Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rams cheerleaders have Panache!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:54 AM

Click here to check out the latest news from Dewsbury Rams.

Like the news on Facebook

Retweet it on Twitter

#2 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 12:04 PM

does this mean we will have some half decent totty to drool over at half time

#3 Kelsey The Ram

Kelsey The Ram
  • Coach
  • 385 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hopefully yes.
"Are you tryin' to mug me off in front of my pals?"

#4 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 465 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

As long as it doesn't lead to our own cheerleaders noses being put out of joint. Our cheerleaders aren't the best, but they volunteer and don't go through the auditions that other clubs have. They try their best, even if i do have the odd laugh.
ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#5 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:06 PM

NOW THEN NOW THEN.

#6 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:31 PM

NOW THEN NOW THEN.

Was thinking along the same lines myself...

Still, got to be honest, the locality is saturated with local clubs, would rather see a ten minute game played by local kids at half time than our cheerleaders.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#7 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:47 PM

Still, got to be honest, the locality is saturated with local clubs, would rather see a ten minute game played by local kids at half time than our cheerleaders.

Agreed.
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#8 firebasher

firebasher
  • Coach
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:38 PM

Attached File  cas spice girls.jpg   77.8KB   35 downloads

#9 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:20 PM

I think this is a totally insensative and dissapointing post , our cheerleaders may not be the most proficient but they are supporters of the club and over the years as a body they have raised a lot of money for club projects also they invariably turn up to support club events ,Which is something that many other supporters fail to do . If i were one of the girls or their leaders reading this i would be both upset and embarrassed .

Edited by guest from down under, 23 December 2012 - 02:21 PM.

#10 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Agreed.

Or do both!?

#11 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,470 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:36 PM

I think this is a totally insensative and dissapointing post , our cheerleaders may not be the most proficient but they are supporters of the club and over the years as a body they have raised a lot of money for club projects also they invariably turn up to support club events ,Which is something that many other supporters fail to do . If i were one of the girls or their leaders reading this i would be both upset and embarrassed .

Believe me, we all give thanks that you aren't!!
Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#12 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:59 PM

You can tell its Christmas i agree 100% Those girls walk every year to Fev and has one thats walked that walk its not a stroll to the shops.Dont worry girls the Barmy armys behind you.Even the 2 drummers. :D :D :D :D

Edited by EQUALIZER, 23 December 2012 - 08:05 PM.

#13 funkmaster flex

funkmaster flex
  • Coach
  • 599 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:32 PM

We can either be sentimental, or realistic. But that doesn't mean i'm not grateful.
I've seen those girls in all weather come and do their thing and I never criticised them. But, our half time entertainment is not up to scratch and if you can honestly say you look forward to watching a few preteens all dance around at half time then I would most certainly be quoting Jimmy Saville.

Having local kids come play rugby is not just inspirational to those who play, but also to those kids who attend the games and don't play. It's letting the game know, right down at the earliest levels that it is supported right up to the level of Dewsbury Rams. And, having been involved in some form or another with the junior game for almost 8 years I can tell you these kids are not just passionate, but enthusiastic and it is great to see the game being carried on.

I think Tom has it right by suggesting we have both the cheerleaders and young kids playing at half time. But really, your knee jerk reaction about me offending cheerleaders was a bit sensationalist and I suggest you concenrate your efforts on policing the terraces and the insults I have heard directed toward the young girls.

Edited by funkmaster flex, 23 December 2012 - 09:33 PM.

Living life and loving every second

http://www.summerhol.com

#14 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:22 PM

Still FF a bit harsh on the girls
yeah they arent the dallas cowboy cheerleaders
or even the wakefield dolls
their supporters of the club and a lot of effort
goes into keep them going plus what they raise for the club.
i think very few connected with the club will agree
with your comments.

#15 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,414 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:40 AM

I've seen those girls in all weather come and do their thing and I never criticised them. But, our half time entertainment is not up to scratch and if you can honestly say you look forward to watching a few preteens all dance around at half time then I would most certainly be quoting Jimmy Saville.

I know you are not stupid so i will put your comments above down to arrogance on one part and being pathetic on another .

#16 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

The cheerleaders do a great job and most of the supporters can't even be bothered to applaud their efforts. It's a community club and I think the Cheerleaders reflect that. But yes I wouldn't object to kids game at half-time as well, there's rom for both.

#17 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

How about the cheerleaders take on a local amateur under 12's side at half time, sorted, back to bed now.

#18 charli-the-cheerleader

charli-the-cheerleader
  • Coach
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:07 PM

On behalf of all of the cheerleaders, I would like to say thank you to all the supporters that we do have, as we do thrive off your continued support and positive feedback.

With regards to a previous post about feeling embarrassed, the only people that should be feeling embarrassed should be those who clearly have not read the press release properly, as I think you will find that it states that Panache and the Dewsbury Rams Cheerleaders are joining together to form this academy and will hopefully be retaining several of its current members, and the academy is in fact there to promote fitness and exercise to children of a younger age. This resulting in the matchday experience regarding the cheerleaders staying as it is, and not putting what you call 'totty' on the pitch.
As a good friend once told me:
Always look on the bright side of life!!

#19 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:47 AM

On behalf of all of the cheerleaders, I would like to say thank you to all the supporters that we do have, as we do thrive off your continued support and positive feedback.

With regards to a previous post about feeling embarrassed, the only people that should be feeling embarrassed should be those who clearly have not read the press release properly, as I think you will find that it states that Panache and the Dewsbury Rams Cheerleaders are joining together to form this academy and will hopefully be retaining several of its current members, and the academy is in fact there to promote fitness and exercise to children of a younger age. This resulting in the matchday experience regarding the cheerleaders staying as it is, and not putting what you call 'totty' on the pitch.

Good on ya girls - hope it all works out for you. :)

#20 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

This resulting in the matchday experience regarding the cheerleaders staying as it is, and not putting what you call 'totty' on the pitch.

Boo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users