Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Christmas cheer...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:35 PM

Hope everybody on here has a lovely Christmas.

We may not all get on, we may drive each other crazy at times, but ultimately we all have the best interests of the game at heart.

Lets look to 2013 with a sense of cautious optimism, and lets help make 2013 a year to remember, especially at the World Cup!

Eat, drink and be merry tomorrow with all your friends and family, and blow out those hangovers at a pre-season friendly, preferably wearing a novelty turkey hat.

All the best!!! :D
Posted Image

#2 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 4,882 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I'll second that. Have a great Christmas and the New Year would be perfect if we don't lose any more clubs, the new teams in our game are successful and survive in CC1 and ENGLAND WIN THE WORLD CUP and the tournament is a resounding sold out and ratings success both here and overseas.

#3 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,704 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

Totally agree with the previous posts so best wishes to everyone over the festive season.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#4 41hound

41hound
  • Coach
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 03:56 PM

Yes indeed - merry Christmas to all.

#5 gazza77

gazza77
  • Coach
  • 2,164 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Yes, enjoy the festivities one and all, and have a great New Year. Probably my last pre-Christmas post, as I'm about to leave work. :D

"Featherstone outside the Super League is like Rooney, Ronaldo, Villa out of Euro 2012."

Please view my photos.

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

#6 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,158 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 05:46 PM

Merry Christmas everyone. Hope you all have a lovely time whatever it is you may be doing.

#7 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 19,624 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 08:52 PM

Yeah all the best to all RL fans. :)

No I don't care if you're if you're into different bands

No cause for so much hatred, I'm just a different man

Pull off that cover, I will too, and learn to understand

With music deep inside we'll make world unity our plan

7 Seconds -Walk Together, Rock Together

#8 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 17,939 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 09:47 PM

All the best folks.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#9 shrek

shrek
  • Coach
  • 5,834 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 10:26 PM

Merry Christmas one and all, not wanting to wish time away but can't wait for 2013, two Rugby League World Cups to look forward to and both taking place on British soil, splendid!

#10 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,944 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Happy Christmas to all - 2013 could be epic. Here's to a wonderful World Cup year. I imagine many in here have had tough years, these are not easy days. May TGG give solace and joy to all.

#11 Mushy

Mushy
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:32 AM

Happy Yulelogs all round!

2012 was an amazing British year of sport, and here's to 2013 being our own year of triumphs for the Greatest Game of all.

Merry Christmas.

#12 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 14,158 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:21 AM

Merry Christmas - it's a double celebration for me as I proposed to my girlfriend last night and remarkably she said yes!

Off for a glass of champagne now!

Enjoy your day folks!

#13 Bleep1673

Bleep1673
  • Coach
  • 3,430 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:26 AM

Congratulations Dave

Merry Christmas to everyone.

I didn't think I was going to be able to login while away, because my iPhone doesn't login on here - normally. It must be my Mum in laws Virgin wireless, because I am here
Swinton RLFC est 1866 - Supplying England with players when most of your clubs were in nappies

#14 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,235 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:52 AM

All this good will gets me worried. It's not normal on this forum. Bah Humbug is the usual format.
But I won't spoil the universal love in
MERRY CHRISTMAS to one and all
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#15 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 19,826 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

Happy Christmas you lot. Hope next year will be easier on us all.

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#16 John Rhino

John Rhino
  • Coach
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

Came down this morning to find the new kitchen under an inch of water. Built in appliances so can't get at the pipes.

Ah well, water turned off and see if we can get the plumber back on Thursday. Dinner on but a bit behind. :-)

Merry Christmas one and all!

Derby City - proud to be flying the flag for Rugby League in the Midlands for over 24 years.

Visit:  http://www.derbycityrlfc.co.uk and see the progress being made.

Follow us on Twitter: @derbycityrlfc

#17 EastLondonMike

EastLondonMike
  • Coach
  • 4,145 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Merry xmas one and all!! Hope you all have a good one. Father xmas kindly left me the Adrian Morley autobiography (among other things) so will look forward to reading that!

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

#18 westhuller

westhuller
  • Coach
  • 3,029 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

Fuse has just blown on the oven !

#19 jannerboyuk

jannerboyuk
  • Coach
  • 4,844 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:50 PM

Merry Xmas to all you lovely lot, even those on ignore!
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugb...-wales-for-2013
Predictions for the future -
Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG
Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT
Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG
Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/
http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!
http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

#20 JohnM

JohnM
  • Coach
  • 19,654 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

Annoying, confrontational, obtuse, creative, bl00dy-minded, argumentative, frustrating ....but that is enough about you lot!!! Remember this- whatever our views,however we feel, united by our love of the game, our similarities are far greater than our differences. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users