NHS

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 WearyRhino

WearyRhino
  • Coach
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Hmmm, Just to let people know that Hospital beds are a premium and people do not get to hold them up them willy nilly. You said this guy was African how did you know? (or do you actually mean that here was a black man extracting money from the poor NHS)

In this suituation normally the NHS will use the translation services, which would have been used to initailly, obviuously the medical staff were concerned about his health, hence he was in hospital. That's the price we pay for living in a civilsed country where we don't think it is acceptable not to help those in need (regardless of status).

I hope that in futre if you are unlucky enough to have to go into hospital that it is a British-born only ward (sorry Celtic-born only), and non of these other non-disireables infecting your air space (like those of anglo-saxon, norse or Norman blood).

btw - I wasn't referring to the bloke in the hospital bed.

LUNEW.jpg

#22 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

My friend, who was suffering from cancer, was rushed into hospital in Bradford because he was suffering from adverse effects of his chemotherapy. He was placed in an 8- bed ward next to an African who was suffering from a yet-to-be diagnosed disease and who was pretending not to be able to speak English as he didn't want the hospital to find out where he was from and to check if he was an illegal immigrant. He could speak it alright on his mobile phone when there were no nurses about.

I'll bet he got cured for nothing, possibly infected other people in the ward and is almost certainly still in this country.
I'll also bet that his own country hasn't paid a penny of the cost.

Its things like this that make me pleased to know i live in a civilised country where someone is helped first and questions asked later.

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#23 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Its things like this that make me pleased to know i live in a civilised country where someone is helped first and questions asked later.

spot on - as for the post about the black man on a ward, I am in absolute disbelief - did you ask him if he had car insurance?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#24 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

btw - I wasn't referring to the bloke in the hospital bed.

I think only one person on here thought you were

#25 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,872 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:15 PM

Thank you.

They may cock things up, but when they are good they are bloody good.

Seconded, spending a large chunk of tonight in the childrens section of Wigan Infirmaries A&E department reenforced that in our house tonight! Everyone we dealt with was absolutely superb.

Hope your Mums stay in over Christmas is as comfortable as can be and that she has a speedy recovery.

#26 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,124 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

Seconded, spending a large chunk of tonight in the childrens section of Wigan Infirmaries A&E department reenforced that in our house tonight! Everyone we dealt with was absolutely superb.

Hope your Mums stay in over Christmas is as comfortable as can be and that she has a speedy recovery.

Thanks Marc, she has an excellent team looking after her, and they are really on the ball. I'm sure if everything goes to plan she will have a speedy recovery.

All the best.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#27 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:14 PM

Not really applicable where I am currently living, but most central London hospitals have an overseas accounts Departmdn, where non eu nantionals are charged through either the insurance or embassy, most of them leg it back home before the bill lands on the mat.
To the tune (2006 figures the last I had) of £23mlion at one central London trust alone
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#28 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

Not really applicable where I am currently living, but most central London hospitals have an overseas accounts Departmdn, where non eu nantionals are charged through either the insurance or embassy, most of them leg it back home before the bill lands on the mat.
To the tune (2006 figures the last I had) of £23mlion at one central London trust alone

That's a lot of money from just one trust. Surely they have looked at ways to recoup their losses? It shouldn't be impossible in this day and age. Photographs, passports, referral to embassy, billing the relevant authority. Still, it's a more humanitarian approach to treat first and ask questions later. Incidentally, it is always possible that Brits might get treatment abroad and 'do a runner', so trying to clamp down on abuse might open a can of worms.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#29 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,124 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

That's a lot of money from just one trust. Surely they have looked at ways to recoup their losses? It shouldn't be impossible in this day and age. Photographs, passports, referral to embassy, billing the relevant authority. Still, it's a more humanitarian approach to treat first and ask questions later. Incidentally, it is always possible that Brits might get treatment abroad and 'do a runner', so trying to clamp down on abuse might open a can of worms.

Couple of excellent points made their T, mainly treat first ask questions later and I'll bet Brits abroad are no angels themselves (not including you and yours of course).

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#30 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,171 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

They give anaesthetists the figures for international payments? :mellow:

And if they've legged it back it's irrelevant - the insurance or embassy are paying, not the person.
Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#31 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,985 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 07:21 PM

They give anaesthetists the figures for international payments? :mellow:

And if they've legged it back it's irrelevant - the insurance or embassy are paying, not the person.

Point 1: I should imagine such figures would be the subject of common gossip among the employees of any such organisation. As to their accuracy, I wouldn't know.

Point 2: I should hope this is true.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#32 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

I dated for a short time the secretary who looked after international billing in the private wing at St Mary's Paddington
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#33 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,170 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:57 AM

My friend, who was suffering from cancer, was rushed into hospital in Bradford because he was suffering from adverse effects of his chemotherapy. He was placed in an 8- bed ward next to an African who was suffering from a yet-to-be diagnosed disease and who was pretending not to be able to speak English as he didn't want the hospital to find out where he was from and to check if he was an illegal immigrant. He could speak it alright on his mobile phone when there were no nurses about.

I'll bet he got cured for nothing, possibly infected other people in the ward and is almost certainly still in this country.
I'll also bet that his own country hasn't paid a penny of the cost.

I know someone who was born here and whose antecedants were born here as far back as it is possible to trace. This person is very well off and has some sort of tax avoidance scheme connected to the IOM. It means that he doesn't pay any UK income tax. But he takes full advantage of the NHS. His wife recently had a mamograph (on the NHS) which showed up positive so she went into Jimmy's and had surgery and was cured (on the NHS) How many more people are there like this (very friendly helpful) guy? Before we start excluding the foreigners perhaps we could start on the tax avoiders.
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#34 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,087 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

I know someone who was born here and whose antecedants were born here as far back as it is possible to trace. This person is very well off and has some sort of tax avoidance scheme connected to the IOM. It means that he doesn't pay any UK income tax. But he takes full advantage of the NHS. His wife recently had a mamograph (on the NHS) which showed up positive so she went into Jimmy's and had surgery and was cured (on the NHS) How many more people are there like this (very friendly helpful) guy? Before we start excluding the foreigners perhaps we could start on the tax avoiders.

Fair point. I'm sure we all know of people like that. I know of some people who 'don't exist' yet as you say, when they fall ill use the NHS. One such person, when asked who he was etc claimed to be an alkie with no memory of anything....and it worked.

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#35 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,242 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:04 AM

With regard to the African patient; he was exactly that. He happened to be black but I couldn't care less about the ethnicity of such patients ... the crucial factor in my mind is that they are sponging off the NHS and, as such, from my contributions.

He was arrogant enough or stupid enough to speak English on his phone in the ward when no staff were present; if he'd had anything about him, he would have either:-
- spoken in his own language ... he didn't so it can be assumed he was speaking to someone British or from a separate anglophone community
- gone to the toilet or shower room to make the calls.

There seems to be a common conception on this board that I am racially prejudiced. I am not, I just object to certain ethnic groupings flouting the accepted social, legal and financial mores of Great Britain. For instance, Bradford's longstanding ethnic divisions has recently been further stretched by an influxof eastern European street-beggars. Exactly what do these people contribute to either the city or to British society? No doubt they are also claiming money from the Social services,

I have friends, work colleagues and neighbours who are of West Indian, Sikh and Hindu ethnic backgrounds and they feel the same as me about these issues. Like me, they would laugh out loud at being accused of being racially prejudiced by certain right-on brigade members of this forum who have little if any experience of the current problems in places such as Bradford.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#36 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,242 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:48 AM

http://www.thetelegr...ackdown/?ref=mr

'Tackling gang and youth violence in Bradford has become a Government priority, it was announced today.
The city was named by Home Secretary Theresa May as one of four new areas where action will be taken by the Home Office’s Ending Gang and Youth Violence frontline team.
Bradford, along with Leeds and London boroughs Merton, and Hammersmith and Fulham, have been identified as needing extra Government funds to stamp out gang and knife crime. '

Wow, Theresa May must be racially prejudiced as well. ;)

I reckon Weary Rhino and Kenilworth Tiger will be straight on here tomorrow deploring her for trying to suppress the traditional practices of certain sections of Bradford's ethnic communities. Perhaps they will recommend that we Bradfordians should instead welcome and embrace such gang culture as an authentic expression of multicultural diversity. Not that they themselves will be venturing here anytime soon.
:lol:

Edited by Wolford6, 28 December 2012 - 03:02 AM.

#37 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:09 AM

http://www.thetelegr...ackdown/?ref=mr

'Tackling gang and youth violence in Bradford has become a Government priority, it was announced today.
The city was named by Home Secretary Theresa May as one of four new areas where action will be taken by the Home Office’s Ending Gang and Youth Violence frontline team.
Bradford, along with Leeds and London boroughs Merton, and Hammersmith and Fulham, have been identified as needing extra Government funds to stamp out gang and knife crime. '

Wow, Theresa May must be racially prejudiced as well. ;)

I reckon Weary Rhino and Kenilworth Tiger will be straight on here tomorrow deploring her for trying to suppress the traditional practices of certain sections of Bradford's ethnic communities. Perhaps they will recommend that we Bradfordians should instead welcome and embrace such gang culture as an authentic exp<b></b>ression of multicultural diversity. Not that they themselves will be venturing here anytime soon.
:lol:

the report is about gangs, no mention of race or colour.

hardly surprising that you have read it as you did though
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#38 Trojan

Trojan
  • Coach
  • 15,170 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

There does seem to be a problem with Romanians though. Not sure about the UK but certainly in France and Spain, I was robbed in Madrid last year three times in the space of three days! I'm told the punishment for prickpocketing in Spain is three days inside whereas in Romania it's 5 years hard labour, no wonder they come to Western Europe to ply their sklls (they are very skilful believe me <_< )
"Your a one trick pony Trojan" - Parksider 10th March 2013

#39 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,242 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

the report is about gangs, no mention of race or colour.

hardly surprising that you have read it as you did though

Your right. As anyone from Bradford will confirm, all these gangs are led by indigenous white supremacists. At the moment, there's a vicious tripartite turf war going on between the Golf Club Gang, the Allotments Gang and the Quiz League Gang . The local newspapers and TV stations areso in thrall to these white mafia gangs that they are never mentioned when someone gets stabbed, shot or merely badly beaten up. Instead, the reports generally refer only to poor innocent Moslems, Gypsies and Eastern Europeans who are coerced by the gangs into dealing in heroin and committing these crimes.
:wacko: :lol:

#40 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,964 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

Your right. As anyone from Bradford will confirm, all these gangs are led by indigenous white supremacists. At the moment, there's a vicious tripartite turf war going on between the Golf Club Gang, the Allotments Gang and the Quiz League Gang . The local newspapers and TV stations areso in thrall to these white mafia gangs that they are never mentioned when someone gets stabbed, shot or merely badly beaten up. Instead, the reports generally refer only to poor innocent Moslems, Gypsies and Eastern Europeans who are coerced by the gangs into dealing in heroin and committing these crimes.
:wacko: :lol:

Good effort of deflecting the fact that you read the article and immediately thought black/foreign/ethnic gangs - not that it tells us anything we didn;t already know....

"lots of my friends are coloured" :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users