Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Stabky Left Hornets?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

JUst been told Stanky has already left his new role at Hornets. Its on his Facebook page.
Gutted, in the shortime as chief exec he seemed to be making great strides into the role and had begun to get the club looking proffesional.

Anyone know anything?
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#2 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:53 PM

Sorry meant Stanky.... No i havent been on the ale YET
Phil Bull.

Hopefully my post are viewed as positive, and I cannot be held responsible for causing any offence to anyone associated with this message board

#3 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 782 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

JUst been told Stanky has already left his new role at Hornets. Its on his Facebook page.
Gutted, in the shortime as chief exec he seemed to be making great strides into the role and had begun to get the club looking proffesional.

Anyone know anything?

Stanky was not chief executive that is still Louise Spencer,
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

#4 mickhornet

mickhornet
  • Coach
  • 439 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

Wonder whats brought this on? all very positive at the "Meet the players evening" and three weeks later he resigns on Facebook.
Nothing on the official site.

#5 CAMS

CAMS
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:05 AM

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank the fans for your support to myself and the lads over the past 3 years. It is correct that I have decided to move on and I want to make it absolutely clear that I didn't make this decision lightly.

It was a decision that I made in the last week and certainly wasn't a long term consideration as I felt that the work that I had done in the last few months in my new role, had really begun to see the club moving forward off the field.

I wish the club all the very best for this coming season and I genuinely hope that the coaching team and players are able to deliver Championship rugby. No doubt about it, i'll be at the pre season games showing my support.

John

See how CAMS can benefit you and your club!

Complete Athlete Management Solutions

www.cams-sport.com

#6 fillipo del toro

fillipo del toro
  • Coach
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank the fans for your support to myself and the lads over the past 3 years. It is correct that I have decided to move on and I want to make it absolutely clear that I didn't make this decision lightly.

It was a decision that I made in the last week and certainly wasn't a long term consideration as I felt that the work that I had done in the last few months in my new role, had really begun to see the club moving forward off the field.

I wish the club all the very best for this coming season and I genuinely hope that the coaching team and players are able to deliver Championship rugby. No doubt about it, i'll be at the pre season games showing my support.

John

Sad news in my opinion, in my time supporting Hornets, it was clear to me that we had finally got somebody dragging the club into the modern commercial sporting world and utilising what little money and support we get.
Thanks for the memories John, bring your drinking goggles to the pre seasons as like me a few will want to buy you a beer i suspect.

On the playing side, giving us players like Cookson, Bloomfield, Donohughe & Crook. And the season everyone wrote us off and taking us into the playoffs... Cheers again.
Phil Bull.

#7 CAMS

CAMS
  • Players
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Thanks fillipo. Genuinely had a great time at the club. Wasn't always easy and at times immensely frustrating, but myself and the coaching team and backroom staff gave it one hell of a go.

Obviously, the players deserve a pat on the back from me personally and especially those that have been loyal for my full term and still remain at the club.

I'd like to think that in such restrictive circumstances we achieved some pretty good standards on the field.

Some great memories of victories and some not so great memories of losses but overall, memories that will live with me forever.

Thanks for those memories go to everybody at the club

See how CAMS can benefit you and your club!

Complete Athlete Management Solutions

www.cams-sport.com

#8 hitman hornet

hitman hornet
  • Coach
  • 344 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

Bloody shame that'
Like you say phil, it was nice for once, somebody taking the club forward to another level.
Lets hope it carries on'
Good luck to your future John'
And if its anything like you do in all your business's, I'm sure it will be a huge success
100% league 0% union

#9 The Baron Mk11

The Baron Mk11
  • Coach
  • 776 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:22 AM

Real shame I agree Hitman. Stanky appeared to be doing a great job and always seemed very upbeat. It must be a very difficult job trying to engage potential sponsers in these difficult times, and I for one did not envy his task. I was hoping that he would have eventualy become our Chief Executive, but it would appear that will not happen now. On the subject of C.E's, ours is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Time we moved her on.

Best of luck for the future Stanky, and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family and everyone connected to Hornets from the top to the bottom

A Very Merry Christmas, and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!!!

Edited by The Baron Mk11, 23 December 2012 - 11:26 AM.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

#10 SPOTLANDHORNET

SPOTLANDHORNET
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Stanky got fed up with the muppet I recon

#11 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Real shame I agree Hitman. Stanky appeared to be doing a great job and always seemed very upbeat. It must be a very difficult job trying to engage potential sponsers in these difficult times, and I for one did not envy his task. I was hoping that he would have eventualy become our Chief Executive, but it would appear that will not happen now. On the subject of C.E's, ours is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Time we moved her on.

Best of luck for the future Stanky, and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family and everyone connected to Hornets from the top to the bottom

A Very Merry Christmas, and a Happy and Prosperous New Year!!!

I totally agree with all your comments and would like to add that I am sure that John would have been perfect for the post of Chief Exec. with both his Rugby League background and his business acumen. We dont appear to have very much faith in the current CE who appears to be a very silent employee within the organisation when we really need a powerful and dynamic character to move us forward.

I sincerely hope that come the new year Stanky will have recharged his batteries and get himself back to our club so that,together, we can all help to take Hornets forward.

JOHN, WE HAVE ALL GOT TOTAL TRUST AND FAITH IN YOUR ABILITIES AND WOULD LIKE YOU TO RECONSIDER YOUR DECISION AND FINISH THE JOB THAT YOU HAVE, SO FAR, MANAGED IMPECCABLY
RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#12 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

JOHN, WE HAVE ALL GOT TOTAL TRUST AND FAITH IN YOUR ABILITIES AND WOULD LIKE YOU TO RECONSIDER YOUR DECISION AND FINISH THE JOB THAT YOU HAVE, SO FAR, MANAGED IMPECCABLY

And yet you didn't get even close to promotion in 3 years with him as head coach.
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#13 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:18 PM

No one can doubt the mans dedication as I can't imagine hes been provided with a kings ransom in return for his work. The organisation is in a much healthier position now than it was when he arrived, with structures in place which I believe will see the club go on to greater things. That to me has been the success and the man should be allowed to bow out to pursue his ambitions.

#14 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 999 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:51 PM

He enabled us to punch higher than our budgets would otherwise allow and for that he should be thanked

Good luck Stanky.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#15 StarfireHypervixen

StarfireHypervixen
  • Coach
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Tiger, He would not have done that alone,you have a chief Exec, a board of directors, office staff, and asisstant coaches too.

Dog, I'm sure he put in some effort to build Hornets, but at the end of the day, he did not get you promoted.

Just injecting a little reality.
Living life in such a way, that when my feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan says "Oh *@$^! She's awake!"

#16 Heywood Tiger

Heywood Tiger
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:40 PM

I think Wayne Bennett would struggle to get a side promoted if he was only able to offer humble pay as you play terms in a 3rd tier competition. I believe overall the quality of our squad has been better than our finances should allow, largely due to the coach and not the back room staff!

#17 PooingDog

PooingDog
  • Coach
  • 999 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:19 PM

Got to agree with Heywood Tiger, the board and backroom staff have done a sterling job stabilizing and moving the club forward, but to put out a reasonably competitive team that's also been entertaining on the budgets we've spent has been largely down to Stankey, promotion or not.

I think that's pretty realistic.
Memento mori

Who cares -Wins!!!

Carpe Cerevisi

AKA. Winston Smith

Give 'em a fair trial..........and then hang 'em"

#18 excolt

excolt
  • Players
  • 93 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

If you exclude the teams who last season got around the salary cap rules I think you will find we where top.

#19 ornit4ever

ornit4ever
  • Coach
  • 431 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:18 PM

And yet you didn't get even close to promotion in 3 years with him as head coach.

Stanky's coaching has never been an issue with the club it comes down to what sort of player can Hornets afford with strict budget and no sugar daddy or major sponsor available. So if you take Paul Cooke...Jamie Thackray....Peter Lupton...Jamie Rooney and Mark Calderwood etc out of the equation then we could easily have been in another division now but we dont have the finance so he has done a marvellous job under such circumstances.

Have you got any ideas how to obtain success in any sport without and funding please?
RUGBY LEAGUE WITHOUT ROCHDALE HORNETS IS LIKE AN UNSHARPENED PENCIL, THERES NO POINT?

#20 SPOTLANDHORNET

SPOTLANDHORNET
  • Coach
  • 140 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

Attract people with money then, most clubs do that you know, its not rocket science