Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Salford cancel Christmas friendly

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

http://www.reds.co.u...ndly-called-off

down to injuries??
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#2 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

http://www.reds.co.u...ndly-called-off

down to injuries??

"Injuries" seems a bit of a 'convenient' reason. Can't say I'm surprised, tbh. Disappointed because I was thinking of going to this one. I think I'll look for another fixture to attend.

btw, Your friend Mick just texted me this news. He is keeping well in case you're interested.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#3 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

btw, Your friend Mick just texted me this news. He is keeping well in case you're interested.

great news thanks - been worried sick about him!

Have a good Christmas Tony mate
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#4 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

More bad news. It is rock bottom when our club can't put out a team for a fixture - It makes no difference if it is injuries or money.

I hope a full appology is sent to Leigh and their fans for letting them down. Good grief - it would be a poor show for an amateur club to do this! I have a horrible feeling I have watched my last Salford game, as the game against Swinton on the 6th must be looking dodgy now. I can't believe how bad this feels - utter pits. :(

I wish they would just put us ut of our misery now, it is getting unbearable and even our sense of humour is being stretched to the limit ...

#5 brooza

brooza
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

No disrespect to Leigh, but how many "injuries" do Salford have that they can't put out a competitive team against Leigh?

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#6 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,879 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:14 AM

No disrespect to Leigh, but how many "injuries" do Salford have that they can't put out a competitive team against Leigh?

Quite.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#7 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

great news thanks - been worried sick about him!

Have a good Christmas Tony mate

Cheers, Kenny! Will do. You too!

#8 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,957 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:21 AM

At a time when we need all the friends we can find, we sh*t on our neighbours like this. Unforgivable!

#9 intheshed

intheshed
  • Coach
  • 406 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:23 AM

Regardless of injuries was this not almost inevitable once Salford revealed their bank account had been frozen? Presumably this leaves them struggling if not unable to pay players & perhaps even worse in terms of getting a game on insurance premiums.

#10 Pottsy

Pottsy
  • Coach
  • 3,500 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Allegations elsewhere that the players have not been paid, hence the reason we can't raise a team.

I can't verify this myself but that's what's being posted elsewhere.

#11 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

Allegations elsewhere that the players have not been paid, hence the reason we can't raise a team.

I can't verify this myself but that's what's being posted elsewhere.

That sounds more plausible. Brings a new meaning to players having "niggles" though. :blink: :lol:

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#12 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,841 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Left hand tell the right hand whats going on!

Leigh tweeted a couple of minutes ago advertising the game, no mention of a postponement.

#13 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 997 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

We beat their first team 36-12 in the first game at their new stadium last season so they all obviously wanted to avoid embarrassment!

Left hand tell the right hand whats going on!

Leigh tweeted a couple of minutes ago advertising the game, no mention of a postponement.

Since been retracted now that the postponement is official.

#14 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:39 PM

We beat their first team 36-12 in the first game at their new stadium last season so they all obviously wanted to avoid embarrassment!

Since been retracted now that the postponement is official.

I had been trying to forget that result :D - I hope Leigh can arrange another game for you to go to Matt. Emabrrased that we have had to cancel, but I think our club in in a very a very bad place right now.

#15 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:00 PM

I didn;t see the word "injuries mentioned......he said "We have a few too many knocks and niggles this week"......which is true, though not necessarily physical

#16 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,651 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:10 PM

Its a real shame but i guess with the problems salford are having at the minute it does'nt come as a surprise.I just hope they can get out of this mess as i would'nt want any club to go out of business and that includes our near neighbours down the road.

Edited by thundergaz, 21 December 2012 - 01:10 PM.

#17 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 997 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

I had been trying to forget that result :D - I hope Leigh can arrange another game for you to go to Matt. Emabrrased that we have had to cancel, but I think our club in in a very a very bad place right now.

I'd be surprised if any clubs would be willing to step in at short notice, although we do have a bit of a gap between our friendlies against Wigan and Swinton so hopefully we could slot in a game in that period, both for cashflow and preparation for the season.

#18 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,875 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:05 PM

Cas have no game - would be good to try sort something

Posted Image

#19 Cardiff Cymru

Cardiff Cymru
  • Coach
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

Ian Watson Testimonial - Swinton Lions v North Wales Crusaders - Saturday 29th December - everyone will have to go there instead. :)
About time I updated this.

Join Rebtel for cheap international calls

#20 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 3,555 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

I didn;t see the word "injuries mentioned......he said "We have a few too many knocks and niggles this week"......which is true, though not necessarily physical

you still need the money though...they should have played the game no matter what...garner support! get some money in!

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users