  • Coach
  • 6,002 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:12 PM

It doesn't really matter who sells the land all that matters is the lenders know their moneys covered by the land value. if one of them is owed £600,000 and demands it back what are the share holders going to do.

Edited by bobbruce, 31 December 2012 - 04:13 PM.

#596 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:13 PM

That's good, Terry. But I suspect all bets would be off if a lender forced the issue through the courts. If no-one can come up with the cash to repay them, the only solution would be for that consent to be given.

Damnn - Bob beat me to it by seconds .......

Edited by Griff, 31 December 2012 - 04:16 PM.

#597 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

I never knew that terry that as just brightened up my day ;).So all the profits from the land sale goes back into the club? if so thats fantastic news

Steady, Gaz. You haven't sold it yet ......

#598 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

That's good, Terry. But I suspect all bets would be off if a lender forced the issue through the courts. If no-one can come up with the cash to repay them, the only solution would be for that consent to be given.

Do you want us to be in debt and on the brink of going bust griff because thats all you keep stateing.We are no where near the brink your team is closer than we are.

#599 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:17 PM

Do you want us to be in debt and on the brink of going bust griff because thats all you keep stateing.We are no where near the brink your team is closer than we are.

He stating the exact opposite of this.

#600 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,662 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

I don't disagree but, at the moment, the stable clubs seem to be in CC.

Yes - because their outgoings are smaller.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users