• Please log in to reply
625 replies to this topic

#601 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

He stating the exact opposite of this.

He keeps stateing we might have to sell the land or get it taken away from us through debts that to me makes me think he wants us to be in debt.

#602 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,041 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

Fev fan gets wrong end of stick eh, well I never. :D

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#603 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,665 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:23 PM

Fev fan gets wrong end of stick eh, well I never. :D

i see the forum police are back :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

#604 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Yes, I am. I don't want any club to go bust.

Gaz - why do you want the directors to spend a boat load of money that Rovers can't earn (in the foreseeable future, at least) just to win ... what ? Not all that much, really ? Some League Leaders' Shields - which doesn't even count as a $uperleague box ticking and is only recognised as worth winning if it's your club that wins it - one Grand Final and a few days out with no happy ending. Good return on your on-field investment ? Honestly ?

Again I say, I'm not against rich blokes pumping money into their pet clubs - as long as they're not wanting it back later. If they do, it's just a millstone round the club's neck. Usually for the poor bu99ers who pick up the pieces once the "ambitious" directors move on.

Seen the "Save Our Club" begging buckets out before. It's nothing new........
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#605 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

What money ? More loans ? Remember - it's not profit that's being generated from business activities, they're just borrowing money. Maybe the source of loans will dry up. Maybe one day, they'll have more loans than assets. At 31 December 2011, Fev's net assets were about half what they were three years earlier. (Source - Companies House)

Well, once it's built they will not need any more loans. If they increase their attendances as a result of 1.the better stands etc and 2 a possible SL place, thern they can start paying off the loans.
If they don't then they will be in trouble or will have to sell of their land to pay off the debts

#606 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:40 PM

It doesn't really matter who sells the land all that matters is the lenders know their moneys covered by the land value. if one of them is owed £600,000 and demands it back what are the share holders going to do.

They'd pay him back his £600K. The land will be worth many millions one day. What I'm getting at is that any unscrupulous investor with designs on owning the club purely to get their hands on the land won't be able to do so.
Wedding Films For The Discerning by Picture House
Free Showreel DVD On Request

http://www.pictureho...ingfilms.co.uk/

#607 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Well, once it's built they will not need any more loans. If they increase their attendances as a result of 1.the better stands etc and 2 a possible SL place, thern they can start paying off the loans.
If they don't then they will be in trouble or will have to sell of their land to pay off the debts

Yes, they will. They'll need it to fund the losses they make every year. As Robin said about two million posts ago, most of the improvement work has been done since those last accounts.

#608 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

Yes - because their outgoings are smaller.

Exactly. SL is going to have to downsize their financial liabilities or die.

#609 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

They'd pay him back his £600K. The land will be worth many millions one day. What I'm getting at is that any unscrupulous investor with designs on owning the club purely to get their hands on the land won't be able to do so.

Equally, what Bob's getting at is that Rovers might have to fire-sell the land to raise the £600k. In which case, it may not get the best price.

#610 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:44 PM

Exactly. SL is going to have to downsize their financial liabilities or die.

Happen - but that's drifting off topic .......

#611 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,281 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

Yes, they will. They'll need it to fund the losses they make every year. As Robin said about two million posts ago, most of the improvement work has been done since those last accounts.

Yes, but they are not returning cash to the club yet as they are not being used and also the club is not in SL. Once they start to make money as a result this investment, then they should not need to make further loans and should start paying back all outstanding loans.

#612 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:47 PM

What increased revenue will the new stand/stands bring that you don't all ready have? Is there additional corporate dining etc in the new stands?

Yes, there will be additional corporate/ dining facilities, almost double what we have now I understand. Plus the possibility of industrial/office units which will bring in revenue which the club hasn't enjoyed previously.

#613 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

I understand Griff, whether featherstone high street is really a "Town Centre" I dunno :D

It comes back to a judgement call. Does the club want to shhhhh! or bust going for SL now? Or do they sit back like LRL suggests because a better opportunity may come along, and if not at least they secure the club for second tier status from now to eternity?

This assumes Mr. Nahaboo and other investors are providing loans only against the assets and are not gifting Fev Millions.

Fev fans vote now....

The trouble is that if we don't aim for SL or we get turned down I reckon you can wipe about 1000 supporters away from our home attendance.

Everything is driven towards destination SL and if this does not come off then unfortunately the club can only stand still which means we will eventually go backwards. In order to sustain growth we need to be playing at an higher level and this is SL. Watching us finish top of the pile and having finals days out will not put pull many more new supporters through the gates. This is what worries me with our SL application, getting more folk through the door is going to be difficult. The RFL know this and I have a feeling they will be the happiest organisation in the land when they inform us that our SL application has been refused because of this.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#614 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yes, but they are not returning cash to the club yet as they are not being used and also the club is not in SL. Once they start to make money as a result this investment, then they should not need to make further loans and should start paying back all outstanding loans.

OK - but I'm tipping that won't happen.

I'm not sure whether you took my point that the cost of most of the ground improvements wasn't part of those huge losses over the last three years.

Will the stands bring extra supporters through the gate ? Pfft - I dunno - on rainy days, happen. :mellow:

#615 Terry Mullaney

Terry Mullaney
  • Coach
  • 1,991 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 04:57 PM

The trouble is that if we don't aim for SL or we get turned down I reckon you can wipe about 1000 supporters away from our home attendance.

Everything is driven towards destination SL and if this does not come off then unfortunately the club can only stand still which means we will eventually go backwards. In order to sustain growth we need to be playing at an higher level and this is SL. Watching us finish top of the pile and having finals days out will not put pull many more new supporters through the gates. This is what worries me with our SL application, getting more folk through the door is going to be difficult. The RFL know this and I have a feeling they will be the happiest organisation in the land when they inform us that our SL application has been refused because of this.

Despite it being stated on here that we are still 500 short, the reality is we actually need less than 200 extra fans Ian to meet the RFL requirement on attendances. We'll meet the target easily in 2013 season in my opinion. My view is that this will go out of the window anyway when two divisions of ten is introduced for the next licensing period.

#616 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,666 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:06 PM

Despite it being stated on here that we are still 500 short, the reality is we actually need less than 200 extra fans Ian to meet the RFL requirement on attendances. We'll meet the target easily in 2013 season in my opinion. My view is that this will go out of the window anyway when two divisions of ten is introduced for the next licensing period.

Could be right there, Terry.

But as things stand, I wouldn't like to risk going into $uperleague with less than 3000 average.

#617 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

I hope you are right Terry, the new stands will hopefully pull in some more spectators when they are built.

As for the 2 leagues of 10, I believe this is the best way forward but ultimately it is the RFL's decision so I wouldn't hold my breath.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#618 Matt J

Matt J
  • 7,712 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:11 PM

Even if they do remove that, I think the club should always be looking to increase attendances. In previous years, marketing the club and getting interest / people coming through the gates hasnt been a strong point for us, think were starting to see the results now with slowly growing attendances.

Cummins Out.

#619 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

i still haven't forgiven fev for dumping wildbore on us.......................

that pales into insignificance when you dumped currier on us.
joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#620 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

that pales into insignificance when you dumped currier on us.

and received 150k for him. :rolleyes:

To be honest I thought currier was class at Widnes and we could not do much better than him to replace Newlove. Just really unlucky for us and the player that he received that bad injury.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users