Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

RFL cancels Christmas.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#1 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

Its a great headline isnt it.

Glad to see everything is OK in the world of SL.

#2 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,164 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

And if they had gone ahead with a party while making 60 redundant?
With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#3 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

And if they had gone ahead with a party while making 60 redundant?

The comment was about the headline.
It wasnt about anything in the artcile ;)

#4 Ant

Ant
  • Coach
  • 3,059 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:18 AM

So complain to the #### about the quality of their "journalism"

#5 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

So complain to the #### about the quality of their "journalism"

Why would i need to complain.
Have they written something which is untrue?

#6 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,709 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Bloody RFL. Can't they just operate in a bubble? Why do they have to deal with real issues like cuts in income and sponsors? Idiots.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#7 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,857 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:49 AM

Its a great headline isnt it.

Glad to see everything is OK in the world of SL.

sl? You mean RL or do you think the 60 people were all working for sl teams?
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#8 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,718 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:06 AM

Another fan who seems to be bragging about the demise of the sport he likes...
Posted Image

#9 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

What a ridiculously stupid thread.
Posted Image

#10 guess who

guess who
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

What a ridiculously stupid thread.

Why Gav.

We are looking for a new sponsor for our sport.

Do you think this type of thing will help?

#11 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Why Gav.

We are looking for a new sponsor for our sport.

Do you think this type of thing will help?

It will be completely irrelevant. It won't even register on the radar. And 'We' aren't looking for anything either. There is a very good Commercial Manager who has been in the job for six months, and is negotiating the right deal as we speak. He has already knocked back two companies for the sponsorship, so the interest is there. 'You' (and many others) are doing nothing but doom mongering, just let him get on with it for Christs sake.

Its a piece of filler written by a very questionable journalist in an even more questionable rag. Your endless sniping (along with many others) actually causes more harm than these pointless little non-stories, but you don't see it because you claim to have the game's best interests at heart. Oh the irony...

There isn't even a story there, the RFL still had their staff christmas parties, I ended up joining one of them last Friday!
Posted Image

#12 Bulletproof

Bulletproof
  • Coach
  • 2,242 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:47 AM

It's the Sun. Not exactly a paragon of integrity. If you believe the stuff they print you'll believe anything.

#13 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,618 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:45 PM

It's the Sun. Not exactly a paragon of integrity. If you believe the stuff they print you'll believe anything.

I'll be surprised if it's true.

I'm surprised whenever I read about anything in the Sun which is true.
"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#14 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

Warburtons bread Super League 2013, ##### thousands of bread vans with crappy staged images splattered all over them but with no money involved, whoopidy ###### doo

#15 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

Warburtons bread Super League 2013, ##### thousands of bread vans with crappy staged images splattered all over them but with no money involved, whoopidy ###### doo

What is the point to this post? This just proves my earlier point.
Posted Image

#16 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,842 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Isn't this just the RFL falling in line with what the vast majority of commercial companies do? Seems every year there's less and less "paid for" Christmas do's certainly seems to be the case with the commercial companies I deal with anyhow.

As for sponsorship, look forward to seeing who they link up with, think we've got to stop looking for the negatives and trust that the deal they sign will be the best thats on the table that fits within all the other constraints they have to deal with. Sick of hearing about last years deal, I wasn't a big fan myself but it could have worked out, it wasn't a gamble for a massive amount of money and the alternative with the betting company didn't seem straightforward given how so many clubs have there own betting partners anyhow these days.

#17 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,113 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:46 PM

What is the point to this post? This just proves my earlier point.

FFS Gav, just because you dont see the point to loads of threads doesn't mean you have the right to question peoples right to post, if it rankles with you so much then report the offending posts but for the time being just dont ##### read them.

#18 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Gav please shut up. You have your views and others theirs. There are major as well as minor problems in the game that people comment on. Its natural on a forum people post their thoughts. Some are negative, others positive. You dont like it, then dont read it. Very simple. You have your views yet people respect them even if we dont agree with them. Maybe you should respect others even if you dont agree.

My firm doesnt have a christmas party and I know many others that do not. The RFLhas to save money like many other firms. But it is a news story especially being cancelled so late. Its a very expensive thing to host especially when the numbers are 100 or so. The fact that the RFL is looking to save money on something which doesnt need to be done and the cash used to benefit the sport should be applauded. I dont think the RFL do that great a job in many things. However I will congratulate or agree with them on things I feel they are doing right. There is a story here and the fact is the RFL are cutting costs- good on them!

#19 Mumby Magic

Mumby Magic
  • Coach
  • 3,154 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

I think the point Gav is making is that alot seem to jump onto the negative straight away. He states we have turned down two potential sponsors but nobody cares to mention that from his post.

Merry Bloomin Christmas!! :lol:

Lilly, Jacob and Isaac, what my life is about. Although our route through life is not how it should be, I am a blessed man.

#20 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,718 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Another person who seems to prefer shouting about the game failing, so much so that he's invented his own ridiculous negative situation to shout about if he can't think of a real one...
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users