RFL cancels Christmas.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#21 Marauder

Marauder
  • Coach
  • 11,779 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

FFS Gav, just because you dont see the point to loads of threads doesn't mean you have the right to question peoples right to post, if it rankles with you so much then report the offending posts but for the time being just dont ##### read them.

I thought it was only me that had noticed the high almighty comments to any comment that doesn't fall into place with the RFL way of thinking.
Carlsberg don't do Soldiers, but if they did, they would probably be Brits.

http://www.pitchero....hornemarauders/

#22 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:09 PM

Some are negative, others positive. You dont like it, then dont read it. Very simple.

How do you know whether you like it or not until you've read it?

Posted Image

#23 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:35 PM

How do you know whether you like it or not until you've read it?

Certain posters you know will usually post something you dont like. It maybe annoys you. Its why you ignore them. Some Posts just be the headline alone you know could or will end up in a ##### fight.

#24 Manx RL

Manx RL
  • Coach
  • 1,258 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:53 PM

I think you will find that today is December 22nd the SL season will start in around 6 weeks time.

Sure a naming rights sponsor will be announced maybe a betting company last minute £ 5/600000K which will still be a mickey mouse deal.

If you think that all is well then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

CM

Big or small ticket?
- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

#25 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:39 PM

Another person who seems to prefer shouting about the game failing, so much so that he's invented his own ridiculous negative situation to shout about if he can't think of a real one...

Ha, ha, you obviously have no idea, they have spoken to Warburtons.

#26 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:55 PM

Anything to do with vans?
Posted Image

#27 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:08 PM

Is this like the other night when you showed that you had absolutely no idea whatsoever about LoveRugbyLeague.com's deal with Batley?
Posted Image

#28 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

FFS Gav, just because you dont see the point to loads of threads doesn't mean you have the right to question peoples right to post, if it rankles with you so much then report the offending posts but for the time being just dont ##### read them.

I was just asking what the point was to your post, as to me it looked like you had completely fabricated a situation just so you could put the game down (again). I never once called into question your right to post.
Posted Image

#29 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

Gav please shut up.

Thats a bit much isn't it? I thought everyone had a right to an opinion? Everybody also has a right to challenge that opinion, especially when they are fabricating situations just so they can put the game down.

You have your views and others theirs. There are major as well as minor problems in the game that people comment on. Its natural on a forum people post their thoughts. Some are negative, others positive. You dont like it, then dont read it. Very simple. You have your views yet people respect them even if we dont agree with them. Maybe you should respect others even if you dont agree.

There are plenty of folk on here who I don't agree with (even you at times), but I completely respect their opinion. How will I know I don't like it if I don't read it?

My firm doesnt have a christmas party and I know many others that do not. The RFLhas to save money like many other firms. But it is a news story especially being cancelled so late. Its a very expensive thing to host especially when the numbers are 100 or so. The fact that the RFL is looking to save money on something which doesnt need to be done and the cash used to benefit the sport should be applauded. I dont think the RFL do that great a job in many things. However I will congratulate or agree with them on things I feel they are doing right. There is a story here and the fact is the RFL are cutting costs- good on them!

For what its worth, I completely agree with you. (Although the RFL did have Christmas parties last week, just not the big one!)
Posted Image

#30 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,303 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

I think you will find that today is December 22nd the SL season will start in around 6 weeks time.

Sure a naming rights sponsor will be announced maybe a betting company last minute £ 5/600000K which will still be a mickey mouse deal.

If you think that all is well then you are living in cloud cuckoo land.

CM

Lets see what the new Commercial Manager comes up with before slagging him off eh?
Posted Image

#31 Lounge Room Lizard

Lounge Room Lizard
  • Coach
  • 6,413 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:33 PM

Thats a bit much isn't it? I thought everyone had a right to an opinion? Everybody also has a right to challenge that opinion, especially when they are fabricating situations just so they can put the game down.

There are plenty of folk on here who I don't agree with (even you at times), but I completely respect their opinion. How will I know I don't like it if I don't read it?

For what its worth, I completely agree with you. (Although the RFL did have Christmas parties last week, just not the big one!)

Sorry Gav just thought you was having ago at somebody. If somebody is putting a negative opinion it doesnt mean they are putting the game down. Maybe they feel its not being done right or maybe it should be done better. Sadly and I am one of the worst for this, some of us have problems putting it properly so its easy to say what we mean and misunderstandings occur. I end up them writing loads trying to explain when I should make it short post

#32 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

I was just asking what the point was to your post, as to me it looked like you had completely fabricated a situation just so you could put the game down (again). I never once called into question your right to post.

Gav, you aint got a bleedin clue mate, put the game down again, where have i put the game down at all, nowhere.

You think nyone who has a different view from you is knocking the game when thats just not true, they may well be knocking SOME OF the institution of the RFL but thats based on history and the RFL's history of making a total balls up of the game since Super League came about, Super League was solely introduced to strengthen the elite competition by producing home grown talent and restricting the employ of overseas players with the objective to make us a stronger national side to be able to compete with the Australians and on that basis they have screwed us big style

After 16/17years of abject failure dont you think the fans (though you wont call them that) have a right to the odd moan now and again

Edited by Gary Coyle, 22 December 2012 - 08:49 PM.

#33 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:50 PM

Anything to do with vans?

What as in Patrick Ah

Edited by Gary Coyle, 22 December 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#34 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:59 PM

Gav, your holier than thou attitude gives the impression you called into question my right to post, you'd already made it clear in your opening gambit on this thread you thought the whole topic was ridiculously stupid, you should have left it there yet youre still contributing nothing to it.

#35 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

What as in Patrick Ah

I'm glad to see a sense of humour has prevailed. For crying out loud, my club is dead on its arris and you lot are arguing furiously about a nothing article in a dreadful paper! Relax! Honestly, life is too good to waste on the bloody Sun. After booking my flights and hotels for the Magic Weekend on the dates the Sun gave, only to find the MW was a week later, I learnt never, ever to believe a single word in that rag. I still had a great weekend and got to see a game, too!

Seriously, guys, let's try and accentuate the positive when we can, point out the errors when we must. But above all, let's remain friends and be civil to each other. Please?

edited to avoid the Nanny (aka sweary filter)

Edited by tonyXIII, 22 December 2012 - 09:14 PM.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#36 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,725 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Gav, you aint got a bleedin clue mate, put the game down again, where have i put the game down at all, nowhere.

How about here...

Warburtons bread Super League 2013, ##### thousands of bread vans with crappy staged images splattered all over them but with no money involved, whoopidy ###### doo

What was this trying to achieve? Because all it is is a fabricated statement of negativity.

Posted Image

#37 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:57 PM

How about here...

What was this trying to achieve? Because all it is is a fabricated statement of negativity.

Get real Wellsy, yes it was a statement of negativity but how on earth does it put the game down FFS, and even if it were meant to put the game down (which it wasn't) so bleeding what, must be nice to go to sleep on a bed of roses every night.

you have your view, i have mine, get over it.

#38 Cardiff Cymru

Cardiff Cymru
  • Coach
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

Can people please give a public health warning in the initial thread if a link goes to The Sun. Kids read this forum you know! Thanks :)
About time I updated this.

Join Rebtel for cheap international calls

#39 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,120 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:03 PM

:lol: :lol:

Edited by Gary Coyle, 22 December 2012 - 10:04 PM.

#40 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,745 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

I see Barcelona are paying Messi the equivalent of something like £400M for his next deal. This really highlights what a joke RL has become. I hope the RFL are going to match these wages otherwise GB will not beat the Aussies like they did in 1986. :))

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users