Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Fax receive 60,000 as investor buys more shares

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 681 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:09 PM

Great news for Fax. I've got a lot of respect for Tony Abbott. Not only for what he's done/does for the club but also the Halifax community as a whole. I really hope we get back in to Super League soon.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#22 Chappies Dummy

Chappies Dummy
  • Players
  • 67 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

FWIW i think its hard to be successful in both leagues. I agree you need more money in sl than in the cc but you cant compare the two in the same way. Sl has national exposure to a much bigger audience via sky and has shows like boots n all promoting it aswell as coverage in national newspapers where as the cc has none of this.
The fact that fax have got people investing this type of money should be applauded the same as fev should be for getting big companies like fosters as a sponsor, not shot down by people saying 'yeah but its only x ammount of money so its easier for them'.
Rant over!

Edited by Chappies Dummy, 23 December 2012 - 05:27 PM.

#23 shaun mc

shaun mc
  • Coach
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

SL clubs receive £1.1m of guaranteed funding via their Sky portion.
No CC club has that same level of guaranteed income, where for some clubs it could 30-40% of their total income for a 5 year period. Thats 30-40% of their income for the coming season that they don't have to do a huge amount of work for, except to avoid going bust, and/or retaining their licence.
The CC clubs would love to have that level of certainty and are much more susceptible to outside factors such as the economy of the area in which they operate.
Imagine what would happen in say Whitehaven if BNFL closed down

Edited by shaun mc, 22 December 2012 - 07:35 PM.

#24 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:48 PM

So that's Featherstone and Halifax who have found investors albeit of no huge size but Salford, Crusaders and Braford either cannot or have had great difficulty finding any. Furthermore Halifax, Sheffield and I believe Workington and Leigh have all posted a profit.

Maybe the CC CEOs should run a seminar for the deluded SL fanatsists who try to run their clubs on a model of permanent deficit spending.

seems the difference is that fev and halifax went looking for investors while still been in a healthy state rather than waiting until they were going belly up like the other clubs mentioned . would you put your money into a club that seems well run or one thats deep in debt ?
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users