TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Super league

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 20,738 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:11 AM

its not that important in the scheme of things.

A bit like Australia really...or else why do so many want to escape to the UK?

#62 boxhead

boxhead
  • Coach
  • 3,232 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:10 AM

A bit like Australia really...or else why do so many want to escape to the UK?

Total Dreamer, post facts if you have any to support the ###### you posted.
Far more leave UK for Oz than the reverse.

Edited by AndyCapp, 31 December 2012 - 09:59 AM.

#63 rourkem

rourkem
  • Players
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:20 PM

Well done here. I think I can consider this as a classic but until the next one I guess. 

Rugby all day long. 1.gif

#64 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,638 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:27 PM

Canetman, if you hate RL so much stop watching it and please stop coming on here, you won't be missed by either people on this forum or the game in general.

I don't recall you being elected spokesperson.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso, 24 October 2014 - 05:31 PM.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#65 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 03:45 PM

The money in the Australian game is very impressive and their crowds, but they have a huge rival in the exopanding AFL. I would have thought that now was the time to expand the Australian game to Perth and the various other proposed exapnsioan areas, including mabe a second NZ club, but what do they do, they put of expansion for the forseeable future leaving the AFL with a free reign on expansion.

It seems to me that the NRL should strike whilst the iron is hot and the failure to do it when they have some investors interested in funding franchises is typical of the lack of leadership of the game about which you are complaining.

I don't know enough about the NRL but in considering your comment on expansion and the current franchises my uninformed question would be:

To expand I guess means increasing the number of franchises or to replace current one's with new or a total restructuring of the league. 

What would be the suggestion for increasing the franchises and if its to replace existing, how many and which one's go....

If its to increase the number of franchises I guess that increases the number of games and impact to an even greater degree international rugby...

anyway would be interesting to know how to expand and which has to go in order to support expansion...

Edited by redjonn, 26 October 2014 - 03:46 PM.

#66 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:02 PM

I don't recall you being elected spokesperson.

Nice one L'ang, Thats what I call quick repartee!
22 months thinking time, did you have a senior moment?

Edited by Bearman, 26 October 2014 - 09:02 PM.

Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#67 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,041 posts

Posted 26 October 2014 - 09:23 PM

I don't know enough about the NRL but in considering your comment on expansion and the current franchises my uninformed question would be:

To expand I guess means increasing the number of franchises or to replace current one's with new or a total restructuring of the league. 

What would be the suggestion for increasing the franchises and if its to replace existing, how many and which one's go....

If its to increase the number of franchises I guess that increases the number of games and impact to an even greater degree international rugby...

anyway would be interesting to know how to expand and which has to go in order to support expansion...

This was posted before p and r returned to the agenda. Now we have it new clubs will have to enter CC1 in the UK and work their way to SL via p and r, at which time they will replace relegated teams.

In Australia, they should just add new franchises without removing any existing ones. They already have an unbalance fixture system whereby not all teams play each other home and away. In my opinion if they got four expansion teams they could go to two conferences of 10 which would solve their fixture problems.

#68 l'angelo mysterioso

l'angelo mysterioso
  • Coach
  • 42,638 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 08:43 AM

Nice one L'ang, Thats what I call quick repartee!
22 months thinking time, did you have a senior moment?

the wheels of my muse turn a little slower these days
WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015
Keeping it local

#69 redjonn

redjonn
  • Coach
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 09:04 AM

This was posted before p and r returned to the agenda. Now we have it new clubs will have to enter CC1 in the UK and work their way to SL via p and r, at which time they will replace relegated teams.

In Australia, they should just add new franchises without removing any existing ones. They already have an unbalance fixture system whereby not all teams play each other home and away. In my opinion if they got four expansion teams they could go to two conferences of 10 which would solve their fixture problems.

It was the NRL I was intrigued by... didn't realise in aussieland they didn't all play each other. I guess you could have the conference system like the USA NFL

anyway thanks for taking time to answer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users