Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fax receive 60,000 as investor buys more shares

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Great news for the club as once again Tony Abbott buys more shares in the club. 60,000 pounds may not be a massive amount, but its a welcome boost to any club in the off season. Interesting Abbott says “I am determined to see Halifax RLFC back where we know they belong, in Super League. The club has a long and proud history in the RFL and this last four years whilst I have been involved has been especially successful.We want to break even or make a profit, which we have for the last three years, we will take proper business decisions about monies we spend or don’t spend and overall we try to run our rugby club in a proper business-like manner”” said Mr Abbott.

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/local/fax-receives-massive-cash-injection-from-director-1-5245776

#2 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Its the best way to cover operational shortfalls and wish we did it at Leigh. If salford had done it the balance sheet would be far more attractive.

#3 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

So that's Featherstone and Halifax who have found investors albeit of no huge size but Salford, Crusaders and Braford either cannot or have had great difficulty finding any. Furthermore Halifax, Sheffield and I believe Workington and Leigh have all posted a profit.

Maybe the CC CEOs should run a seminar for the deluded SL fanatsists who try to run their clubs on a model of permanent deficit spending.

#4 cookey

cookey
  • Coach
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

Another so called rugby league supporter,wants to turn a positive into a negative.

#5 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

Another so called rugby league supporter,wants to turn a positive into a negative.

Not really, merely trying to accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative.

#6 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:16 PM

Brilliant news for the club. Good to have him involved.

#7 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,983 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:15 PM

Not really, merely trying to accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative.

You know as well as everyone else does that your comments are simply going to drag this thread into another b*tch-fest. Like a dozen other threads.
"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#8 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,222 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Excellent news for Fax. :)

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#9 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,200 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:06 PM

I thought no one wants too invest in Championship clubs according to people on here?

#10 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,114 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:18 PM

Great news. Always good to see RL clubs making progress off the field.

#11 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

So that's Featherstone and Halifax who have found investors albeit of no huge size but Salford, Crusaders and Braford either cannot or have had great difficulty finding any. Furthermore Halifax, Sheffield and I believe Workington and Leigh have all posted a profit.

Maybe the CC CEOs should run a seminar for the deluded SL fanatsists who try to run their clubs on a model of permanent deficit spending.

Go on I'll bite,

Its easier to find £60k than find £600k, probably about 10x easier at a guess.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#12 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,349 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

So that's Halifax who have found investors albeit of no huge size.......

Exactly. Of no huge size.

Anyway the Fax fans on here say they do not want Super league so stop trying to impose it on them.

#13 a.n Other

a.n Other
  • Coach
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:41 PM

Anyway the Fax fans on here say they do not want Super league so stop trying to impose it on them.

Don't they? I want to see Fax playing in SL again. I can't understand any fan not wanting to see their team play in the top division.

#14 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,230 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:53 PM

Don't they? I want to see Fax playing in SL again. I can't understand any fan not wanting to see their team play in the top division.

A Leigh fan was on Manchester Radio last season during the phone in and said he didn't want Leigh to go for SL.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#15 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

If Fax end back up in SL great, but for me I am quite happy where we are, winning trophies, making a profit in a League where any team can beat the other. I am not sure Fax would be even close to getting to finals let alone winning them. SL is in a mess at the mo and so I dont think Fax (or Fev) are missing too much. SL is not something that is overly important for me and if it means Fax losing money and living beyond their limits then quite happy with the championship. Parksider is well known as somnebody who misquotes or make up the views of others. The game is bigger than SL and Fax can survive without being in SL and still build on what has been achieved.

#16 thundergaz

thundergaz
  • Coach
  • 2,895 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:02 PM

If Fax end back up in SL great, but for me I am quite happy where we are, winning trophies, making a profit in a League where any team can beat the other. I am not sure Fax would be even close to getting to finals let alone winning them. SL is in a mess at the mo and so I dont think Fax (or Fev) are missing too much. SL is not something that is overly important for me and if it means Fax losing money and living beyond their limits then quite happy with the championship. Parksider is well known as somnebody who misquotes or make up the views of others. The game is bigger than SL and Fax can survive without being in SL and still build on what has been achieved.

I totally agree at the moment. One day I would like us to get in SL but not at the minute. Let the RFL keep tinkering and looking to expand because the way it's going fev,fax etc will be the only teams left to play in the top flight.

#17 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Exactly. Of no huge size.

Did you read the quote from Bennett. He is assisting so that Halifax can get to their SL goal. That's him, not me, pushing them towards SL, a member of the Halifax board wants it whatever the fans may think.I also seem to remember vaguely reading something recently where either a sponsor or a director of Leigh wanted them to get the club into SL .Again, it's not me pushing it, it was from the club itself.

#18 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,614 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:38 PM

A Leigh fan was on Manchester Radio last season during the phone in and said he didn't want Leigh to go for SL.

The section on the official Leigh club website dedicated to the independent supporters association has as their mission statement the elevation of Leigh to SL in 2014 so, obviously, not all Leigh fans feel that way..

#19 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:43 PM

Great news. Fev and Fax have built up a great rivalry in recent years, can't wait till next year to see the clubs do battle again.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins

#20 Ian (Pencil) Elliott

Ian (Pencil) Elliott
  • Coach
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:05 PM

Go on I'll bite,

Its easier to find £60k than find £600k, probably about 10x easier at a guess.

The big difference is that SL clubs get sky funding and Championship clubs get sweet FA. If you think it's easier for a Championship club to be succesfull and to keep there head above water when you are surrounded by SL clubs then you are deluded.

When I here you and parky harp on about how hard it is for SL clubs it really does make me laugh and the best bit is you actually believe it.
"You cant be scared of death. When that time comes, it comes....I've been blessed. God's looked out for me, so, I'm happy." -Sean Taylor, #21, Washington Redskins