2012 Championship 1 Attendances

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 09:24 PM

Just been reading through the stats of last season in my new Gillette RL Yearbook and Barrow and Town were certainly the top two clubs.

Average crowds which do not include Challenge Cup matches, only League and NR Cup were :-

Barrow - 1,383; North Wales Crusaders - 927; Town - 892; Haven - 814; Doncaster - 730; Oldham - 609; London Skolars - 525; Rochdale - 488; South Wales Scorpions - 393; Gateshead - 282.

Of the top 10 attendances Barrow were involved in 9 of them. The only one they weren't involved in was the top attendance from Town versus Haven - 1,954. The Cumbrian derby matches were a boon for the Championship 1 last season with 5 of the matches appearing in the top 10, the only one to miss out was Haven's home game with Barrow with a crowd of 1,124. Town had 1st and 4th (v Barrow) highest attendances.

Town had the biggest rise in their average crowd of 309 extra per match as opposed to the 2011 season, Barrow's was down 144 from their Championship season and Haven down 52. Only Barrow (15,214) and Town (11592) attracted 5 figure totals for the season. Barrow's total was only bettered by the top 4 in the Championship (Fev, Fax, Leigh & Sheffield) whilst Town's was higher than 4 Championship clubs (Batley, Hunslet, Swinton & York)

A similar rise in attendances or better would be very nice for 2013.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#2 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:01 AM

What? Haven now the worst supported Cumbrian team! Just goes to show how many "glory hunters" followed them.
"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#3 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 658 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:23 AM

Just been reading through the stats of last season in my new Gillette RL Yearbook and Barrow and Town were certainly the top two clubs.

Average crowds which do not include Challenge Cup matches, only League and NR Cup were :-

Barrow - 1,383; North Wales Crusaders - 927; Town - 892; Haven - 814; Doncaster - 730; Oldham - 609; London Skolars - 525; Rochdale - 488; South Wales Scorpions - 393; Gateshead - 282.

Of the top 10 attendances Barrow were involved in 9 of them. The only one they weren't involved in was the top attendance from Town versus Haven - 1,954. The Cumbrian derby matches were a boon for the Championship 1 last season with 5 of the matches appearing in the top 10, the only one to miss out was Haven's home game with Barrow with a crowd of 1,124. Town had 1st and 4th (v Barrow) highest attendances.

Town had the biggest rise in their average crowd of 309 extra per match as opposed to the 2011 season, Barrow's was down 144 from their Championship season and Haven down 52. Only Barrow (15,214) and Town (11592) attracted 5 figure totals for the season. Barrow's total was only bettered by the top 4 in the Championship (Fev, Fax, Leigh & Sheffield) whilst Town's was higher than 4 Championship clubs (Batley, Hunslet, Swinton & York)

A similar rise in attendances or better would be very nice for 2013.

Is it worth a buy Keith?

#4 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,810 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:14 PM

Is it worth a buy Keith?

I think so. It's a good reference book with records of the season for every club.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#5 bomber is god

bomber is god
  • Coach
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:13 PM

Just borrow Keiths lol

Edited by bomber is god, 22 December 2012 - 02:14 PM.

COME ON YOU TOWN!!

#6 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,855 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

It'll be bitterly disappointing if we're not averaging 1000 + next year . We certainly should with the level of opposition , the meaty league season and the fine BOD squad strengthening which more than anything deserves backing . It's time now that we got the support we need n deserve . No excuses this year ... Not to forget the improved stadium conditions to watch in . Lets lift off again .

Edited by DavidM, 22 December 2012 - 02:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users