Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

League table ?

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 shun

shun
  • Coach
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Really?

Ah! I see! You're already predicting there'll be no Salford.

:lol:

#22 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:27 AM

Really?

Ah! I see! You're already predicting there'll be no Salford.

No, Salford will be ok, a saviour will come forward..... You'll get an investor.

Widnes need more than one man to save them!!

#23 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,024 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:05 AM

All the bleating on Forums by Hull fans about previous directors and management their expectation is and always has been high but they they never live up to the hype, no excuses this coming season though this is now pearson ans Gentles team.

Ah, but this will be our transitional season.

(Grumble, mutter, Hetherington, grumble, mutter, Agar, grumb....ad infinitum.)

RyanBailey_2640424.jpg

"Nobody told me there were two teams called Rovers, I thought I'd signed for Fev..."

#24 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 09:35 AM

Leeds in 3rd or 4th?

Everyone know Leeds finish in 5th then win the Grand Final. It's a Rugby League tradition!

Yes but it will be difficult for them this year since Wire and Wigan are a bit weaker this year. Leeds will struggle to make there losses look convincing enough.

#25 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Yes but it will be difficult for them this year since Wire and Wigan are a bit weaker this year. Leeds will struggle to make there losses look convincing enough.

How are wires weaker??

Please do tell me.

Wigan I agree, but I still don't write them off!!

#26 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,953 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:43 AM

How are wires weaker??

Please do tell me.

Wigan I agree, but I still don't write them off!!

Because their squad is ageing.

Edited by Wellsy4HullFC, 27 December 2012 - 10:43 AM.

Posted Image

#27 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

and they may win a few more games and finish higher in the league if some of the other teams are indeed weaker
ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#28 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 10:47 AM

Because their squad is ageing.

So that makes us weaker??

So Ellis signing for FC makes you weaker, I get it.

#29 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

No, Salford will be ok, a saviour will come forward..... You'll get an investor.

Widnes need more than one man to save them!!

so please elaborate on your pompous decree, we will not finish bottom this coming season as we have to ply the dire twice and that's four points for a start. i predict that widnes will finish 10th and my table goes like this...........

1 leeds
2 stains
3 wigan
4 warrington
5 hull
6 huddersfield
7 catalans
8 bradford
9 wakefield
10 widnes
11 hull kr
12 london
13 castleford
14 salford (only because of the current crisis that has hampered recruitment)
"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#30 Southstander13

Southstander13
  • Coach
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:41 PM

1 Warrington
2 Wigan
3 Leeds
4 Saints
5 Catalan
6 Hull
7 Huddersfield
8 Wakefield
9 Bradford
10 London
11 Hull kr
12 Castleford
13 Widnes
14 Salford

GF winner - Warrington
CC winner - Leeds (fourth time lucky!)

Quite tough to call to be honest.
With Salfords problems, particularly with recruitment, cant see them anywhere other than bottom (hopefully still in the league though!)
With a more experienced coach i reckon London will go better than last year.
Hull are hard to judge, should be stronger than last year but not sure where that will take them.
Im not sure Widnes have recruited strongly enough to make too much headway.
I think this will be Wires year for the GF, they are easily good enough and their experiences of last year will help them. They have a stable squad too, unlike Wigan who may be a little more inconsistent given the team changes over the off season, particularly in the halves.
Finally, fingers crossed that Leeds can finally win the Cup!

#31 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:04 PM

Same as 2012 but with Salford last
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#32 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,953 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 05:44 PM

So that makes us weaker??

So Ellis signing for FC makes you weaker, I get it.

Well no, we never had a younger Ellis, so he hasn't deteriorated for us, so he can't make our side weaker because of his age. Only ability.
You have many ageing players. It "could" make you weaker.

Don't get your knickers in a twist because someone has an opinion about your precious team!
Posted Image

#33 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:22 PM

1. Wigan
2. Leeds
3. Warrington
4. Hull
5. St Helens
6. Catalan
7. Hull KR
8. Huddersfield
9. Bradford
10, Wakefield
11. Cas
12. London
13. Widnes
14. Salford

GF Winners: Wigan
CC: Hull

#34 timhammonds

timhammonds
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

Did hullfan and any of the other posters here, post predictions last year?how did you do?

#35 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

Well no, we never had a younger Ellis, so he hasn't deteriorated for us, so he can't make our side weaker because of his age. Only ability.
You have many ageing players. It "could" make you weaker.

Don't get your knickers in a twist because someone has an opinion about your precious team!

My G string is fine.

I was just asking you a question.

Best wishes for the new year, I'm expecting big things from FC, top four!!

#36 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 07:08 AM

so please elaborate on your pompous decree, we will not finish bottom this coming season as we have to ply the dire twice and that's four points for a start. i predict that widnes will finish 10th and my table goes like this...........

1 leeds
2 stains
3 wigan
4 warrington
5 hull
6 huddersfield
7 catalans
8 bradford
9 wakefield
10 widnes
11 hull kr
12 london
13 castleford
14 salford (only because of the current crisis that has hampered recruitment)

Our kids took the foot of the gas, so I think I'm allowed to be pompous - if that's we word you wish to use.

Warrington fourth in your table and Widnes 10th must be due to the fact you're going to beat us twice.

Long long year for widnes and betts to go before magic weekend

#37 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 09:56 AM

Top five (from) Leeds, saints, Wigan, Hull FC and Wires
Next five (from) Catalans, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Hull KR and Bradford

Castleford, London, Salford and Widnes it's going to be a long season IMHO

Anyway, best wishes to all and here's to 5 weeks to OUR fantatsic game starting all over again.

Best wishes to Leeds for the WC challenge.

#38 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,024 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:09 AM

GF Winners: Wigan
CC: Hull

Wembley not available this coming season then.....

RyanBailey_2640424.jpg

"Nobody told me there were two teams called Rovers, I thought I'd signed for Fev..."

#39 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 5,202 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

Our kids took the foot of the gas, so I think I'm allowed to be pompous - if that's we word you wish to use.

Warrington fourth in your table and Widnes 10th must be due to the fact you're going to beat us twice.

Long long year for widnes and betts to go before magic weekend

after we had lost 4 of the starting 13 due to injury, tell me where one of the wire morons who were taking the ###### out of stefan marsh when he was knocked unconcious????
as for your kids........................how the ###### can you class the likes of wood and carvell as kids???

Widnes Vikings
Jack Owens, Paddy Flynn, Stefan Marsh, Chris Dean, Willie Isa, Joe Mellor, Grant Gore, Alex Gerrard, Phil Joseph, Ben Kavanagh, Macgraff Leuluai, Frank Winterstein, Dave Allen. Subs: Cameron Phelps, Patrick Ah Van, Hep Cahill, Ben Davies, Danny Craven,Tom Gilmore.

Tries: Craven 2, Owens, Ah Van
Goals: Owens 3

Warrington Wolves
Chris Riley, Rhys Williams, Rhys Evans, James Saltonstall, Ryan Shaw, James Mendika, Gareth O'Brien, Garreth Carvell, Mick Higham, Paul Wood, James Laithwaite, Ben Currie, Mike Cooper. Subs: Gene Ormsby, Gavin Bennion, Brad Dwyer, Danny Bridge.

Tries: Carvell, Mendika, Cooper, Currie, Higham.
Goals: O'Brien 5

Edited by Viking Warrior, 28 December 2012 - 11:54 AM.

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#40 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,633 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

after we had lost 4 of the starting 13 due to injury, tell me where one of the wire morons who were taking the ###### out of stefan marsh when he was knocked unconcious????
as for your kids........................how the ###### can you class the likes of wood and carvell as kids???

Widnes Vikings
Jack Owens, Paddy Flynn, Stefan Marsh, Chris Dean, Willie Isa, Joe Mellor, Grant Gore, Alex Gerrard, Phil Joseph, Ben Kavanagh, Macgraff Leuluai, Frank Winterstein, Dave Allen. Subs: Cameron Phelps, Patrick Ah Van, Hep Cahill, Ben Davies, Danny Craven,Tom Gilmore.

Tries: Craven 2, Owens, Ah Van
Goals: Owens 3

Warrington Wolves
Chris Riley, Rhys Williams, Rhys Evans, James Saltonstall, Ryan Shaw, James Mendika, Gareth O'Brien, Garreth Carvell, Mick Higham, Paul Wood, James Laithwaite, Ben Currie, Mike Cooper. Subs: Gene Ormsby, Gavin Bennion, Brad Dwyer, Danny Bridge.

Tries: Carvell, Mendika, Cooper, Currie, Higham.
Goals: O'Brien 5

Did the morons know the player was unconscious ??

17 man squad 14 homegrown players, no overseas with 3 players over 30 wood, carvel and higham

So sorry 14 kids beating a YET again poor widnes side!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users