Pleasantly surprised

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 burnleywelsh

burnleywelsh
  • Coach
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

On my way home from work this evening, saw a nice big sign underneath the 'welcome to Calderdale ' one, advertising the Tonga v Italy game in Halifax. Great to see some advance marketing. Are people starting to get their act together? The sign was well away from Halifax. It was on the Littleborough to Todmorden road, so they're spreading the news around the borough.

#2 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

I know Halifax RLFC and Calderdale Council are working together on the WC. The council have been awful in the past and not really helped the Club or the game in general. One Councillor has history of rubbishing Halifax RLFC and the Shay in the press. But its good to see the council have got on board with the WC and are promoting it in various ways. I dont know if the RFL / RLIF have maybe asked the council or payed for the promotion. But if so then its good work. If not then least the game hasnt paid for it!

#3 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,018 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:54 PM

Wasn't things like this part of the bidding process, when places (not clubs) put in a bid to host the games they had to have a marketing strategy to build up interest as part of it.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#4 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 5,216 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:20 PM

Wasn't things like this part of the bidding process, when places (not clubs) put in a bid to host the games they had to have a marketing strategy to build up interest as part of it.

I agree with you there. The host city bidding concept seems to have proved a success as the various stakeholders are working in their immediate vicinities on localised marketing and promotional ideas as this one leaving the national marketing to the World Cup organising operation.

I think Rochdale are another host city venue who have done some good promotional work also. Let's hope the other venues follow suit.

#5 boro hornet

boro hornet
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

saw a poster for the match at the shay on the back of a bus in Rochdale
Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users